mr_woo

Fist Of The North Star (Yakuza Studio - PS4) - western release due October 2nd 2018! Dual Audio. Demo out now!

Awesome. Keen to see what they do with it.

I remember playing Binary Domain and thinking it was amazing and then finding out after the fact that it was the Yakuza studio. Suddenly it all made sense.

I love me some Yakuza but I'd prefer to see them do new things.

2 hours ago, df0 said:

Wait, Binary Domain was by the Yakuza team? That explains a lot.

:D

Can't wait for this. I have no particular interest in Fist of the Northstar but I do know the source material is suitably silly for the Yakuza team to do something awesome with. Like they did with Binary Domain

I bloody adore Fist of the North Star, and this looks tremendous :) . 

Is it going to be some sort of action RPG like Yakuza, or a purely fighting game (which would be much duller...)

ok so just under a year later this gets announced for release in the North America/Europe for 2nd October this year :)  Western title is Fist Of The North Star - Lost Paradise.  Dual audio, first time in ages a Yakuza team game has been dubbed in english but the japanese audio is also present.  Now just give me that Kiryu DLC as well please.  Game also has extra gore not present in the japanese version.

• Upvote 2

That looks very cathartic!  FOTNS was probably the first anime I watched as a young teen. Must have only been 12-13 years old. Blew my mind when I saw it for the first time. 

Then at some point I watched Urotisikudoji (?!) - Legend of the Overfiend and was mentally scarred forever. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, deKay said:

So long as this is better than the Mega Drive version!

I remember it being literally the only game I could afford in Woolworths! Wish I'd have had a £15 pick 'n mix, what a bland, awful experience it was.

Now this, this looks absolutely fantastic! It looks about as close to being the sequel to God Hand that we're ever going to see. Day one, looks like all sorts of fun. :D

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

Only slightly disappointed there was no footage of someone's head bulging out and then exploding. Still getting it.

Hopefully it's got some suitably silly Yakuza style side missions.

On 26/08/2017 at 13:41, mr_woo said:

Out of fucking nowhere

A21iqU1.gif

:lol:

Still, game looks bloody awesome!

Hopefully this is the first game to really do the series  justice. Apart from Arc Systems' 2D vs fighting game. Which we never got :angry: