Justin H Min as Ben

Britne Oldford as Fei

Jake Epstein as Alphonso

Genesis Rodriguez as Sloane

Cazzie David as Jayme

Existential Dread Inducing Psykromium Cube as Christopher

e0A8CQr.png

• 1 month later...

I've just started watching this yesterday and love it. Watched the first few episodes & the soundtrack is :wub:

I've already guessed after the first few episodes where the first season is going to finish. Robert Sheehan seems to have developed his Misfits charachter dialled up by a notch & has some funny moments.

Season 2 is a cracker. Really builds on Season 1 and the characters are portrayed far more confidently. After giving it a go when it first came out and not bothering after a dull opening, last year this became a family favourite. 

Can’t wait for the next season. 

@El Geet Agree season was brilliant, a lot less predictable and I really enjoyed the deeper dive into each of the characters. It took me a while to get started but I'm glad I did and have enjoyed the 20 episodes. Will definetly watch season 3 on release!

• 2 months later...

We’ve watched this over the last few weeks. I thought both series were excellent, the second was probably a bit better than the first but there wasn’t much in it. We missed Pogo and Mom (and Hazel and Cha Cha) but now everything’s gone even more wibbly wobbly timey wimey they might all be back next series.

I was slightly surprised that Five didn’t resurrect Lila with the rest of the gang, and then surprised again when she didn’t seem to be one of the Sparrows either. Unless I missed something!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Covid isolation meant I watched 8 episodes of this yesterday. So far so good.

Episode 8 is fantastic, possibly a highlight of all 3 series for me. No idea where on earth it's going for the last 2 episodes but looking forward to finding out.

I also got the book collection from my kids for father's day the other week so looking forward to getting started on that soon.

Fair warning the books are pretty different. At the core the story is the same but the TV show is very much it's own thing.

Up to Episode 5. I'm not sure the story is up to much cop (and certainly feels like the weakest of the 3) but I actually don't care. I just really like being in this odd little world they've made with the engaging characters.

Yeah I have heard that's the case with the books, I'm ok with that.

Totally agree with you as well, the main plot might not be the best but the characters and world is so good.

2 hours ago, Matt Defis said:

Yeah that is pretty much perfect, it's handled as "this is a new thing, we accept it and we've moved on" all within a few seconds.

Agree. And really enjoying the 3rd season so far. 

Think we are on ep4 already. 

And done - haven't changed my opinion above. The weakest storyline (with wierd coninkydinks and convergences) but can't find it in myself to care.

Lovely absurdist fun. Only thing I didn't get on with much was Alison in the series. I not sure whether we were meant sympathise, but I found the character a chore here.

It better bloody get a season 4 with that ending

Spoiler

So Reg's entire plan this whole time is to was to reboot the universe so his wife didn't die?

Are we meant to assume S1 Reg purposefully put things into motion or was it lucky? Or unknown just yet.

I'm assuming post credits Ben is Original Ben. Which means both Bens are now there...so why wasn't Sloane...mysterious!

Only on episode 2 but it just feels great having them back. Only came in to say that the handling of Viktor was absolutely perfect. Really surprised how much it actually got me in the feels, given it’s so subtle but really liked that.

MVP as always is Klaus :)