MattyP

Gran Turismo Sport -Tuesday nights forum races

The sportmanship rating system is the single best invention ever for online racing. It absolutely revolutionises it. Want to drive like a twat? Here, We'll put you in a group with other twats. Want to drive like a proper racer? Here's a group of people that can actually race properly.

What we have on Tuesday nights is pretty much clean as a whistle. Of course people make mistajes, but I don't think there is ever a malicious move made.

• Upvote 2

I still lol about the Interlagos escapades I witnessed a few weeks ago. I was smashed around something chronic, the red mist was in full flow, and as  hunted down the antagonist to exact my revenge, it was a thing of beauty to watch another player who felt that they'd been wronged, send them off track at high speed in turn one. I'd not normally do that, but it was some of the muckiest driving I'd ever been on the receiving end of.

You are absolutely correct though, the shitheads get grouped together, though you can find the odd rogue in 'C' class sometimes.

I turned my indicators on last night because I read about it in this thread, spent the next 5 laps wondering how to turn them off.........the other players must have been thinking 'tosser'

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, probotector said:

Just got this and really love it. I've bought every GT apart from 6 as since 2, I just got bored after the first league.

This has cut all the fat!!

Worth paying for plus for online on this?

Another one has seen the light! :D

2 hours ago, probotector said:

Can you only use the cars you've purchased or won online?

I only have a few cars right now, a Renault rs, Mazda rx7, gtr and two group 3 cars (Audi R8 and a nutter looking beetle)

Only cars that are in your garage, either purchased or won :)

By all means join us tonight! Add me on PSN (Joe_McSpeed) so I can invite you at 8:30 PM.

If you have a headset (or even the standard earplug that came with your PS4, or iPhone earplugs) put them in for party chat communications.

Please try to acquire the N400 Audi R8 4.2 FSI (earn some extra money in Circuit Experience if you need it).

Also as said, go to Sport Mode, the FIA Championships and sign a contract with a manufacturer of your choice to get free loaner Gr. 4 (and Gr. 3) cars.

If you can spare the cash, make sure to buy a Gr. 2 car as well (Honda, Lexus or Nissan).

See you tonight!

1 hour ago, Beezer said:

@McSpeed Are we going to have some kind of points system tonight?

Can do, if only to trial. We'll use the current F1 points system, so:

1st : 25 points
2nd : 18 points
3rd : 15 points
4th : 12 points
5th : 10 points
6th : 8 points
7th : 6 points
8th : 4 points
9th : 2 points
10th : 1 point

Please remind me to take snapshots of every result so I can do that math after every round :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, probotector said:

Thanks guys. Only got the game yesterday as I'd been waiting for it to go down again and Argos are selling it for 13.99!

Like I said, I'm loving it so far.

Bare in mind you need to complete the racing etiquette lesson before you can go online.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, probotector said:

I've got a group 3 R8?

That might come in useful, but we're also racing the N400 class R8 tonight.

1 hour ago, probotector said:

No worries. I've got 400k

PSN is quattroporte

Cool, added :)

Spend some of that money on the N400 Audi R8 4.2 FSI, then if you have the time gather some cash in the Circuit Experience mode - and buy yourself a Gr. 2 car as well. (Honda, Lexus or Nissan.)

I'm gonna have to miss out this week, my eldest is at a youth club tonight and I'm not happy with her walking home on her own, she's going to try and organise a lift or see if another friend wants to go with her next week so fingers crossed.

15 minutes ago, wev said:

I'm gonna have to miss out this week, my eldest is at a youth club tonight and I'm not happy with her walking home on her own, she's going to try and organise a lift or see if another friend wants to go with her next week so fingers crossed.

Understandable worries wev, I'd imagine having the same with a daughter.

Still hope you may pop in for some nice races later tonight, though :)

6 minutes ago, MattKB said:

I may be able to make a few races tonight, how do I find the room ? 

Make sure you add joe_mcspeed as a friend . The when you go to lobbies , choose “show only lobbies with friends “ and then join rllmuk 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, probotector said:

Getting a really strange problem. I can enter any lobby and Race apart from the rlmuk lobby.

I get a disconnection error everytime...

This may be NAT issue. Which NAT Type do you have?

Resetting your PS4 and router, then rejoining could help.

32 minutes ago, probotector said:

Yeah I'm just diddling with the settings! Brb

Any luck? If you can rejoin, the next race starts in 8 minutes :)

9 minutes ago, probotector said:

Just googling solutons :(

Error code is NE-210000C4

Others posting the same issue but no answers!

You seem to be in now for the next!

Otherwise, are you on wireless or cable?