rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:30 PM UK forum races!

1:06.6. I’d been experimenting with traction control in the wet as I don’t normally use it. Turned it off and instantly quicker. Top tip is brake wide and early on T1, big swinging arc in 3rd gear out to the track limit. It’s where I found a lot of time. Brakes on +4 make it more stable for me, I reckon wind it down and get more car rotation and there is more time to be gained but I’m not good enough to keep it under control for a whole lap 

• Upvote 2

Tried out race A for some laughs and it delivered. I use behind the car cam and it drops exceptionally low on these little Fiats. Don't know if it's intentional but i guess you can look through the back window, through the front window.. onto the track :lol: Had a blistering start and bolted from 8th to 2nd before being spun back to 11th on the last corner. GT Roulette. Not recommended if you cherish your Sportsmanship Rating though. 

New TT's are Tokyo Yamagiwa with the Mitsubishi GTO and Brands Hatch with gr 2 cars. Probably going to focus on the gr2 TT on Brands Hatch. Good way of getting to grips with the car a bit more and memorising my turn in point on that annoying right hander. 

Still have a sizeable car wish list so was looking for the quickest time vs credits races in the 'single player' section and found that doing the N1000 race in pro league with the Amuse Honda S2000 gets me around 190k credits in about 15 mins of racing. 100k prize +90% bonus for being in a car with less hp. These races still feature questionable AI but some drive with good looking liveries (surprised me) and i was literally laughing out loud when i caught up with the leading LaFerrari on St. Croix and saw it drifting around all the corners like it was the star of a D1 grand prix.  

• Upvote 2

The gr2 at brands is a bit of a rollercoaster, a very frantic lap on the short course. I suspect that'll be a sub 40 second lap that takes top honours....

Guess Hawthorne Bend will have to wait for me to mess up it's gravel traps. 

Watched the second race in the FIA cup and for some reason i really enjoy watching these kids and their e-sport efforts. Presentation from Red Bull Hangar was top notch. Looking fwd to see what will happen tonight. 

• Upvote 2

On 14/09/2019 at 11:40, Sun Tze said:

Guess Hawthorne Bend will have to wait for me to mess up it's gravel traps. 

Watched the second race in the FIA cup and for some reason i really enjoy watching these kids and their e-sport efforts. Presentation from Red Bull Hangar was top notch. Looking fwd to see what will happen tonight. 

Same here although the races in the previous event at New York were better.  They certainly put in a lot of effort and the production values are through the roof

If you want advice on Brands Hatch Indy and you have half an hour spare, you could do worse than watch this insanely detailed video:

It's an onboard lap driven and narrated by Scott Mansell, holder of the circuit lap record (38 seconds). He pauses it a lot as he goes round, and draws on the screen with a magic pencil.

• Upvote 3

Cheers for uploading that vid @beenabadbunny will see if i can translate that knowledge into time gains. 

Tried the TT in my Lexus RCF '16 but couldn't control it on TC1 and could feel me eating my own tires (and any momentum) at TC 2. Spent a good 30 mins but couldn't get anything below 45 secs. Slightly rattled i checked the leaderboards. Downloaded the top NSX replays and then the fastest RCF time. Amazing to see how much smoother the NSX runs this track. Despite also setting a lap in the mid 40's the RCF was all over the place, nearly spending as much time on the curbs and grass as it did on the tarmac. No way i can (or want to) try and replicate that so i bought a new gr2 machine. Instead of going for something competitive like the NSX i went for the LC430 '08...... just really like the look of it i guess :D Three laps in and i'm at 42.6 which is nearly 3 secs faster then in the newer, more powerful machine. Nice surprise and more confident i can find a little bit more over the next few days. 

Impressive time in the little Fiat @Junker considering no drafts or mild taps to the rear to help you boost the time in TT. Kudos and thanks for posting the times. 

• Upvote 1

It's the only GR2 car I own.  I'm fairly sure the race we had in them a few weeks ago was the first time I'd driven it.  It does seem a little bit, erm, excitable.

Anyone else having a particularly poor patch when it comes to the daily gift cars?  It's like I can say with certainty which car I'm going to get as soon as the silhouettes come up - it'll be the bog standard saloon or hatch, and definitely not one of the fantastic, bespoilered, Gr1 / GrX cars.  Is it just me?

2 hours ago, fretnoise said:

It's the only GR2 car I own.  I'm fairly sure the race we had in them a few weeks ago was the first time I'd driven it.  It does seem a little bit, erm, excitable.

Anyone else having a particularly poor patch when it comes to the daily gift cars?  It's like I can say with certainty which car I'm going to get as soon as the silhouettes come up - it'll be the bog standard saloon or hatch, and definitely not one of the fantastic, bespoilered, Gr1 / GrX cars.  Is it just me?

Nope, I find that taking a couple of days off usually results in me getting something decent instead of the most bland and shitty cars. If I get another atenza gr3 this week I'm likely to lose my shit.

Most interesting car I've had of late was a Renault 8 Gordini.

19 minutes ago, marsh said:

Nope, I find that taking a couple of days off usually results in me getting something decent instead of the most bland and shitty cars. If I get another atenza gr3 this week I'm likely to lose my shit.

Most interesting car I've had of late was a Renault 8 Gordini.

I think you are on to something there. First week after coming back the daily roulette was very kind with the Amuse Honda S2000, Lambo Veneno, the Aston Martin Valkyrie and a handful of Gt3 cars that i didn't own yet (or actually wanted a dupe of for liveries) but since then it has not been much. Got a gr3 Ferrari yesterday though which was nice. Still don't have the Atenza unfortunately. 

Just completed getting Gold in all of the mission challenges and just have the circuit ones to go. But I struggle at the Nürburgring Nordschleife with my fastest lap currently 8 seconds away from the Gold target, it's just too long for to memorise and I've never enjoyed driving on it in any racing game I've played it has been in. You get a gift car for each stage of the challenge mode you get gold in and for getting a least a bronze in all of the challenges on one stage but none of the cars are any different / rarer than what you get from the daily workout gift so it looks like I'll just have to keep grinding credits to buy the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe 64, only 8m credits to go.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, mexos said:

I bloody love Nurburgring. 

This. I didn't like it as it just seemed too much of a monsterous thing to take on. However, it rewards risks in places and it's many twists and turns are etched permanently on my brain.