rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:30 PM UK forum races!

14 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Are they charging for any of it though?

At the moment? No. It really is the gift that keeps on giving. If you decide to pay for cars rather than grind it out a bit, well that's up to you.

3 hours ago, marsh said:

At the moment? No. It really is the gift that keeps on giving. If you decide to pay for cars rather than grind it out a bit, well that's up to you.

That would be why they want a new game :P

On 18/08/2019 at 09:42, marsh said:

Found half a second by short gearing the Porsche, I need to get better hooked up through a couple of the corners, but I can't help feel like I'm just missing something.....

I might have had another go. :eyebrows:

Knock yourself out, it's all I've got to focus on if I'm honest. Diminishing returns and all that, if you look at the times at Tsukuba finding a second is top ten material, so incredibly unlikely to happen. Same could almost be said for Interlagos.....

I'm probably missing something obvious but how do you enable onboard view on a downloaded replay? I downloaded some high-ranking time trial replays, hoping to study their racing lines and gearshifts so I can see where I could improve, but I can only seem to view them from external TV-style view.

I'm not sure you can cycle through the camera modes on a downloaded replay? Which is odd as I was quite happy to observe @mexos gear changes and braking points from the GP race the other night......:eyebrows:

1 hour ago, marsh said:

Knock yourself out, it's all I've got to focus on if I'm honest. Diminishing returns and all that, if you look at the times at Tsukuba finding a second is top ten material, so incredibly unlikely to happen. Same could almost be said for Interlagos.....

That was code for I've found half a second.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, marsh said:

I'm not sure you can cycle through the camera modes on a downloaded replay? Which is odd as I was quite happy to observe @mexos gear changes and braking points from the GP race the other night......:eyebrows:

I didn't clock what you meant at first but are you saying if I take part in a race, I can then save the replay and go onboard with anyone else in that race? Because that's gold intelligence.

1 minute ago, beenabadbunny said:

I didn't clock what you meant at first but are you saying if I take part in a race, I can then save the replay and go onboard with anyone else in that race? Because that's gold intelligence.

Oh yes......you pick the camera modes so you can 'spy' on your rival.

There were a couple of corners on Monday where @mexos was faster than a greased weasel.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

Do the circuit experience challenges and get all golds. If you do that, you'll be well on the way to being competitve, because you will in essence be driving the right lines on that circuit, its just a case then of finding where you can do it better.

• Upvote 2

I'm something like 60% complete on the circuit experience section. Broadly speaking I know what a good racing line looks like, I'm just not very consistent about hitting it corner after corner, lap after lap. And in general I think I'm only getting the first half of "slow in, fast out" right. :)

40 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

I'm something like 60% complete on the circuit experience settings. Broadly speaking I know what a good racing line looks like, I'm just not very consistent about hitting it corner after corner, lap after lap. And in general I think I'm only getting the first half of "slow in, fast out" right. :)

There's only one way to achieve this: loads and loads of experience :) (Which can be acquired with practice, and/or keep joining our online races of course!)

I remember being completely unable to string a good lap together consistently back in GT3 and 4, which slightly improved in the Forza 2 / 3 / 4 days (as I moved away from arcade racers a bit, too).

Only after getting a wheel and playing a lot of Project CARS and now GT Sport can I do several laps getting it somewhat right! (And then I'll still fail when we do a 20+ minutes race :ph34r:)

• Upvote 1

it was the GT Sport dailies and qualifying that helped me tremendously. Suddenly seeing how far off a quick lap you are by spying the top 10 times was an eye opener after I thought I'd been quick. You can download and watch the replays of the laps of the top 10 and see how much faster they are and what they're doing. 

That said, I've not got that close to their godly times but battling with Marsh we've gotten with a second or two occasionally. Next up is consistency! I've bottled the lead several times on a Monday night due to rank inconsistency. 

Genuinely this is one of my all time favourite racing games given how it's improved my lap times and overall enthusiasm for racing games. 

• Upvote 3

Like has been said, keep joining in on a Monday and you'll see yourself improve. I'm really not very good but I;ve seen a massive improvement from where I was back in November or whenever it was I started tagging along, I'd be lapped by everybody who was racing every week, sometimes even multiple times by the front runners, now I'm finishing on the same lap as the race winner and having some little battles of my own, plus have had two podiums in lower class cars

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, mexos said:

That was code for I've found half a second.

All it's got me thinking is that I need to radically change my approach to a lap. Which is annoying as it's now up to a full second....

13 hours ago, wev said:

Like has been said, keep joining in on a Monday and you'll see yourself improve. I'm really not very good but I;ve seen a massive improvement from where I was back in November or whenever it was I started tagging along, I'd be lapped by everybody who was racing every week, sometimes even multiple times by the front runners, now I'm finishing on the same lap as the race winner and having some little battles of my own, plus have had two podiums in lower class cars

Without wishing to appear  condescending or patronising , You are a completely different prospect these days. You’ve gone from Back marker to contender . 

• Upvote 3

It's a JDM-flavoured batch for sure :wub:

GTPlanet has worked we'll be getting the Honda S2000 and Mitsubishi GTO / 3000GT, while the rest is probably another Subaru Impreza WRX and an S13 Nissan Silvia - the middle one is still unknown.

Maserati bi turbo Ghibli circa 1990?

I did think the bottom right might have been an Aston Vantage Le Mans edition, but the rear wing would suggest otherwise.

23 minutes ago, marsh said:

I'll go with a P1 or RB5, but where's the bonnet scoop?

I'd go P1 because the spoiler looks like it's  an STI one, the RB5's had a standard spoiler

52 minutes ago, wev said:

Bottom right looks like an Colin McRae era Impreza? Or is that in the game already?

22B is already in the game.  Which was a 2.2litre GC8 impreza. (COlin McCrea era) - fun fact The Type UK 22B's are one of the rares cars in the world- They only built 16 of them (400 JDM cars).

The P1 was prodrives tuned UK Turbo 2000 (UK Turbo was the UK name for a WRX) - And it was also 2 door.

• Upvote 3

So we think we've got cars from Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru......which leaves Toyota missing, could it be some sort of obscure chaser??