rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:30 PM UK forum races!

9 minutes ago, fretnoise said:

The shot of the LMPs around Catalunya looks amazing - I believe the cool kids say "well jell" :)

The Group C's, yeah 8-) (Plus a sneaky Toyota TS030.)

PS_Messages_20190813_091954.thumb.jpg.17e7bdd9008e336915e46c3eb258735b.jpg

• Upvote 3

Gutted I missed out. We were at my other halves Grandfather's all day yesterday and by the time we got back and got the kids to bed all I wanted to do was veg on the sofa and not move. Will try and make sure I'm available next Monday, especially if we're gonna be doing more Mazda's!

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, wev said:

Gutted I missed out. We were at my other halves Grandfather's all day yesterday and by the time we got back and got the kids to bed all I wanted to do was veg on the sofa and not move. Will try and make sure I'm available next Monday, especially if we're gonna be doing more Mazda's!

Oh, I reckon we'll be doing a lot more Mazda's in the near future ;) Amazing little cars, so accessible yet they can still bite if you really push too far (as @PeteBrant and myself noticed at Brands).

Maybe we can even do a mini endurance race with them soon, say 15-20 laps with fuel and tyres. Reckon it will still be mighty close looking at last night's races!

Additionally, the BoP strangles the engine and weight a bit, so maybe we could try running it without BoP (and no upgrades, of course) to see how we like the extra power / less weight :)

Also, I won't be present next Monday due to Gamescom, but given the momentum of this happening I imagine Pete or @mexos would be happy to take over hosting duties.

Just now, McSpeed said:

Oh, I reckon we'll be doing a lot more Mazda's in the near future ;) Amazing little cars, so accessible yet they can still bite if you really push too far (as @PeteBrant and myself noticed at Brands).

Maybe we can even do a mini endurance race with them soon, say 15-20 laps with fuel and tyres. Reckon it will still be mighty close looking at last night's races!

Additionally, the BoP strangles the engine and weight a bit, so maybe we could try running it without BoP (and no upgrades, of course) to see how we like the extra power / less weight :)

Also, I won't be present next Monday due to Gamescom, but given the momentum of this happening I imagine Pete or @mexos would be happy to take over hosting duties.

If we have a single make race, for any marque, we should definitely look at turning off BOP (and relying on honesty for no upgrades)  - Just so we get cars as they are.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, McSpeed said:

The Group C's, yeah 8-) (Plus a sneaky Toyota TS030.)

If that's me it's actually a TS050, which makes coming last all the more embarrassing as it's objectively the winningest car in the field :lol:

I apparently don't have any Group C in my garage but the session settings allowed me to choose from that or the Porsche 919, in which I would have been equally slow. So that's what I went with.

I'll keep practising. :)

2 hours ago, fretnoise said:

Well if we’re doing pictures...

6F388DCE-DD2D-4351-929F-4DEF43609AE7.jpeg

I;m not sure how my comment that we needed to pick somewhere with long sweeping corners for those cars got translated into choosing the track with twistiest tightest corners. ;)

• Upvote 4

I've enjoyed racing that Mazda so much I went off looking to see what kind of cost is involved in racing one in the BRSCC....

The £6k for the car I can kind of live with, it's the £3 grand in race fee's that puts me off somewhat!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, marsh said:

I've enjoyed racing that Mazda so much I went off looking to see what kind of cost is involved in racing one in the BRSCC....

The £6k for the car I can kind of live with, it's the £3 grand in race fee's that puts me off somewhat!

Heh, MX-5's are featured in grassroots racing all over the world. Fantastic cars. I actually raced against an armada of 'm (and nearly got taken out by one!) at the wheel of a Volvo 360 (no Modena) around Zandvoort ^_^

1565703644086.jpg.c3e489f4922e8c0977fa98de97bbf2b2.jpg

There a new Mazda MX-5 Cup (featuring the current, facelifted model in fact) in the Benelux now, which I'm hoping to be a guest driver in at some point.

But say @marsh, didn't you have a lawnmower project to finish first? ;)

• Upvote 1

The mower is done.....dummy run on some kind of seat and pedal setup this weekend.

I know people that would chase you out of the country with flaming pitchforks for turning that volvo into a track slag.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, PeteBrant said:

I;m not sure how my comment that we needed to pick somewhere with long sweeping corners for those cars got translated into choosing the track with twistiest tightest corners

If you haven’t learned to ignore me by now then I have no sympathy.

i really like autopolis! I’m standing by that pick!

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, beenabadbunny said:

If that's me it's actually a TS050, which makes coming last all the more embarrassing as it's objectively the winningest car in the field :lol:

I apparently don't have any Group C in my garage but the session settings allowed me to choose from that or the Porsche 919, in which I would have been equally slow. So that's what I went with.

I'll keep practising. :)

But not as embarrassing as saying “winningest”

• Upvote 2

Picked up the recommended cars and am working my way through the missions. Going through all the single player stuff to get up to speed (low AI speed), its all a bit easy, except for the races on dirt in rally cars which I am rubbish at. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Throbin Hood said:

Picked up the recommended cars and am working my way through the missions. Going through all the single player stuff to get up to speed (low AI speed), its all a bit easy, except for the races on dirt in rally cars which I am rubbish at. 

Get yourself online in the sport mode daily races. Race A is a quite a nice one to start with with week, B is good fun once you get used to the track. Absolutely the best part of the game. If you don’t want to race just set qualifying times and as you can see on this thread we do a weekly leaderboard. 

• Upvote 1

Results for 911 Nurburgring Time Trial. I only managed to put 4 laps into it last night but fair play to the quick lads, that’s a cracking effort

B92C6A01-2D7D-4B4A-93D3-9239E6DF6EF8.thumb.jpeg.fbb822dda28fc33c0ab7eefafbab31f4.jpeg

• Upvote 1

My PSVR kit arrived yesterday.  Now, admittedly, the GT Sport VR mode is pretty limited - Time Trails or a 2/3 lap race against one pretty slow AI car, but oh my GOD what an experience.  The compression as you get to the bottom of Paddock Hill at Brands even though you know you're not actually feeling it, and the similar but opposite effect as you approach the 2nd hairpin at Lago Maggiore are something else.  And the scenery off to the side at Nurburgring!  It's astounding!

Edit - one of the best bits was sticking the headset on my wife (very rarely a gamer, and never a racer) whilst I kept hold of the controller and did a couple of laps of Goodwood.  There were actual squeals!

/gush

PS @Junker I think you're missing @Darwock from your list too (I only know cos he's a few seconds quicker than me round the 'ring and was my target :) )

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Junker said:

Results for 911 Nurburgring Time Trial. I only managed to put 4 laps into it last night but fair play to the quick lads, that’s a cracking effort

B92C6A01-2D7D-4B4A-93D3-9239E6DF6EF8.thumb.jpeg.fbb822dda28fc33c0ab7eefafbab31f4.jpeg

Much obliged for picking these up @Junker

I despise the ring, and had a 8.20 as an optimum, but there was no way on earth I was going to manage it. A sub 8 minute lap got first place, which is insane. I was around 1500 in the world which I may have to get scratched onto my tombstone!

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, fretnoise said:

My PSVR kit arrived yesterday.  Now, admittedly, the GT Sport VR mode is pretty limited - Time Trails or a 2/3 lap race against one pretty slow AI car, but oh my GOD what an experience.  The compression as you get to the bottom of Paddock Hill at Brands even though you know you're not actually feeling it, and the similar but opposite effect as you approach the 2nd hairpin at Lago Maggiore are something else.  And the scenery off to the side at Nurburgring!  It's astounding!

Edit - one of the best bits was sticking the headset on my wife (very rarely a gamer, and never a racer) whilst I kept hold of the controller and did a couple of laps of Goodwood.  There were actual squeals!

/gush

I think what you meant to say was "it's rubbish and @beenabadbunny definitely shouldn't buy one." :quote:

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, fretnoise said:

PS @Junker I think you're missing @Darwock from your list too (I only know cos he's a few seconds quicker than me round the 'ring and was my target :) )

He is, and he isn't...

I play Gran Turismo Sport on my main account - Darwock - which is what you and a few others (Joe_McSpeed etc) are friended with. However that's a Japanese account, so when you guys started time trialling on the daily race qualifying, my times were not included in the fun.

So I enlisted my UK alt account - Darwock UK - by befriending Junker and marsh, as they were the ones posting the leaderboards. Then Polyphony launched this global time trial mode, with which I took part on my proper account. So I'm missing from that screenshot.

I guess I have to commit to one or the other :/

It's a stupid faff in this day and age. They should have had global leaderboards from the beginning.

• Upvote 1

On 09/08/2019 at 20:45, marsh said:

:eyebrows:

67723860_10156751187777979_7646160707464986624_o.jpg

@marsh are all these “friends” rllmuk “friends”?

if so I’ll go through my “friends” list and add any I’m missing so when I post a leaderboard I don’t miss anyone

3 hours ago, Junker said:

@marsh are all these “friends” rllmuk “friends”?

if so I’ll go through my “friends” list and add any I’m missing so when I post a leaderboard I don’t miss anyone

Aye, mirror that and it should be bob on.

I've just landed a cheap copy for my boy to play, he should be joining us shortly...

• Upvote 2