rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:00 PM UK forum races!

4 hours ago, morcs said:

Just tried the Atenza and within 3 laps took 0.8s off the Corvette time I’ve been working on all week :doh:

It’s a horrible turbo buzz box and I miss my Vette but it’s put me back in B class

Yeah it’s pretty quick round here, used to be a nightmare to get the power down out of slower corners, seems lots easier since the physics update

• Upvote 1

The GT-R isn't as outright fast but it's a monster on the straights which makes for some good tactical battles with the Atenzas, really enjoyed this Interlagos/Gr3 Combo :)

• Upvote 1

Online forumites & friends racing again tonight, starting at 8PM UK time :)

Bring your favourite pre-2013 Gr. 3 car, any of these are eligible:

Aston Martin DBR9 GT1
Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
BMW M3 GT
BMW Z4 GT3
Ferrari 458 Italia GT3
Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
McLaren F1 GTR - BMW
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
Nissan GT-R GT3 N24 Schulze

• Upvote 2

And finally the Race C leaderboard. 17 entries which is the most I can remember. Headed by Nobloski who posted the 250th fastest time in EMEA region. Amazing.

0376C13A-C807-44F5-A605-44FE2BB1DAAE.jpeg

• Upvote 3

Good stuff guys. Let us never speak of oval racing and my hosting duties ever again....

:lol:

• Upvote 6

14 hours ago, Junker said:

And finally the Race C leaderboard. 17 entries which is the most I can remember. Headed by Nobloski who posted the 250th fastest time in EMEA region. Amazing.

0376C13A-C807-44F5-A605-44FE2BB1DAAE.jpeg

I'm kind of more proud of my 1:32.8 in the 'vette but I gave in and joined the Atenza enemy in the end

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, marsh said:

Good stuff guys. Let us never speak of oval racing and my hosting duties ever again....

:lol:

A little confusion always spices things up a bit :D

Strong slipstream is amazing, especially in the karts (which is how that guy was getting lap times of 56s I reckon - no way he was just that fast ;))

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fretnoise said:

Strong slipstream is amazing, especially in the karts (which is how that guy was getting lap times of 56s I reckon - no way he was just that fast ;))

The flipside is that once you get separated from the cars in front, you keep falling further and further back!

• Upvote 2

@McSpeed once again thanks for hosting and bringing together so many Lockdown racers! I need to up my game  though, too many mistakes. took too long to 'warm up'. Hate the rain as well but always end up enjoying Monday nights regardless! 

For the 80th time this year, I'm pricing up fanatec stuff and then telling myself it won't make you as fast as Noble!

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

The flipside is that once you get separated from the cars in front, you keep falling further and further back!

Yeah - good point.  The Canadian guy went past me in the kart and quickly pulled out a 1.5s gap and then that was that.

The rolling start at Spa is hilarous. The first 4 or so cars start on the straight, the next few are right in the middle of the bus stop so have a massive disadvantage. In one race the auto drive was "warming the tyres" and started with me pointing straight off the track. I ended up getting reset and 20 seconds behind last place :facepalm:

31 minutes ago, morcs said:

The rolling start at Spa is hilarous. The first 4 or so cars start on the straight, the next few are right in the middle of the bus stop so have a massive disadvantage. In one race the auto drive was "warming the tyres" and started with me pointing straight off the track. I ended up getting reset and 20 seconds behind last place :facepalm:

yeah even when you start in the front 2, the distance between cars after turn 1 is often enough to break slipstream and make for some boring races. Defo needs a grid start. Maximum carnage would be preferable!

Has the new mazda gr3 resulted in another sizeable download?

Contemplating slumming it in the dailies but if I've got to do an update, I'm not sure I can be bothered to donit tonight.

It’s only a 350mb download but the install takes ages. It also removes the Tag Heuer sponsorship.

• Upvote 1

Had a quick couple laps on the Spa leaderboard today. Is there a best car to use for that? Is it all about straight line speed? I normally bring out the 911 but it's so tail happy. 

Also, please feel free to add me to your friends list (I need more friends, so alone etc.). Would like to compare times and intend to try and make a Monday night race at some point in the near future! 

• Upvote 3

The R8 is pretty good but I’d say the 911 is more stable

9 minutes ago, T4RG4 said:

Had a quick couple laps on the Spa leaderboard today. Is there a best car to use for that? Is it all about straight line speed? I normally bring out the 911 but it's so tail happy. 

Also, please feel free to add me to your friends list (I need more friends, so alone etc.). Would like to compare times and intend to try and make a Monday night race at some point in the near future! 

What’s your PS4 username? T4RG4?

52 minutes ago, ryodi said:

It’s only a 350mb download but the install takes ages. It also removes the Tag Heuer sponsorship.

Ugh, download tonight for a dabble tomorrow.

51 minutes ago, morcs said:

What’s your PS4 username? T4RG4?

T4RG4_77

Blimey, many participants in t he Spa TT. I'll do well to hold on to 4th place looking at some of the names behind me.

Fastest times still Huracan? I tried it but it’s  horrible :lol: 

There’s a good mix in the races

The number of times I’ve pirouetted out of la source perfectly into the pit exit and crashed into the wall right in front of the photographer there :lol:

I’ve only got 8 players as friends in the Spa TT. Feel free to add me - Count_Buffalos. 

I’m ryodi on PSN if anyone wants an easily beatable time on their leaderboard.

On 22/05/2020 at 23:01, T4RG4 said:

T4RG4_77

6 hours ago, ryodi said:

I’m ryodi on PSN if anyone wants an easily beatable time on their leaderboard.

added you guys, i'm a bit sparodic in taking part but just had a go of the spa time trial, 2nd to last but it was great fun, need to take part more often :)

anyone feel free to add me too: spatular--   with the two minuses at the end.

• Upvote 1

Online forumites and friends racing again tonight, as per usual starting at 8PM UK :)

Bring your go-karts as we'll be trying those first. Some people here have already found those to be quite fun, so could be interesting!

Also, get your Mazda Roadster Touring Cars in order too!

• Upvote 1