rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport - Mondays 8:00 PM UK forum races!

Nice to see a friendly face in the dailies last night, @morcs :)  Pretty scruffy race though. I got taken out (and given a penalty for good measure) by one of the randoms at the hairpin, and then I’m afraid the red mist kind of descended...

• Upvote 2

That race was carnage for me too :lol: 

This combo is doing my head in. It’s taken me hours and hours of doing lap after lap unable to get near the time I set very early on. The races are very scrappy like you say too. I think there are a lot of places where a good run can get you alongside but into a corner where 2 into 1 won’t go meaning you both lose several places to the pack behind

• Upvote 1

Hey, my kids were watching Camp Rock so to take my mind off the horror I started messing about with the logo editor. I found the RLLMUK logo and uploaded a simple vector graphic version. If you look on my profile in game you will see it and you can download it. 
Might do one for “ Monday Night Race Club” next .....

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Junker said:

Hey, my kids were watching Camp Rock so to take my mind off the horror I started messing about with the logo editor. I found the RLLMUK logo and uploaded a simple vector graphic version. If you look on my profile in game you will see it and you can download it. 

Are you doing the daily Race leaderboards? I couldn’t get anywhere near pimplicious on race B

20 hours ago, GwiDan said:

Race C is where it’s at. 

Race C was the Super Formula at Laguna Seca, right?

Was I doing something wrong, or was the stipulation really that you had to qualify with full wets even though the track was bone dry?

Then the actual race was on slicks (Racing Medium or Racing Hard)?

I don't understand the wets thing at all.

This week's races look nice.

A - Mitsi GTO at Willow Springs

B - Grp 4 at Red Bull Ring

C - Grp 3 at Interlagos (with pit strats)

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Junker said:

My F40 for tonight is already kitted out with your rllmuk logo 8-)

18 minutes ago, morcs said:

Yeah, 3 decent tracks there.  Interlagos seems to get a lot of hate because it has overly strict track limits and it can turn into a bit of a wreckfest session, especially at "Hamilton-Albon" corner, but you can have decent races :) 

@McSpeed has said tonight's tracks are going to be of the Mediterranean persuasion.  I think there are only 5 or 6 of those depending on how you define "Mediterranean", and we did one of them last week...

Monza, Lago Maggiore, Sardinia... what else? Catalonia?

I did a few practice laps at Monza in the F40. I love it but man, those brakes! You have to start braking about half a kilometre* before the chicane.

* exaggeration... but not hugely.

I counted Catalunya and Dragon Trail too (admittedly that's a bit of a stretch).

Saint-Croix would count too I think, but if we had to drive that again I reckon people would flout the lockdown rules to go and give Joe a bit of a slap... :)

• Upvote 1

Yes, online forum racing again tonight starting at 8PM UK time as per usual :)

Bring your Ferrari F40 in a nice livery. BoP will be locked and tuning prohibited.

14 hours ago, Junker said:

Nice! I'll have a look at this logo tonight!

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

Bring your Ferrari F40 in a nice livery. BoP will be locked and tuning prohibited

Nice! I am assuming its tail happy? No TC for the win.

30 minutes ago, fretnoise said:

Saint-Croix would count too I think

bOno jOe pLs. :lol:

Should be massive lag and boost as well.

Ok, everyone needs to bring their A game for liveries tonight as I’ve created a masterpiece 8-) with a Mediterranean theme

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Junker said:

Ok, everyone needs to bring their A game for liveries tonight as I’ve created a masterpiece 8-) with a Mediterranean theme

is it the Italian family puppets, from the dolmio adverts?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SeanR said:

is it the Italian family puppets, from the dolmio adverts?

Damn! That’s a good idea, no mine is a bit more retro 

Logo picked, car's an arsehole.

Dailies are a bit more of a treat this week, Gr4's at Redbull ring or GR3's at Interlagos for me I think. Even the TT is a bit more on form, the Aston GT1 at the GP ring circuit.

• Upvote 1

I might go for Interlagos as I've been watching Super GT vids and I like how the races with pit strats turn out.

Also presumably the longer race should allow more time to not have everything ruined at T1?

I had someone in a daily race praise me for my clean driving last night :wub: Then I did another race and accidentally punted someone :doh:

1 hour ago, Junker said:

I've gone for quick and obvious, with the addition of your rllmuk badge.  You may not be able to make much of it out in your rear view mirror anyway...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, morcs said:

No real strats in Race C for me. Even in the thirsty Mustang no fuel saving was needed to get to the end and tyre wear was minimal.

1 hour ago, ryodi said:

No real strats in Race C for me. Even in the thirsty Mustang no fuel saving was needed to get to the end and tyre wear was minimal.

That's a shame.  They need to get Joe on the case with some mad fuel and tyre wear multipliers.  Who needs more than one lap of fuel anyway!?

• Upvote 1

It’s one of the things that annoys me most about GT Sport. Race C should always require a pit strategy due to its length and half the time it does but this time the settings they’ve chosen mean it isn’t required. Hard tyres only when there’s no tyre wear is annoying as well.

Does Race C not mandate a tyre change?

6 hours ago, beenabadbunny said:

Race C was the Super Formula at Laguna Seca, right?

Was I doing something wrong, or was the stipulation really that you had to qualify with full wets even though the track was bone dry?

Then the actual race was on slicks (Racing Medium or Racing Hard)?

I don't understand the wets thing at all.

That’s definitely not right, there was no need to use wets, the choice was hard or medium. Make sure you check car settings before the session. Also, sometimes, such as that race there are race stipulations which you’ll see on the details screen - here it was mandatory to run hard tyres at some point. 

Not wets in the race, no. But I'm certain it absolutely would not let me attempt to qualify with anything other than wets on the car. To the point where it wouldn't let me enter quali until I'd changed to wets. Racing: Heavy Wet, it said.

I mean, ultimately it doesn't matter at all, I just thought it was weird.

Hreat stuff tonight, livery overload, ring in the f40 was insane.

Apologies to @Batmobile for my somewhat agricultural and elbows out approach to my driving, certainly in the second and third races!

• Upvote 3

Had a crack at Gr3 Interlagos. I love it! Shame you don’t need to pit yeah, they messed that up. Went from Z4 to Corvette and went 0.5s faster, which is good as the Vette is one of the coolest GT3 cars :) I think it was like an 8 litre or something though so maybe it will need to pit.

• Upvote 2

My first monday night off in ages, just no energy to do anything in the evening. Hopefully i can make a return before the end of the summer. 

@morcs, did you check out the TT options ? Might ease (or increase) the pain of waiting for the real thing !