Sign in to follow this  
JohnC

Creed 2

Aye, Creed was bloody good. Creed v Drago Jr sequel... yeah, sure, think there's enough goodwill towards the Rocky franchise for that to be just fine.

After IV, thought there was no chance Rocky would get back to the soul of the first film, but both Balboa and Creed had some really heartfelt, tender moments. Creed even managed to have some boxing that wasn't complete pish!

• Upvote 2

In Creed despite constantly referencing Apollo and his death they go out of their way never to reference the specifics. Probably because Creed is quite a serious film and his dad was killed by a giant Soviet cartoon character and then Rocky single handedly ended the Cold War in retaliation. So bit surprising they're shining a spotlight on it in the sequel.

• Upvote 1

Creed really would have been a perfect end, but so would have Balboa before it I suppose.

I just don't want to see Rocky die, man. :(

1 hour ago, NEG said:

Creed really would have been a perfect end, but so would have Balboa before it I suppose.

I just don't want to see Rocky die, man. :(

Don't watch Creed 2 then.

Great, thanks Despin. The actual film is gonna be proper shite now compared to that. 

Watching a funeral procession through those same streets of Philly that I grew up with Rocky on might well finish me off. 

I reckon that Rocky means more to me than any fictional character in terms of who inspired me and taught me right from wrong and gave me someone to root for when I was a kid.  More than James Bond, more than Batman or Superman and more Luke Skywalker, maybe even 

more than John Matrix.

Watching him die would be fucking agonising. 

• Upvote 2

What? Creed Jr fighting Drago Jr?? That’s not a joke?

Sweet Jesus, and it was going so well.

They could get Bruno Mars doing Uptown Funk to fill in for James Brown as well.

• Upvote 2

That trailer is amazing.  The first was a total gem.  Fucking hell.  They are going to pull this off.  The family, the danger and risk. The risk of it all.

• Upvote 3

Looks good?! Hmmmm, looks good. That is like saying Zinedine Zidane wasn't a bad player!

This looks fucking incredible. I almost shouted at the screen a couple of times completely forgetting myself. Cant wait!

13 hours ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

Well? What's the verdict???

It's the same as the first one, but with more nostalgia due to the Drago connection, but maybe a slightly worse film over all.  Still fucking awesome, though.

• Upvote 1

Didn't enjoy it as much as the first Creed or Rocky Balboa.  Seemed very slow in the middle.  Not enough 'GETTING STRONG NOW!' and while the end fight was really good as you'd expect, I ended up rooting for Drago to win.  I thought not enough was made of Drago and his old man - maybe because of that.

Sly though was *brilliant* in it.

I listened to the slashfilmcast about this last night. Wow. If you want to hear a director (Joseph Khan, director of Detention) go off on one about the state of American filmmaking in general, how 'shit' Creed 2 is specifically, lambast anyone who likes it and basically call one of the hosts (the only white guy) a massive racist for liking it, well, its the podcast for you! 

https://www.slashfilm.com/filmcast-ep-495-creed-ii-guest-joseph-kahn-director-of-bodied/