rllmuk
deKay

SNES Mini

Ordered this morning - being awake before 6am finally pays off - and got a confirmation email. Phew! 

The Tesco page says if the price is lower when it comes out they'll refund the difference. 

I had to repeatedly refresh the page to get the order to go through. Seems it was all a bit pot luck. 

I had the same last night Popo. I've had this happen twice with Tesco now, so I sent them a customer service email to see if that gets me anywhere. Probably not.

Just managed to get one from Tesco. :)

Hopefully won't get cancelled via email others have.....

Edit: Balls!! Just cancelled!

Edited by starls

10 hours ago, Alex W. said:

This is now officially a fuckfest. 

Now? C'mon, that's being generous. It became a fuckfest when UK pre-orders went up randomly causing a panic and became a bigger fuckfest when it became clear US pre-orders didn't open at the same time (and still haven't).

It's bordering on a total fuckfest at this point due to the order cancellations and it's only July. Still got 12 weeks to go. It only becomes a complete fuckfest if Nintendo can't fill the demand in the 3 whole months of October to December that this Mini-SNES is supposed to be on sale for.

Wonder how many they'll actually be able to make?

If the Mini-NES console was 2.3 million total shipped, are we looking at 5 million+ Mini SNES consoles or is that way too optimistic?

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately the pre order cancellations make things even worse as that encourages people to have multiple pre orders (it's why I do, just in case). There may be a lot of spare Snes Mini's kicking around come launch day but somehow I doubt it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Danster said:

Argos have stock... go go go!

36 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

I got one!!! Thank you. :D

31 minutes ago, BoggyB said:

Got one. : D We'll see if it gets cancelled I suppose. 

Do you guys know if Argos charge now, or nearer dispatch?

Don't want to go through the fuss if they cancel and have already taken the money!

4 minutes ago, sprite said:

Don't want to go through the fuss if they cancel and have already taken the money!

I paid by Paypal and it is currently "Pending" on my account, if that helps?

Just now, Danster said:

I paid by Paypal and it is currently "Pending" on my account, if that helps?

Thanks Danster.  Decided to take the plunge; this is why they invented MasterCard, right?

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, sprite said:

They charge on order, I was one of the previous wave of Argos orders and they've taken mine.

1 hour ago, sprite said:

This could be genuine stock!

I hope so! I only checked rllmuk this morning because of a last minute emergency piss before going to work. 

If the order goes through it'll be like a fairy tale.

18 minutes ago, BoggyB said:

I hope so! I only checked rllmuk this morning because of a last minute emergency piss before going to work. 

If the order goes through it'll be like a fairy tale.

I didn't even want one of these until Danster said stock was available, then all of a sudden it became a thing I MUST HAVE.  I'm supposed to be saving money.  I look at this as an investment. 

I hate this place.

(I love this place).

• Upvote 6

I really reckon that stock will be much easier to come by than the Nes Mini.  I fully expect these to be available to buy in shops in the run up to Christmas although since they are only making a limited quality they will eventually dry up like the Nes Mini. 

• Upvote 1

Probably yeah.  Nintendo area really kings of the hype train though.  All of this (and the Switch) has got people talking about them all the time again.

23 minutes ago, Charles said:

I really reckon that stock will be much easier to come by than the Nes Mini.  I fully expect these to be available to buy in shops in the run up to Christmas although since they are only making a limited quality they will eventually dry up like the Nes Mini. 

I think the hype will remain though. They'll sell out quick in store too.  People have learnt from the NES Mini. If you want one get one quick or they'll go.  Even if you don't really think you need one, get one quick as they seem to be r@re!!!111

30 minutes ago, Charles said:

I fully expect these to be available to buy in shops in the run up to Christmas...

Oh, poor sweet Charles. Such optimism.

• Upvote 4