deKay

SNES Mini

Yeah, I'm sure they'll shift easily. It was more wondering whether we can do it in a more orderly (fair?) way than putting in the trading folder. 

I got lucky with when I checked Discussion and saw this thread. If I've checked 30 mins later and missed out I'd have been gutted. Same applies with the trading folder.  

Saying that, I've just managed to preorder with ShopTo, seems they are still taking them (at £85 though, hopefully that comes down!). Worth a shot if you're still looking.

Many Nintendo fans all over the world, unfortunately, missed out purchasing the brilliant NES Classic Edition. This was mostly due to stock shortages that were experienced from launch right through to when Nintendo discontinued production. It would seem as Nintendo have taken this on board and they will be shipping more units of the Super NES Classic Edition.

A statement provided to IGN by a Nintendo representative explains that Nintendo:

“will produce significantly more units of Super NES Classic Edition than we did of NES Classic Edition”.

This will be great news for everyone, however, it’s worth noting that Nintendo will only be producing the console for a limited time and the company declined to provide specific numbers.

In another statement to IGN, Nintendo stated:

“Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition is currently planned to ship from Sept. 29 until the end of calendar year 2017. At this time, we have nothing to announce regarding any possible shipments beyond this year,”.

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/26/nintendo-plans-on-shipping-significantly-more-super-nes-classic-edition-units-than-the-nes-classic-edition/

I'm going to keep my 3 preorders in place but I don't expect them all to be fulfilled. 

If I end up with three I'm definitely keeping one for myself and one might be going to my brother who was unable to get a preorder. The third I'm thinking about reselling like a scalping wee cunt (if there's a demand for it) but only so I can then buy the NES Mini from another scalping wee cunt because I missed out on that. 

• Downvote 5

Gutted to have missed out on Amazon... have much more faith in them fulfilling the order than GAME.

Just so long as I get one this side of Xmas I'll be happy.

You fuckers with your 19 preorders. That's why the rest of us can't get one. I go to play a game for less than an hour and amazon start preorders and then run out. Sounds like Nintendo are following the usual playbook.

• Upvote 9

Trying to preorder one of these off Game. Their website has fallen over, can't sign in or put one in the basket. Been waiting 30mins to speak to someone on the phone, lol.

I was bloody reading this thread from the start while I should have been pre-ordering!

Gutted I missed out, if anyone gets an unwanted pre-order let me know!

Well that was exciting.  Now I have a Shopto account and nothing to order from them.  FIngers crossed for more stock being manufactured...  Did they do that with the NES mini?

got my Amazon pre order in. Looking at the Pal game list I see the put Contra 3, rather than Super Probotector. I reckon we're getting ntsc roms on this.

I.e. 60Hz Metroid*

*not sure I like super Metroid. Struggling to get into it on my nes mini.

I went with Smyths but click and collect only available. 

I've had a confirmation email, Is this actually worth a thing or am I in for the usual crushing disappointment??

Looking on gaf (they're going bonkers over there) a lot of them have been ordering from UK stores to grab a pre-order and because of the nicer Euro models. Given that, it's no wonder it's chaos. It would have been regardless of course, but y'know, with them lot involved it got a whole lot worse.

So Contra 3 is Super Probotector?

And Final Fantasy 3 is Final Fantasy VI?

I don't think I ever played Earthbound, Secret of Mana or completed Super Metroid or Super Castlevania.

Just now, gizmo1990 said:

Looking on gaf (they're going bonkers over there) a lot of them have been ordering from UK stores to grab a pre-order and because of the nicer Euro models. Given that, it's no wonder it's chaos. It would have been regardless of course, but y'know, with them lot involved it got a whole lot worse.

It's the idiots over there saying things like "The preorders were up for ages. You had plenty of time to get one" and talking about how happy they are to hear the salt that really wind me up. I'm surprised the mods let them get away with stirring up the thread given how agressively modded that place normally is.

Ah well.

• Upvote 1

I was about to cancel one of my two (preferred Amazon, but grabbed GAME in case I missed out). 

I will save it now and offer it here for cost (or trade for a 3DS or something)

Not putting it back in the wild for twats like those at NeoGaf (or HUKD) to mop up. 

• Upvote 5

Just now, Azrael said:

Do Game and Smyths deliver to the US? 

Send to a service in the UK which then ships to the US. 

You can do the same the other way too. 

4 minutes ago, bradigor said:

I was about to cancel one of my two (preferred Amazon, but grabbed GAME in case I missed out). 

I will save it now and offer it here for cost (or trade for a 3DS or something)

Not putting it back in the wild for twats like those at NeoGaf (or HUKD) to mop up. 

Ill take that mate!

Edit- Ill make a small donation to the forum as well, as a pay it forward gesture.