deKay

SNES Mini

21 hours ago, sexton_hardcastle said:

In more anecdotal evidence, the vast majority of kids at my school (amongst other friends) all had NES's. The branding seemed to be everywhere and the prominence in the CVG magazines of the day was certainly very high. The country went on lockdown when Super Mario Bros.3 was being released! I always find it very strange when I continually read on here that the NES was a non-entity back in the day

Quite. The NES was pretty popular around the same time as the Amiga, late 80s early 90s. Most people were convinced back then that Bionic Commando was the best thing ever. 

3 hours ago, jonny_rat said:

I purposefully ignored this when it was announced because I knew it was going to be so tricky to get hold of, which was.. counterproductive, in retrospect. However picking up the new/old Super Play has made me really want one: is there anywhere I should keep an eye on for possible stock coming in, or extra pre-orders coming available? Long shot I know..

Keep yer eye on this:

https://m.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-super-nintendo-entertainment-system-snes

In stock at Smyths right now seemingly!!!!1

I managed to snag pre-orders way back at both Amazon and Nintendo. I was just weighing up which to cancel, but instead I thought I would ask if anyone in Milton Keynes (or near enough to travel) that wants to take one of them at cost price?

• Upvote 9

Got this text today 

Your debit or ATM card for account ending 436 is due to expire. A replacement will be despatched within 24 hours. Please contact us with any queries.

My Pre-order(s)! 

I better still be able to get this. 

Oh look, Nintendo is able to manufacture more than one product at the same time. :coffee:

Well, I assume it is still manufacturing the Switch and hasn't mothballed that hardware to focus on the Nes Mini....

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, jimmbob said:

SNES minis for everyone! And with that I'm sure all those with 14 preorders have rushed off to cancel 13 of them...

I've got two in place, just to make sure I got one.  If both come off I think a friend wants the spare, if not it will be offered on here at cost price. 

• Upvote 1

If I can get one in the new year, I don't give a stuff about christmas. I have to say this makes a lot of people who defended Nintendo's low supply strategy in this thread look pretty silly,

At least they have come out and said "Hey, we can make a shit ton of money off this by just making more of them". Hope the scalpers enjoy their extra consoles.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alex W. said:

But that's impossible, Nintendo were artificially making very few of them because they're satan. 

I thought they were artificially making less of them as a clever strategy to promote the Switch and make sure production of those stayed up?

15 hours ago, DirkCrisis said:

And then elder forum scalper, mwaam will have to do battle with the young pretender, probotector to secure the 10 available N64 mini units.

2 men enter, one man leaves.

Then later the other man leaves holding a carrier bag containing an N64 Mini.

• Upvote 3