deKay

SNES Mini

13 minutes ago, Fieldini said:

Managed to get a preorder at smyths. Seems like it keeps popping into stock, worth a refresh or two.

Cheers, Smyths backup done. Don't trust that late Game preorder at all.

7 minutes ago, Clipper said:

My local smyths was listed as soldout at 9am and I checked just now and yes back in stock so preorder in!

I am guessing the individual stores have been given more allocation this morning?

You little ripper!

Norwich has just got a Smyths and PRE ORDER GET!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bastion said:

What games is the SNES Mini missing?

Only a couple for me: The Chaos Engine, and Plok obviously. Otherwise all good.

Inexplicably, nobody has mentioned Unirally yet. So, Unirally. Unirally is missing. 

1 hour ago, gizmo1990 said:

Man, where's the love for shooters? Everyone's mentioning their favourite title/genre which is missing and not one mention of a shumup. Looked at that way I guess Nintendo made the right choice. Which makes me sad!! :( I only wanted one Nintendo, jeez!

I do sympathise, but of all the 16-bits it is surely the weakest for shmups so I can sort of understand the exclusion.

Now, an equivalent Mega Drive or PC Engine Mini without shmups? Unthinkable!

(on a directly related note, if anyone would like to make a good quality Mega Drive or PC Engine Mini I would be all over that shit)

Still haven't managed to snag one. Sat for ages last night trying to get on Games website. Looking around the internet it's rather annoying at how many americans snagged Game ones, and more annoyingly still, want to keep their order so they have one of each design :/

4 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Inexplicably, nobody has mentioned Unirally yet. So, Unirally. Unirally is missing. 

I do sympathise, but of all the 16-bits it is surely the weakest for shmups so I can sort of understand the exclusion.

Now, an equivalent Mega Drive or PC Engine Mini without shmups? Unthinkable!

(on a directly related note, if anyone would like to make a good quality Mega Drive or PC Engine Mini I would be all over that shit)

Unirally was listed on page 2 as missing, I shed a tear when it was mentioned. 

• Upvote 1

I'm super pleased to have ordered one of these last night as it was my first, and still my favourite, proper console  but, really, I'd much rather have all these games running through VC on the Switch.

27 minutes ago, Fieldini said:

Managed to get a preorder at smyths. Seems like it keeps popping into stock, worth a refresh or two.

YOU BEAUTY! Tried again and reserved at store! YESSSSSSSS <3

+1 +1 +1 +1

Sounds like Smyths have cancelled a load of spammy and international orders, and profitably upped the price in the meantime.

Cheers Smyths and then person who mentioned they're back in stock!

2 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I'm super pleased to have ordered one of these last night as it was my first, and still my favourite, proper console  but, really, I'd much rather have all these games running through VC on the Switch.

Don't worry, Nintendo will be selling them to us again via the Switch VC next year.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, revlob said:

Smyths is now listing the price as £79.99. To be honest, I'm surprised they're not selling them for twice that.

Amazing. I got one at £69.99. Must have been just before the price went up, minutes ago!

4 minutes ago, revlob said:

Smyths is now listing the price as £79.99. To be honest, I'm surprised they're not selling them for twice that.

So it is!!

Maybe all the ones that people are getting now are peoples £69.99 ones that they've cancelled :blink:.

Did anyone manage to register their interest on the Nintendo store site? it's not working for me. 

6 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Unirally was listed on page 2 as missing, I shed a tear when it was mentioned. 

Ah, I did skip the first few pages last night, sorry! I just noticed the distinct lack of its mention since that question was pipped. 

Are Smyth's likely to bump up the price for the orders that ducked in before they changed it or can they not do that? Not that I'd do anything but grumble and accept it.

I'd have loved to see Super Turrican on this. And demons crest maybe. Aside from that I'm happy with the line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

36 minutes ago, Fieldini said:

Thank you!  Got one from my nearest store.

Edit: And lucky to get it at 69.99 it seems!

Has anyone mentioned that these things are a complete bargain?

Official SNES Wii pads were selling for £50+ alone on theBay and it looks like this thing comes with a pair of them.. ;)

I kinda want a US one..

• Upvote 2

Oh my, just had a cancelled pre order mail from Smyths.

No specific reason given.

If this isn't just mine then I sense a major shit storm coming. 

Smyths guys! i don't know if my order glitched but it showed quantity as 2 (i want one to give to my nieces as a present) but i don't know what will happen when i go to collect.

"Sorry, you can only have one type of BS".

Amazing set of games and probably covers all I need from that era. Only minor niggle is that it's missing UN Squadon, but I guess that could be classed as a bit more of a niche title.

Just now, womble9 said:

Oh my, just had a cancelled pre order mail from Smyths.

No specific reason given.

If this isn't just mine then I sense a major shit storm coming. 

Perhaps because they were a tenner cheaper than everywhere else?  I have one preordered with them too :(