Jump to content
deKay

SNES Mini

Recommended Posts

Anyone considering the Hori 6 button fight pad for this as sold by Argos may want to reconsider.

 

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7455407

 

This had serious issues establishing a connection for me  (though my mini was set up next to my wireless router). Not only that - it was less than responsive on the diagonals. I found executing endless fireballs far more accurate on the stock pad. Not worth the £30 being asked in my opinion. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Majora said:

F-Zero doesn't really hold up, it's been bettered so comprehensively by its sequels in every single way and the visuals were making my eyes hurt too. 

 

The masochistic twitch fest that was GX is an abomination compared to this masterpiece. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all but one. Like I said, I might just mod one and keep another "pure"

 

 

I say pure, I mean MISB, RAER, BNIB, ***LOOK*** £150!!! obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Managed to get a pre order in on smyths before they hiked the price a while back.

 

I did it on a collect from local store but still stuck at processing stage from last week.  Anyone else in the same boat? Can you just go and collect or do you have to wait for the txt/email?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

 

The masochistic twitch fest that was GX is an abomination compared to this masterpiece. 

 

I was mostly a fan of X to be honest, GX tilted too far towards masochistic difficulty as you say. I'd still definitely take GX over this though. Once you've had ridiculous tilts and loops and half pipes at eye watering speed it's hard to go back to such flat courses and ugly visuals. Yeah, unfair technical comparison but it's just not a game I can see myself putting any time into whereas other games are just as good as ever. SMW is still just brilliant, albeit shamefully harder than I recall. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hodge said:

Managed to get a pre order in on smyths before they hiked the price a while back.

 

I did it on a collect from local store but still stuck at processing stage from last week.  Anyone else in the same boat? Can you just go and collect or do you have to wait for the txt/email?

 

Check your spam folder. My email went there, with no change to the "In Process" status on the site.

 

Bear in mind though that it's past the 2 days they'll hold it for, so you may have lost it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

 

Check your spam folder. My email went there, with no change to the "In Process" status on the site.

 

Bear in mind though that it's past the 2 days they'll hold it for, so you may have lost it.

You was spot on. It was in spam. Just phoned them and said system has been down all weekend so alot of people arent getting any txt/emails and was told to hold them all. Gonna collect now. Many thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I was doing it wrong back in the day, but I remember the only boss tactic that worked for me in SoM was to spam magic at them until they died. Anything involving them being able to move around the screen and me trying to hit them with a weapon turned out disastrously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hodge said:

You was spot on. It was in spam. Just phoned them and said system has been down all weekend so alot of people arent getting any txt/emails and was told to hold them all. Gonna collect now. Many thanks

 

Hopefully, i just found m,y email in Junk.  Called the store a few times but no answer and probably wont get to it until tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, fattakin said:

 

Hopefully, i just found m,y email in Junk.  Called the store a few times but no answer and probably wont get to it until tomorrow. 

You will be fine. Just collected mine now no probs. Guy said head office told them to hold them all until collected due to system error.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, fattakin said:

 

Hopefully, i just found m,y email in Junk.  Called the store a few times but no answer and probably wont get to it until tomorrow. 

 

what a stroke of luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

 

Have you not even done the thing where you hold them both out and spin around?

 

I have done that and it's just beautiful.  I never occured to me where the second weapon fire came from.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hodge said:

Managed to get a pre order in on smyths before they hiked the price a while back.

 

I did it on a collect from local store but still stuck at processing stage from last week.  Anyone else in the same boat? Can you just go and collect or do you have to wait for the txt/email?

 

Yeah mine was the same, they said their system was down with FIFA coming out in the same day. It was fine to collect it with just the pre-order number. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just downed the Lava Giant in SoM, had to do much grinding of that dungeon until I had the little sprites magic at level 2. Rope exit at the room before the boss, rest at Inn and repeat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Majora said:

 

I was mostly a fan of X to be honest, GX tilted too far towards masochistic difficulty as you say. I'd still definitely take GX over this though. Once you've had ridiculous tilts and loops and half pipes at eye watering speed it's hard to go back to such flat courses and ugly visuals. Yeah, unfair technical comparison but it's just not a game I can see myself putting any time into whereas other games are just as good as ever. SMW is still just brilliant, albeit shamefully harder than I recall. 

 

Agreed that X is the pinnacle of the series. The random course generator is just genius with its occasional impossible bends. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hodge said:

Managed to get a pre order in on smyths before they hiked the price a while back.

 

I did it on a collect from local store but still stuck at processing stage from last week.  Anyone else in the same boat? Can you just go and collect or do you have to wait for the txt/email?

 

Check your spam filter, that's where mine was, as the fucked up sending the email out for some people and instead of the usual html page, it was send out as the code lisiting for the html page.

 

Damn it, should have read to the end of the page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sabreman said:

Maybe I was doing it wrong back in the day, but I remember the only boss tactic that worked for me in SoM was to spam magic at them until they died. Anything involving them being able to move around the screen and me trying to hit them with a weapon turned out disastrously.

 

I don't have any magic.... how'd I get magic.  (I've got two companions so far, a sprite girl and a karate girl)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

 

Agreed that X is the pinnacle of the series. The random course generator is just genius with its occasional impossible bends. 

 

Such a pity they never released a version in the West with the course editor added in. You would have thought it would have been perfect for the 3ds and wouldn't be that costly a port. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MrMorgasaurus said:

Anyone considering the Hori 6 button fight pad for this as sold by Argos may want to reconsider.

 

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7455407

 

This had serious issues establishing a connection for me  (though my mini was set up next to my wireless router). Not only that - it was less than responsive on the diagonals. I found executing endless fireballs far more accurate on the stock pad. Not worth the £30 being asked in my opinion. 

 

Agreed. It took me a while to figure out how to sync it, couldn't find any instructions to advise that this was needed. Thought it was faulty. Once synced it has been fine. However like others have reported, the d-pad overall is shite. Such a shame, its a nice feeling controller too.

 

Are the latest snes 8bitdo's compatible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.