deKay

SNES Mini

3 minutes ago, bradigor said:

I was about to cancel one of my two (preferred Amazon, but grabbed GAME in case I missed out). 

I will save it now and offer it here for cost (or trade for a 3DS or something)

Not putting it back in the wild for twats like those at NeoGaf (or HUKD) to mop up. 

I'll buy it from you if I can't get a preorder in the meantime. I'm still miffed I missed out on the NES mini.

Edit - Too late again!

2 minutes ago, kempstar said:

Ill take that mate!

2 minutes ago, cubik said:

I'll buy it from you if I can't get a preorder in the meantime. I'm still miffed I missed out on the NES mini.

Edit - Too late again!

I'll offer it to @kempstar first, but it for whatever reason anything changes, it's yours @cubik

Hope that's fair. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, kempstar said:

Awesome stuff! 

Seems fair, just need @kempstar to become a rabid Sega fanboy and want to avoid anything Nintendo over the next few weeks.

Edit - This should have been a reply to @bradigor's post.

• Upvote 1

Shitting bollocks! Bloody missed it! I've registered my interest on Nintendo's site and set up an email alert from Amazon, so hopefully the story about them producing significantly more units than the NES mini is true, and I'll be able to get one. Fingers crossed.

Just now, gizmo1990 said:

Blimey, there's already some up on the bay for $250! :o :blink: :(

I bet the hotukdeals hardcore are creaming themselves, arseholes.

• Upvote 1

Surely they must be. I'd hope Nintendo are using this period to gauge numbers and be fully prepared for Christmas. However, this is the new world order we're living in.. they're just as likely to crank out an extra dozen and call it quits!

I got as far as getting one in my cart without issue around 19:50, but at the point of check out the Game website catastrophically fell over and has stayed dead ever since. Ah well, none for me!

I wouldn't worry too much. My guess is the retailers have just pulled the plug as they're unsure they can guarantee the orders. Nintendo know how much people want this, they'll produce loads of them. They'd be mad not to. 

3 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

I wouldn't worry too much. My guess is the retailers have just pulled the plug as they're unsure they can guarantee the orders. Nintendo know how much people want this, they'll produce loads of them. They'd be mad not to. 

Yeah, at this stage retailers will have no idea how many they're going to get.

I hope so. I think a new wave of retailers (Toysrus, Tesco, Zavvi etc) should start getting their preorder sites up and running so it might not be as bad as it seems. Fingers crossed.

6 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Hopefully the hackers will wait a while before announcing they've cracked the SNES mini. Otherwise Nintendo will just stop production early again.

15 minutes ago, Wiper said:

I got as far as getting one in my cart without issue around 19:50, but at the point of check out the Game website catastrophically fell over and has stayed dead ever since. Ah well, none for me!

I ordered as a guest, PayPal'd and got confirmation, THEN then the site fell over because my email address is already linked to an account, but it can't send the password recovery code email...

I wouldn't worry. More NES mini's came around and I bought one for standard retail price from an online store months after release thanks to having a stock check setup online. This is just all announcement hype.

I've had the exact same account bounce with game. But hopefully it went through. 

If if so I'll have two preordered. I'm not so certain we will have the same supply issues as last time, but if we do I'm happy to it pass on at cost on here. Least I can do, this wonderful place is why I got one in the first place! 

7 minutes ago, Djx said:

Hopefully the hackers will wait a while before announcing they've cracked the SNES mini. Otherwise Nintendo will just stop production early again.

I never saw that confirmed as the reason. It was always a limited run product.