Who Won E3?

HarryBizzle

Who Won E3?  

280 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ubisoft felt surprisingly fresh in their presentation, but their games didn't excite me much, especially when you consider where the company is, development wise, the last five years. But I have to place them above Bethesda and EA which were simply dreadful.

Nintendo and Sony, I think, left me more satisfied. Not many surprises, true, but well all around presentations. I was expecting more new IP announcements from Nintendo, but I have been expecting that for 15 years. :P

Microsoft was the big loser for me. The revelation of X was great and got my juices flowing, but when I realized there were no new IPs to go with it, it all felt kinda meh. I really liked my Xbox 360, best selection of games in recent memory, but then it all spiraled away to, well, nothing interesting for me. They desperately need a couple of flagship new IPs to push this baby forward and tempt me to get one. Although, I must say, Sea of Thieves looks simply astonishing.

1 hour ago, Talk Show Host said:

Ubisoft felt surprisingly fresh in their presentation, but their games didn't excite me much, especially when you consider where the company is, development wise, the last five years. But I have to place them above Bethesda and EA which were simply dreadful.

Nintendo and Sony, I think, left me more satisfied. Not many surprises, true, but well all around presentations. I was expecting more new IP announcements from Nintendo, but I have been expecting that for 15 years. :P

Microsoft was the big loser for me. The revelation of X was great and got my juices flowing, but when I realized there were no new IPs to go with it, it all felt kinda meh. I really liked my Xbox 360, best selection of games in recent memory, but then it all spiraled away to, well, nothing interesting for me. They desperately need a couple of flagship new IPs to push this baby forward and tempt me to get one. Although, I must say, Sea of Thieves looks simply astonishing.

Why aren't you counting Sea of Thieves as new IP?

Nintendo easily won it for me, and continue to do so with their indepth looks and announcements at the treehouse. 

This year we have the genuine successor to Mario Galaxy and a new Metroid. I mean, fucking hell, come on now.

Ubisoft, though it's not exactly been the most amazing E3.

Quite simply, they offered the greatest breadth and diversity in games. Sony were close, but there's nothing that hasn't been shown before or more of the same.

Microsoft offered loads of games, but no backstory to any of the ones that looked interesting. We want gameplay, not trailers. Nintendo offered namechecks for Pokemon and Metroid Switch that got everyone here wanking furiously, but nothing concrete. The actual gameplay was the usual psuedo 3D Yoshi and Kirby. Mario looked great.

EA and Bethesda, why even bother turning up.

3 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Stop the Bethesda hate FFS.

Dishonored, Prey, and Wolfenstein :wub:

Wolfenstein II had the best trailer of the show and The Evil Within 2 looks excellent as well, though it had its best trailer outside of the conference. Bethesda's show wasn't great, but they do have some fine games.

I keep flip flopping between Ubi, MS and Nintendo.

Ubisoft simply because of the unexpected brilliant looking Mario + Rabbids and BG&E2. Plus the seemingly genuine love for games that exuded. Microsoft because of shear volume of really good looking games, with stuff like SoT, Ori 2 and SoD2 looking really good. Nintendo because everything looked great if a little sparse.

Sony didn't really have enough for me, granted a lot of stuff looked ok, but I'm bored of their Uncharted: Zombies/God Man/Robot Dinosaurs/Uncharted games. SotC was good to see back, and Spider-Man looked decent, but not enough to excite me enough. EA had Battlefront 2, but if they had have had the blow out of Anthem on their conference, it probably been much better for them. And Bethesda I didn't watch, because fuck that shit, but Wolfenstein looked good.

3 minutes ago, *chin* said:

Was The Old Blood DLC and a standalone?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfenstein:_The_Old_Blood

The game is a stand-alone expansion pack in the Wolfenstein series and a prequel to 2014's Wolfenstein: The New Order, set in an alternate history 1946...

The development team initially planned to create a series of individual downloadable content (DLC) packs, but later decided to change this to a standalone expansion pack. When this decision was made, development on two of the DLC was already underway, and the team decided to merge the two DLC into one standalone game.

so not DLC. You could play it without owning TNO.