Yoshimax

Monster Hunter: World

27 minutes ago, catinthehat said:

There are so many things in this game I don't know about.

So... what's affinity for?

Critical hit chance, basically.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mechamonkey said:

I'm going to say this again but honestly do not rush through the game, 'end game' (post missions/campaign ) is very tedious following monsters round to collect blue footprints to get missions to follow monsters round to..etc
Unless (and it's extremely likely!) I am wrong and there is another way?

I'm using this loadout when I'm mooching about on HR expeditions, helps speed things up a bit:

image.thumb.png.06531b83a4fe49b5bb49d2e0199dfd60.png

• Upvote 2

Thank you for the help on Negrigante last night! Haven’t played in a few weeks, one of the first things I did was try him for the first time. In the words of Julia Roberts, big mistake. Big mistake. :lol:

I lasted about 28 minutes and he appeared to go full on rage black out but didn’t appear overly hurt. 

I decided to go farm my HR Legiana set before trying him again. Got all my little bits, then felt it was time. The first room couldn’t have gone any better. Didn’t even get close enough to sniff my arm pits. Then I did got cocky. And fainted about a minute in. Thankfully I had two well seasoned hunters by my side so by the time I made it back he was proper close to dead. 

I think i’ll try him solo a few times just to get better at the fight as I think I could do it. Someday. Eventually. 

Yes was good fun that fight we really had him on the ropes at the start. Can get a bit hairy in the last room in if he sleeps so was handy that he was almost dead.

I should stop being lazy and do just the littlest bit of research in cooking instead of always picking Chef's Choice just to get the +50 to HP and STA.

12 minutes ago, df0 said:

I should stop being lazy and do just the littlest bit of research in cooking instead of always picking Chef's Choice just to get the +50 to HP and STA.

Pfft, even after doing the research, I still just pick Chef's Choice :lol:

• Upvote 1

I also can't be arsed tuning the recipes but have stopped taking Chefs Choice each time. I prefer to look through the list for ones which give me L for the type of monster I'm fighting, like if its a fire/lightning monster I'll take Elemental Resist L, or a big stompy monster Defence L - rather than chefs choice which is usually two Smalls.

• Upvote 1

Had an AMAZING moment on this the other morning.

I was fighting a Tobi-Kadachi when an Anjanath came wandering around the corner. I was like “screw this I’m outta here!” and ran for the nearby exit.

The Tobi spotted the Anja later than me but ultimately came to the same conclusion.

I had stopped at the exit to watch what happened next and it ran toward me. I was like “no way out this way, fella” and shot it in the face.

I read the Tobi’s mind…it was like “fuuuuck!” and it turned around and ran back into the area just as the Anja was kicking off

“Turf War!!”

They started fighting and after about 30s the Anja was like “fuck this” and grabbed the Tobi by the neck and started swinging it around like a rag doll

It threw it to the ground and did a shit tonne of damage. The Tobi was like “I’m off!” and legged it in another direction.

I then turned and ran myself, happy in the knowledge that the monster I was hunting had just taken I real shoeing.

• Upvote 1

I was hunting a pink Rathian in the woods, found it, started laying into it, chopped it's tail all going pretty well. Then suddenly a fireball hits me from behind. Another Rathian! Hmmm looks pinker than the one I've been fighting.... ffs.

Made a Gunlance last night and was swiftly reminded how easy is is to cart when you’re flailing around with giant mecha shoulders not knowing wtf you’re doing :P

Learning a new weapon is great fun, took a while to get used to it but took down the two Diablos mission as a starter, interesting learning what you can and can’t shield and wishing for more guard gear.

will stick with Gunlance now until I’ve got a decent set together and probably move on to normal lance afterwards.

Challenger mantle was very disappointing, such a short duration (tried it when a dual blades using friend joined later on)

The 9* Mushroom Event Quest that's on this week is designed specifically for collecting Tempered Footprints. So be sure to equip 'Scoutfly Range Up' and 'Scholar' (for the invisible XP bar). 

I just got 10 new Tempered Investigations from 3 laps/missions around the Forest. ^_^

• Upvote 1

I captured all monsters, yay. So far at least, not sure what the game has in stock for me.

Now it probably a good time to dress myself up as a butterfly and investigate areas for prints.

9 hours ago, df0 said:

I captured all monsters, yay. So far at least, not sure what the game has in stock for me.

Now it probably a good time to dress myself up as a butterfly and investigate areas for prints.

Is there a way to see which you've captured and which you haven't?

12 hours ago, wev said:

Is there a way to see which you've captured and which you haven't?

Hunters Notes under the Option button, or talk to the wee guy siting on top of the books. Next to the name of a monster you'll see X(Y) where X is kills and Y is captures. Elders can not be captured and display a -

Monters captured become available for arena fightings.

• Upvote 1

Feel pretty good about tackling Vaal Hazak, Teostra, and Kushala Daora for the first time last night. I think I'm getting a firm grasp of the game last night.

Although Daora is also responsible for my first time-out. I'm not entirely convinced it's a well-designed monster.

2 hours ago, Yix said:

Feel pretty good about tackling Vaal Hazak, Teostra, and Kushala Daora for the first time last night. I think I'm getting a firm grasp of the game last night.

Although Daora is also responsible for my first time-out. I'm not entirely convinced it's a well-designed monster.

Not if you don't take Flash pods.

5 hours ago, Yix said:

With me it was Teostra, the other two I defeated within a few attempts.

I'm stuck with Xeno'Jiiva at the moment. Not getting carted at all, but running out of time. Not sure how to tackle him in his angry phase. 

6 hours ago, Yix said:

Just tried this one. Def annoying. 

It seems that even when he's standing still I get hit by the wind effect. So I go in to attack and only get one hit before I am disabled