rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
JohnC

Slaughterhouse Rulez - From Pegg and Frost's new company

http://deadline.com/2017/05/simon-pegg-nick-frost-stolen-picture-slaughterhouse-rulez-shaun-of-the-dead-hot-fuzz-1202094604/

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost have set up a new film and TV production company, Stolen Picture. Their first movie is comedy-horror Slaughterhouse Rulez.

Set in an elite boarding school, with all the weird rules and stuff that come with it. But a fracking site in the school woodlands creates a sinkhole and an unspeakable horror is unleashed. Kids and staff must fight for their survival. I expect we'll see horrible posh boy get dispatched in a comedically horrible manner.

Finn Cole from Peaky Blinders has been cast apparently in the main role. Also Asa Butterfield, Hermione Corfield and Michael Sheen along with Pegg and Frost themselves.

19 minutes ago, Jack Walsh's coffee shop said:

So the director is Crispian Mills, who I assume isn't the former frontman for Kula Shaker.

It is. He directed a film a few years ago called 'A Fantastic Fear of Everything', which also starred Pegg. And looked pretty bad, IIRC.

Frost and Pegg seem to increasingly slip into irrelevance as they reach middle age.

18 hours ago, Benny said:

Frost and Pegg seem to increasingly slip into irrelevance as they reach middle age.

Pegg is 48

He's long since reached "middle aged"

I thought it said Brian Butterfield on that YouTube thumbnail for a moment, and thought it was about time that guy got a break.

Yeah, better off just watching Spaced on repeat with a bit of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz in between.

• Upvote 1

That trailer reminds me of low budget stuff like Cockneys vs Zombies. You know what they are trying to do, they just lack the money and/or talent to pull it off.

• Upvote 3

Trailers for films like this are notoriously hard to get right - the trailers for Attack the Block were rubbish, but the film was great - but that still looks abysmal. It’s like a movie adaptation of a sitcom. 

Only decent movie he’s had a hand in that was any good that didn’t involve Edgar Wright is Star Trek Beyond

I was looking for another thread and stumbled across this one, reminding me how weird the film is. The film itself is pretty much garbage, but has some high-profile stars in it. Despite that it sunk without trace... or did it?

Well, if you read the Wikipedia entry you'd think not:

wiki_rulez.png.3174fb51ce1dcca27b9299a974d4b33f.png

Errrrm....

imdb_rulez.png.11f1a89ff025000fdf9d631889db6847.png

...and...

boxo_rulez.png.3f551c407d29a8742567c4cfe1067f45.png

First time I've seen Wikipedia used for 'creative accounting' purposes. I'm more inclined to believe it made under a million, than that it made more than - say - Logan Lucky, The Kid Who Would be King, or $30m more than If Beale Street Could Talk... o_O