7 minutes ago, Cool Ben said:

I liked hunting to get upgrades and I'm a vegie!

I liked killing people for loot and I'm not a murderer.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Giraffetastic said:

I was pretty disappointed by FC5, but over the weekend I picked up Homefront: Revolution, which is a game I'd never even heard of somehow, and it's way better at being the game I hoped FC5 was going to be.

I actually feel like I'm in a world that's been taken over by someone rather than just like a bit of wilderness with occasional bad guys dotted around. The first area guides you into the worle pretty well and then the 2nd one really makes you think twice about opening fire because things can go south very quickly and you have to really weigh things up.

The silent protagonist thing doesn't help (in particular at the start) but the actually gameplay is good. The gunplay is fine and the toolkit you have and the sandbox you're in are all fun. 

There's a lot in here that feels like Far Cry, like it has strongholds (outposts), hired help, prepper stash equivalents, weapons upgrades & mods and so on.

I'm playing on PS4 Pro and its graphically pretty great (even supports HDR which is pretty impressive for a game that's a few years old). Playing on an LG B7.

There's a thread for it on here but it kind of petered out as the reviews came in.

I paid £8 for it and for that it's definitely worth a look. I did a quick search and it looks like you can get it on disc for just a fiver which is a steal. It's still £25 on PSN tho unfortunately.

So yeah if you're disappointed that FC5 didn't really push the series forward at all, get this and just pretend it's Far Cry Future.

And get ready for norks. Oh lord the norks.

Thanks for the recommendation :)  It passed me by originally so will take a look - it's on Game Pass, for any Xbox One owners,

I picked up Homefront at launch and managed to have a lot of fun with it even with all the issues. The devs have supported it incredibly well though, and by all accounts it is hugely improved on all formats (even with Pro and X enhancements). I need to go back to it.

Anyway, back to FC5!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Gizamaluke said:

I picked up Homefront at launch and managed to have a lot of fun with it even with all the issues. The devs have supported it incredibly well though, and by all accounts it is hugely improved on all formats (even with Pro and X enhancements). I need to go back to it.

Anyway, back to FC5!

Stop that cheerleading immediately! :P

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Mars said:

Thanks for the recommendation :)  It passed me by originally so will take a look - it's on Game Pass, for any Xbox One owners,

It’s discounted but not on it as a full playable game.

The basic version is on GamePass atm. It is the more expensive 'complete' version, with season pass etc. that is discounted.

19JMot6.jpg?1

I haven't played Homefront but to me it looks like the the bundle includes the season pass with all 3 DLC expansions and supply crates for the separate co-op resistance mode.

10 hours ago, Mgear said:

The basic version is on GamePass atm. It is the more expensive 'complete' version, with season pass etc. that is discounted.

19JMot6.jpg?1

OOh. Didn't see that. Will check, thanks!

DLC is akin to Blood Dragon:

Dead Living Zombies: take on zombies!

Hours of Darkness: take the Viet Cong! Erm...

Lost on Mars: take on space spiders!

Hopefully Hours of Darkness won’t be tone deaf. If the other two are as tongue-in-cheek as Blood Dragon, might be a season pass worth getting.

• Upvote 2

Reached that point that comes in a lot of Ubi games, where the fun is in the world and the various feedback loops from ticking off locations / collecting items. The story is utter gash, haven’t hit skip during cutscenes so quickly for a long time.

Would have been cool if some more built up areas were in the game. There’s a mission in an old mine, and the location, with varied heights, makes for a fun shoot-out. Having a few battles in buildings would have made a nice change of scene (assuming there isn’t in the last third of the game)

Still enjoying it, but it’s a shame there are plenty of quibbles - audio from your companion appearing bugged is the latest - stopping it from being something really special.

• Upvote 1

Slow walk needs to be banned forever in video games, it's annoying and boring. I also wish I could skip the cinematics etc..., when I start a new game.

The Bliss is annoying also when you are blessed, and it goes to a load screen FFS. 

• Upvote 1

Most of the fun I had in FC5 were just taking a boat along the river with Arelene and stopping off to do stuff and listen to her chat.

Or wondering through forests on the edge of the map marvelling at how amazing everything looked. I happened upon a hut by a small graveyard and played an answer phone and it was some woman saying she was with the baby and could her husband come back soon and she was really scared. It was just as it was getting dark and the last of the sunlight was dripping through the trees.

Or when I woke up after that mission which wasn't about killing people but cheering up the locals.

I think it's the best looking open world I've ever seen in realism terms.

• Upvote 4

Had a bit of a wander around without doing missions last night and yeah when you take in the surroundings, it really is quite the pretty world. It’s nice to actually explore a region once it’s been taken over.

Just wondering, does anyone else have self-imposed rules or quirks for this? I’ll only shoot animals if they attack first or a mission requires it. Also have a more sinister habit of putting an extra bullet in a downed foe, just so when companions find him, they’ll know there’s a killer out in the woods :facepalm:

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Strafe said:

If the person is down already then I think they’d guess that without the extra bullet hole.

Oh, I know that...

On 09/05/2018 at 09:17, glb said:

Also have a more sinister habit of putting an extra bullet in a downed foe, just so when companions find him, they’ll know there’s a killer out in the woods :facepalm:

Zombie double-tap from Zombieland maybe?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanElf said:

Zombie double-tap from Zombieland maybe?

Oh! Yes! That’s my new excuse. Tap the head or face. The Seeds ain’t giving that hench...person an open casket.

Having spent a fair while in Holland Valley after regaining control of the area, it was a shock to move into a different area and have all kinds of hell break loose. Tried to take an outpost, but then got chased by a bear (they swim fast!) while trying to avoid death from the plane above. In the end got run over by a truck. Good times.

• Upvote 2