Trailer legit looks great.

And there are rumours we may finally get to see monkey's name from Community!

Now confirmed! If pens go missing during the episode instead of brazen nudity though, I'll be hugely disappointed.
  • Upvote 1

Put all of this down, it's really great. I didn't even consider the episodes were going to be less than a hour each, but they're generally 30 minutes so you really blast through it. Loved all the characters, it's funny and dramatic in a soapy sort of way. Brie is amazing, especially when she starts inhabiting her in-ring character. She's clearly having a ton of fun with it.

• Upvote 1

I found it both funny AND interesting. Also well shot, acted and fuckin' Johnny Mundo was the wrestling trainer! Ace.

Very reminiscent of Boogie Nights.

• Upvote 3

When saw the title I thought oh god hope no one started a thread about the hideous Glasgow show! 

Bunch a dafties on it! 

But seeing this on Netflix and not convinced or see the appeal! Maybe see some nice girls in tights and leggings but other than that don't see it being a hit for me. 

• Downvote 6

I am really enjoying this, though have to say anything set back in the 80s is nostalgic catnip for me, went thru 5 eps back to back last night.

Marc Maron is the real stand out, I don't really like him much in his podcast persona but didn't realise he could act well too, there is quite a lot of sadness and unspoken backstory in his world weary character,

Alison Brie is that fine line between being adorable and super irritating all the time (can't just be me, Maron's character even points it out).

I love the streaming services for this kind of stuff - it just wouldn't sustain interest waiting a week for eps but the model makes them viable as you can watch at your own pace and enjoy a lot more as a result of it.

• Upvote 1

Liking this so far. It's pretty light and fluffy, but to be honest I could do with a bit of light and fluffy after finishing The Handmaid,s Tale (that's not a criticism of either show by the way).

About four episodes in and I'm enjoying it so far, but a bit in episode 2 felt a little off.....bit of a mild spoiler.

I felt the miscarriage stuff with the ketchup was going to lead to her getting kicked off the show, but nope, they just go back to work like nothing has happened and the show still continues like she's a likeable and fun character. It's a bit odd. Especially awkward as a cast member (pro wrestler Awesome Kong, can't remember her real name) did actually suffer a real life miscarriage.

I popped in here to see if people were thinking the same thing as me about episode 2. What were they going for? Funny? Weird? Shocking? A combination of all three? It just didn't work. It was pretty terrible. I can see why JPickford jumped ship after that episode. I'll carry on though, see if it gets better.