Sign in to follow this  
Keyboard Koala

Ever Oasis - being remade for the Switch?

091019c6dedb045c6ffb7cd8e30d419f.jpg

Ever Oasis is an upcoming action-adventure role-playing video game developed by Grezzo (The Legend of Legacy).

Ever Oasis tells the story of Tethu, a young seedling who must create a village in the middle of the desert to serve as a launching point for a quest to find their older brother, who has been spirited away by the forces of Chaos. Evenutually Tethu meets Miura and Roto to help him on his quest. 

In the game, players try to build a prosperous oasis by completing missions in dungeons and caves in the desert. In the desert, players form a party of three characters and battle enemies that are possessed by mysterious Chaos in real-time combat as they switch between the three party members.

Players forage for materials in caves and puzzle-filled dungeons to earn dewadems, a form of currency, which are used to grow new shops and new gear. Members of other tribes who the players meet in their journey can help by joining on new missions or establishing a new shop in the oasis. Here, new products can be made from materials found in the dungeons. These materials can also be used to synthesize equipment and items at the player's treehouse.

Debut trailer:

Story trailer:

>>  Official website.

The game will release in North America and Europe next month, June 23rd, and in Japan the following month.

sFIvpCu.jpg

• Upvote 1

I'm looking forward to it, has hints of secret if mana, by the old secret of mana director too! 

After the oot and majoras mask remake im sure this team will do well. 

The demo is a compelling argument for a preorder. Switching between the characters to use their unique abilities in the dungeon promises some Zelda-style puzzling fun ahead. It's got a charming vibe to it and the soundtrack is lush. I'm anticipating review scores that make it impossible to resist.

Review: Ever Oasis - Happily Ever After

Ever Oasis isn’t just a brilliant adventure, it’s also one that’s come at the right place and the right time. For 3DS RPG fans, who’ve had an unthinkably rich array of JRPG greats to choose from over the system’s lifespan, Ever Oasis is a nice reminder that there’s still plenty of room for innovation on the six-year-old handheld. Its addictive main gameplay loop, fun combat, amazing (and truly different) sense of style, and kindhearted nature make it feel like nothing else; though it reminds us of Rune Factory 4, Animal Crossing, Tri Force Heroes, and Final Fantasy Explorers in turn, this really is its own experience, and one we’d recommend to any action-RPG aficionado. 

And suddenly I find myself cramped up again while looking at two tiny low resolution screens in 2017. Nintendo truly are the greatest magicians of our time. Because this along with the brilliant Codename STEAM, which I've just started playing, and the upcoming Samus Returns all do a spectacular job of making my money vanish into thin air.

Curse you Nintendo.

• Upvote 1

Suuposedly this is being remade for the Switch using the Unreal Engine...

Bit of a weird choice for a game to be ported to the Switch. Wasn't a bad game by any means, but hardly blockbuster material.

It was probably made with one eye on a Switch port so quick and easy to do in that case.