The Boxing Thread

dogsout

Gonnae have to get that Fite tonight to watch the boaxin. 

Shocking Sky or BT aren't running it.

Only the 4th guy in 33 years will unify all 4 belts of a division tonight. 

But they'll pop Mayweather vs YouTubes on a fuckin PPV. 😖

Taylor undisputed. 114-112 on all three cards, the knockdowns swung it.  It was weird following it on Twitter and Reddit as people’s cards were all over the place, but it mostly went from Taylor by a mile to Taylor by the skin of his teeth. 

Incredible achievement. And his resume is just ridiculous now. He really has fought and beaten the very best of the division. It puts him firmly in the top 10 P4P now.

It's such a shame that he's a flat-Earth / anti-vaxxer Tommy Robinson guy as I'm a huge fan of his style and I've followed his career from the beginning. 

What's happened to Kenny Bayless though? He used to be a great ref, he just awful now!

He’s 71.  Kenny Bayless is older than Roberto Duran.  

Taylor should fight Bud Crawford if they can make it happen at 140.  He’s gonna have a big homecoming fight in Edinburgh, that seems like it will be against Jack Catterall who is his mandatory and it’s probably an easy fight to make given it’s England vs Scotland but the big legacy fights are out there too. Maybe Crawford is too big and too good for Taylor, but it just seems like a natural fight to make in 2022. 

16 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

He’s 71.  Kenny Bayless is older than Roberto Duran.  

Taylor should fight Bud Crawford if they can make it happen at 140.  He’s gonna have a big homecoming fight in Edinburgh, that seems like it will be against Jack Catterall who is his mandatory and it’s probably an easy fight to make given it’s England vs Scotland but the big legacy fights are out there too. Maybe Crawford is too big and too good for Taylor, but it just seems like a natural fight to make in 2022. 

71?! Wow, the guy has aged well! I really thought he was mid-fifties!

Taylor vs Bud would be amazing. I'd favour Bud in that fight, despite Taylor beating better opposition to become undisputed. I'd actually love to see a rematch with Prograis too. 

1 hour ago, Scratchy Bollock said:

Incredible achievement. And his resume is just ridiculous now. He really has fought and beaten the very best of the division. It puts him firmly in the top 10 P4P now.

It's such a shame that he's a flat-Earth / anti-vaxxer Tommy Robinson guy as I'm a huge fan of his style and I've followed his career from the beginning. 

I didn't know that, :( part-time fan these days. Him v Crawford would awesome

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually looking forward to the shitshow tonight. Paul is half a pound off the max and Mayweather was a whole five pounds under the minimum. I just want to see if Mayweather goes ahead and knocks him out in the first round or if he takes his time and humiliates him

2 hours ago, Wickedkitten said:

I'm actually looking forward to the shitshow tonight. Paul is half a pound off the max and Mayweather was a whole five pounds under the minimum. I just want to see if Mayweather goes ahead and knocks him out in the first round or if he takes his time and humiliates him

I think Mayweather will want to end him quick. 

Paul has a punchers chance and that size and weight advantage is a risk. Pauls camp know that for them to have even a slight chance of catching Mayweather they just need to get inside, cheat and be dirty and use his massive weight advantage. 

He's getting destroyed though. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Orion said:

Inoue is bad man. What a fun fighter to watch.

Quite the statement I know, but I think he's the best overall puncher I've ever seen. Both hands, such easy movement and power, and amazing accuracy. Love him.

Aye, he’s an absolute force of nature.  Reminds me of Golovkin, Tommy Hearns or Julian Jackson.  He’s got to be at the point now where opposition are just intimidated by standing in the opposite corner.  

2 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

Aye, he’s an absolute force of nature.  Reminds me of Golovkin, Tommy Hearns or Julian Jackson.  He’s got to be at the point now where opposition are just intimidated by standing in the opposite corner.  

I think he's a level above even Jackson (and I was lucky enough to see him starch out Graham live). Like with all the best punchers, he never looks like he's getting everything behind it but somehow.... It's not that he's without technique of course, but I see him throw some shots and it's straight-up Shinto how they do so much damage.

• 3 weeks later...

I caught a snippet of an interview with Frank Warren on the radio earlier and he was asked that if Wilder defeats Fury are there rematch clauses in the contracts ?

He said categorically not as this fight is under the rematch section of the last fight contract and not under any new deal - therefor if they go to 1 win 1 loss and a draw there is no automatic decider happening as nobody is obligated to do so.

Couple of weeks to see if there is any effects then August-September training camp I presume if the fight is start of October. 

Sucks for us but hopefully Fury is alright.