rllmuk
Harsin

Xbox Game Pass

15 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

I'm actually at the stage now where I shake my head because I can't keep up with all the good stuff they are releasing as part of the service. Nice variety too...I should be happy and excited and yet it just stresses me out that I'm paying for a service that I can't possibly use to the full! Bizarrely I don't feel like this about Netflix, Spotify etc

I'll probably have a go at Res Evil 4 again. I need something to cleanse the palette after playing Dead Rising 4 for about 10 minutes last night. If you've played DR4, is it worth persevering at all? 

2 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

I'll probably have a go at Res Evil 4 again. I need something to cleanse the palette after playing Dead Rising 4 for about 10 minutes last night. If you've played DR4, is it worth persevering at all? 

I thought it was shit. And I really enjoyed 3. The game has its fans though

Just now, Nosejam said:

I think I lasted 15 minutes with DR4. If I had spent real money on it though, I almost certainly would of given it more of a go.

I bought it on launch as 3 was so good. Needless to say, I'm not seeing that 50 quid again.

So I’m a gold member and it runs out in January 2020.. also a game pass member that runs out in September 2019. I’ve upgrade to Xbox ultimate pass for £1 and now my recurring bill dates is 08/07/2020.. have I really gained all this extra time for a pound? I realise I still have time left on both my subscriptions.. buts only paying a pound for basically 12 months? Is this a mistake? Or have I just hit lucky? 

What's the problem with DR4? I had heard that it was an easier, more toned down version of previous games. I did love the previous installments, especially 3. 

So thanks to Eurogamer I got Xbox Gamepass until the end of my current Xbox Live Gold subscription in June next year...for a quid.

Essentially if you have time left on your Gold and go for the free £1 for first month it applies it to your current subscription so it lasts until then. Just make sure you turn off recurring billing.

The good part is is that MS have become aware of the error but are keeping it going as a promotion for a "limited time." Obviously in the hopes of you forgetting to undo it when your current gold ends or you like the service so much you re-up. Plus you have to add the months before you purchase it.

Still though Gears 5 for a quid at launch. I'm good.

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2019-07-17-microsoft-officially-embraces-popular-community-lifehack-to-save-big-on-xbox-game-pass-ultimate?__twitter_impression=true

1 hour ago, Jg15 said:

What's the problem with DR4? I had heard that it was an easier, more toned down version of previous games. I did love the previous installments, especially 3. 

It's just boring as shit. There's just something about it that doesn't create any desire to keep playing.

1 hour ago, Lothar Hex said:

So thanks to Eurogamer I got Xbox Gamepass until the end of my current Xbox Live Gold subscription in June next year...for a quid.

Essentially if you have time left on your Gold and go for the free £1 for first month it applies it to your current subscription so it lasts until then. Just make sure you turn off recurring billing.

The good part is is that MS have become aware of the error but are keeping it going as a promotion for a "limited time." Obviously in the hopes of you forgetting to undo it when your current gold ends or you like the service so much you re-up. Plus you have to add the months before you purchase it.

Still though Gears 5 for a quid at launch. I'm good.

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2019-07-17-microsoft-officially-embraces-popular-community-lifehack-to-save-big-on-xbox-game-pass-ultimate?__twitter_impression=true

Loads of us did this thanks to a Mr Tony thread in bargains. I topped up to three years before converting.

• Upvote 1

And fair play, while I wasn't really interested in subscribing before, after getting 2 something years for a quid I find that it's the best thing ever. Seriously considering re-upping after the current sub ends if it stays this good. I'm also expecting that there will be a few more Ultimate bargains in the meantime which will allow extending my current sub.

I'm fairly certain that Gold Ultimate for a reasonable number of people here (and elsewhere) will become the only games Expenditure they have. 

I'm wondering if I'll buy another game this year (maybe one for switch?) given that all of Microsoft's first party titles are included. Right now, there's no better value for money in gaming anywhere. I can't believe anyone would be skeptical of Gamepass now or in the future, now Microsoft have bought a number of studios to create games that will all launch on Gamepass, there's potential for the service to get even better. 

Also, Gears 5 is on there this weekend for a multiplayer test. You can download it now! 

12 minutes ago, footle said:

The  Gears 5 tech test looks interesting.

"SERVERS ARE FULL. YOUR ESTIMATED WAIT TIME IS 2D 2H 00M".

As per the test, best to sort all this shit out now then launch day.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Eagle Lord said:

Sure. It’s also only been ten minutes or so.

1 minute ago, footle said:

Sure. It’s also only been ten minutes or so.

Oh shit has it really?

I suppose this is the fact that anyone and everyone with game pass has access to it as well as all the people with pre-orders.

If things are that popular already, they'll really need to pull out all the stops for a successful online launch!

I want my damn Terminator Dark Fate pack to work day one! :P

11 minutes ago, The Mighty Ash said:

I think its fixed now, just got in.

Perhaps. I’m a bit bemused that Bootcamp didn’t just unlock.

54 minutes ago, The Eagle Lord said:

I'm not following the more tech side of this stuff at all, but wasn't that fancy Azure network supposed to prevent this sort of stuff. You know, employing additional servers as needed.

58 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I'm not following the more tech side of this stuff at all, but wasn't that fancy Azure network supposed to prevent this sort of stuff. You know, employing additional servers as needed.

Well i loaded the test up and after the bootcamp i went straight into a game in less than a minute. 

I quite like what i've seen so far. 

Although that new melee attack is brutal we had a guy on the locust side literally surface hopping and then shanking us all brutal but effective. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Sure, but you also have to have the systems that decide how many servers to scale working. And those need tested. You can go *so* far with load testing etc, but reality - with tens of thousands of clients simultaneously polling with different latency, geographically spread and dropping off the network at random times - is going to be much harder to simulate.