rllmuk
Harsin

Xbox Game Pass

so I’m thinking about getting an xbox...

My PS4 sounds like an aeroplane despite getting rid of the dust and tonight I intend to put some thermal paste on. If that doesn’t so the trick then there’s no way I can keep playing the way I am currently. Even through my headphones.

Back onto my original point, I have a few questions if somebody wouldn’t mind making things clearer for me.

How do I best utilise this gamepass deal? Do I pay for xbox live and then add on the gamepass? How much does that work out? i see that the deal ends up 4 days, how much would it be after that time?

I’ve not had an xbox since the 360 days so I am quite attracted to the idea of going through the old Halos and Gears and playing some Crackdown again.

It's your Xbox Live Gold sub+1 month extra of Game Pass. If you can get a good price for Xbox Live Gold, its best to have at least 2 years of it, so you maximise the benefits of when you buy Game Pass Ultimate for a quid.

Was going to say exactly that, this crazy good offer is set to finish today so get it sorted now. 

Unfortunately you will find that Gold subs have gone back up to RRP (£50 for 12 months) as retailers caught on to the deal. Someone on here might be able to point you to a cheaper alternative source (if there is one).

Thanks guys. So I buy 2 years of Gold and then it's an extra £1 for game pass ultimate? Is that a £1 every month?

The only reason why I thought I had a few days left is because of this link here:

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass#join

On there it says 4 days left - is that the same deal? Or is it something different?

On 30/06/2019 at 19:43, mdn2 said:

It looks like the £1 Game Pass Ultimate deal is active until tomorrow, which is good as I'd completely neglected to take advantage of it until now.

I realise this is a stupid question but can anybody confirm that the EU Xbox Live codes in the link above will work with a UK account? I wouldn't have questioned it except for the fact that the link above specifies EU and costs £38.99, whereas just heading to the site and selecting a 12 month code the normal way brings up a different page with a cost of £42.99.

Also! I'm an idiot and let my Xbox Live lapse into a monthly rolling subscription. So I'm paid up for part of the month. Does that mean I'll be unable to stack three 12-month codes? Am I better off just going for 24 months ahead of doing the £1 upgrade deal?

33 minutes ago, Billy Brown said:

I realise this is a stupid question but can anybody confirm that the EU Xbox Live codes in the link above will work with a UK account?

Yes, that one works fine - it's the one I bought when I did the Game Pass deal.

• Upvote 1

Games Coming to Xbox Game Pass

July 4

*Middle-earth: Shadow of War (Xbox Game Pass for Console, Xbox Game Pass for PC, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate)

*My Time at Portia (Xbox Game Pass for Console, Xbox Game Pass for PC, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate)

*Undertale (Xbox Game Pass for PC, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate)

July 11

*Blazing Chrome (Xbox Game Pass for Console, Xbox Game Pass for PC, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate)

*Dead Rising 4 (Xbox Game Pass for Console, Xbox Game Pass for PC, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate)

*LEGO City Undercover (Xbox Game Pass for Console, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate)

*Unavowed (Xbox Game Pass for PC, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate)

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Billy Brown said:

Also! I'm an idiot and let my Xbox Live lapse into a monthly rolling subscription. So I'm paid up for part of the month. Does that mean I'll be unable to stack three 12-month codes? Am I better off just going for 24 months ahead of doing the £1 upgrade deal?

I had one month left on my current sub when I upgraded, and was unable to stack 3 12-month subs because that exceeded the maximum of three years. So you can do 2 12-month subs and stick with that, or add 11 1-month subs if you want to maximize. Whatever you do, note that you get an additional month for converting to Ultimate, and another two bonus months for the Live Gold subs - one additional month per 12-month code. So even if you choose to stick with 24 months total, you'll end up with 27 months total after the conversion to ULTIMATE.

I was expecting Shadow of War after the first one went up earlier in the year but not this soon. Looking forward to trying that one out, as I think it received an absurd amount of criticism based on the notion that you had to buy lootboxes to have access to everything which was patently false.

Also Dead Rising 4 is a great add, I feel like a schmuck for not supporting it at launch.

Looking forward to at least four games out of that list immediately, and apparently Unavowed has stonking reviews on Steam.

I'm not including Undertale as I've already played it, and it's easily one of my top favourite games of this generation, let alone years.

I'm glad that Microsoft is getting in some smart picks for the PC Game Pass, even after the immense reveal of the initial list at E3. Let's hope it continues!

Once xCloud is up and running, I wonder if you can stream all GPU games to your device/phone even if theyre only on PC at the moment, like Undertale?

I got Ultimate pass but only a MacBook at home.

2 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Lego City Undercover is the best Lego game. Seriously, give it a go. 

What are the loading times like on the Xbox One version? They crippled the game on the Wii U, and I heard the Switch version was barely improved in that regard.

Downloaded Rare Replay and thought I'd give Grabbed by the Ghoulies a try because I had never played it before. Turned it off after 20 minutes I was so bored. Is that basically all the game is? 

1 hour ago, Majora said:

Downloaded Rare Replay and thought I'd give Grabbed by the Ghoulies a try because I had never played it before. Turned it off after 20 minutes I was so bored. Is that basically all the game is? 

Aged well it has not. It wasn't great when it came out.