Xbox Game Pass

Harsin

Ah, was just in the middle of both West Of Dead and Night Call and found out they've been taken off today. I thought I had until the end of the month. They only came onto my radar because it popped up that they were leaving soon as well. Maybe they'll come back one day though I doubt it.

14 minutes ago, El Spatula said:

Closely followed by installing them, playing them for 5 minutes, then uninstalling them.

The great thing about a subscription is if it doesn't work for you because you have the attention span of a gnat, or whatever other reason, you can just stop paying for it.

28 minutes ago, El Spatula said:

Closely followed by installing them, playing them for 5 minutes, then uninstalling them.

With a net loss of? That's the beauty, you can try all sorts of stuff with no real worry about what you will and won't get on with - some stuff you'd have never looked twice at will be awesome, some stuff you would have shelled out for on day 1 will be terrible.

13 minutes ago, El Spatula said:

Apologies for not towing the party line.

I do actually subscribe to Game Pas you know? Am I not allowed to have an opinion? 

If your opinion is that nothing on Gamepass is worth playing for more than 5 minutes, then I’d expect some push back because it’s a ridiculous opinion.

Oh, and it’s toeing.

16 hours ago, El Spatula said:

There are a ton of games on Gamepass that I've done this with. And that's so much better than buying them only to find out they're not my sort of thing. Hell, I've downloaded stuff, never played it, and then deleted it again because I've changed my mind. Gamepass enables that sort of nonsense. If you don't see that as a positive benefit of GP then you've not really thought through the alternatives - either just not even trying loads of games, or dealing with the hassle of refunds, or wasting a ton of cash. Gamepass beats all of them.

2 hours ago, Isaac said:

20 minutes ago, JPL said:

Lovely. Just what I wanted.

Did they say when Psychonauts 2 is out?

6?! looks like they missed a few! lol and 25th aug

image.thumb.png.beb329fbad299e2fac27152c8c30149f.png

The 6 games in 6 months thing is what they're positioning as the big headline day 1 titles, obviously there's way more.

Quite a few big games leaving end of this month, I might finally give The Messenger a shot

Xbox:
Outer Wilds
Monster Hunter World
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
Battle Chasers Nightwar
The Messenger
Soul Calibur VI

PC:
Mistover
Battle Chasers Nightwar
The Messenger
Out of the Park Baseball 21

12 minutes ago, Majora said:

The 6 games in 6 months thing is what they're positioning as the big headline day 1 titles, obviously there's way more.

Quite a few big games leaving end of this month, I might finally give The Messenger a shot

Xbox:
Outer Wilds
Monster Hunter World
Battle Chasers Nightwar
The Messenger
Soul Calibur VI

PC:
Mistover
Battle Chasers Nightwar
The Messenger
Out of the Park Baseball 21

The Outer Wilds is now compulsory to all. Tempted to buy it even though I doubt I'll go back to it.

2 hours ago, ChrisN said:

There are a ton of games on Gamepass that I've done this with. And that's so much better than buying them only to find out they're not my sort of thing. Hell, I've downloaded stuff, never played it, and then deleted it again because I've changed my mind. Gamepass enables that sort of nonsense. If you don't see that as a positive benefit of GP then you've not really thought through the alternatives - either just not even trying loads of games, or dealing with the hassle of refunds, or wasting a ton of cash. Gamepass beats all of them.

For example - 

Age of Empires IV is something I would never, ever, ever buy. 

...but actually! Why the fuck not eh? I might end up liking or loving it! 

12 minutes ago, therearerules said:

The Outer Wilds is now compulsory to all. Tempted to buy it even though I doubt I'll go back to it.

Finally, I am forced to go back to outer wilds.

24 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

For example - 

Age of Empires IV is something I would never, ever, ever buy. 

...but actually! Why the fuck not eh? I might end up liking or loving it! 

Age of Empires is on cloud too, looks like quite a nice one to stream to an iPad. 

Did Outer Wilds ever get optimised for Series S/X? Coming off of other PC-based space fuckery at the time (No Man's Sky, Elite) it felt like complete wank even on a One X.

If not, it'll be no big deal to pick it up during a Steam Sale or summat. Seemed good from the outset.

I'm pretty pleased as punch to give Dark Alliance a go next week after my time investment in PSO2 has been severely cut short by... PSO2. Seems like it will be super fun to get a few people together and smash through the campaign like World War Z and Vermintide 2.

3 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Yeah I’m looking forward to Dark Alliance, is that a new release? 

Yeah, brand new. It looks really ropey in previews to be honest but worth a try, that's the brilliant thing a out game pass. 

I'm looking forward to Dark Alliance as well - but can't really put my finger on why - I just like the non-serious vibe of the trailers.

Feels like an rllmuk alliance might possibly be in the offing? 😂

58 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Age of Empires is on cloud too, looks like quite a nice one to stream to an iPad. 

It looks like its PC only, as for there to be a cloud version, there would need to be an xbox console version to stream.

5 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

It looks like its PC only, as for there to be a cloud version, there would need to be an xbox console version to stream.

Ok, I was just going by how they listed it during the E3 presentation; Windows 10 & Cloud. 

(although reading up on it, it appears that was an error, so just PC for now)