Xbox Game Pass

34 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

I've had gold before but not for years, thanks both! I'll drop squigs a line.

Before you do that, have you thought about loading up on Live and converting to GamePass Ultimate for £1? You’ll be set for 3 years then.

1 hour ago, JPL said:

Before you do that, have you thought about loading up on Live and converting to GamePass Ultimate for £1? You’ll be set for 3 years then.

@Lorfariusdo this. 3 years game pass including Outer Worlds and a cornucopia of other games for 1 quid. Come on man, you can't buy an X and tehn say no to GP for 1 quid! Screw trial

@Lorfarius:

copy pasta from the first post:

GUIDE TO THE BEST WAY TO PURCHASE GAMEPASS

BEFORE YOU START. If you are already subscribed to Game Pass, let it lapse before following these steps. They will work for new or lapsed accounts, but not for active ones.

1. Buy 3x 12-month Live Gold codes (£40 each) from CDKeys or equivalent. It might take an hour or so for the codes to come through, but they will eventually.

2. If you don't have one, create an Xbox account on the Microsoft site.

3. Redeem your Live Gold codes on the MS Site - click on your user icon at the top right of the page, click the "..." at the bottom of the drop down menu and select "Redeem code." IMPORTANT: each time you do this, UNSELECT the auto-renew option, otherwise you'll get some free months added which will make it impossible to redeem your third code (you can't stack more than three years' worth).

4. From here the instructions are from memory because I can't replicate the steps as I've already signed up. On your user icon drop down menu choose "My Microsoft account" and on the page that opens you should see a section called "Subscriptions." Click on your Live Gold subscription.

5. You should now be given the option to upgrade your Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate. When you select this it will take you to a standard page as if you were buying it from scratch, where you pay £1 for the first month* and £10.99 every month thereafter. Don't be put off by this (as I was) - the £10.99 won't kick in until your three years are up. Go ahead and sign up for the £1 offer. (*if you have already used the £1 offer previously then it will cost you £10.99 for this conversion, but still only as a one-off payment with your next payment not due for another three years.)

6. Your Live Gold subscription should now have been converted to Game Pass Ultimate for the next three years, at a cost to you of £121 (£131 if this isn’t your first time), a saving of approx 70% compared to the £10.99 a month RRP.

7. Go back into your Game Pass subscriptions page and turn off auto-renew again. There's bound to be another offer in three years' time!

NB: If you have already used the £1 offer you can still do all the above, however you will be charged £10.99 instead of £1 but this will still upgrade all your XBLG as above so it's still a great deal.

2 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Maybe he, you know... just doesn't want Gamepass?

What, after coming in and specifically asking if there’s a trial for it with the console?

8 hours ago, womblingfree said:

Never finished Outer Worlds so giving it another go. I’d forgotten how utterly brilliant it is. Definitely a highlight of last gen and puts the latest few Fallout games to shame.

Now a buttery 60fps, I’m going through on Hard rather than Supernova. Last time on Supernova my companions only lasted a minute before they were killed never to return, which seemed to make the companion mechanic redundant.

Hang on, is this the case now? I don't remember seeing it listed.

I do but sadly after shelling out for the console, some games and the expansion I just don't have enough cash so I'll go down the CDKeys route when my trial runs out for a few months at a time.

49 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Go back into your Game Pass subscriptions page and turn off auto-renew again. There's bound to be another offer in three years'

If I already have game pass, what the cheapest way to top it up? I've got about 6 months left... 

Just now, ScouserInExile said:

If I already have game pass, what the cheapest way to top it up? I've got about 6 months left...

Wait till your 6 months is up then get the 3 years and upgrade for 10.99

19 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

if you think they‘ll remove the upgrade offer, then the cheapest other way is £20 EA Play subs converting to 4 months of ultimate at a time.

Has anyone here bought an Xbox via the All Access subscription, and if so, how do you activate the 2 years of Game Pass? Do you get a code or does the console prompt you to activate during setup? Does it ask for a payment option to be added for recurring billing, or does it just add 2 years to your account and then expire?

I’m asking for a friend who got his All Access Series X yesterday, set up a new Microsoft account, then somehow locked himself out of it within a few hours and now can’t recover it :facepalm:

He’s convinced he’s now going to be paying for Game Pass for 2 years without being able to access it, but can’t even remember how he set it up. Microsoft Support aren’t providing any help either.

13 minutes ago, Lord M said:

Has anyone here bought an Xbox via the All Access subscription, and if so, how do you activate the 2 years of Game Pass? Do you get a code or does the console prompt you to activate during setup? Does it ask for a payment option to be added for recurring billing, or does it just add 2 years to your account and then expire?

I’m asking for a friend who got his All Access Series X yesterday, set up a new Microsoft account, then somehow locked himself out of it within a few hours and now can’t recover it :facepalm:

He’s convinced he’s now going to be paying for Game Pass for 2 years without being able to access it, but can’t even remember how he set it up. Microsoft Support aren’t providing any help either.

from my understanding, its a code that comes with it that you add on the redeem a code page.

also...how!?

19 minutes ago, Lord M said:

With All Access the offer is activated during the console setup.  It doesn't come as a code in the box.  It's associated with the console.

You can choose to activate the offer during set up our to activate it later.   Once you've activated it on an account you can, of course, use it any Xbox or PC that has your account signed on it.

I don't know if it asks for a payment method to be added because I already had one associated with my account.

1 minute ago, 5R7 said:

also...how!?

He’s a massive idiot when it comes to this sort of thing. I honestly don’t know what he’s done. From what I can make out he’s installed the Xbox app on his phone, set everything up through that, but at some point he says his console asked for his password again and won’t accept it. He’s still signed in on the app but can’t log in anywhere else and Microsoft can’t / won’t recover the account as he can’t provide enough information about it.

I was just trying to figure out if he even redeemed the 2 years of game pass or just did a trial or something and could just create a new account and register the 2 year code on that.

Just now, Don Wiskerando said:

With All Access the offer is activated during the console setup.  It doesn't come as a code in the box.  It's associated with the console.

You can choose to activate the offer during set up our to activate it later.   Once you've activated it on an account you can, of course, use it any Xbox or PC that has your account signed on it.

Ahh, ok. Thanks.

He might be screwed then :(

57 minutes ago, Lord M said:

He’s a massive idiot when it comes to this sort of thing. I honestly don’t know what he’s done. From what I can make out he’s installed the Xbox app on his phone, set everything up through that, but at some point he says his console asked for his password again and won’t accept it. He’s still signed in on the app but can’t log in anywhere else and Microsoft can’t / won’t recover the account as he can’t provide enough information about it.

I was just trying to figure out if he even redeemed the 2 years of game pass or just did a trial or something and could just create a new account and register the 2 year code on that.

I assume there’s no QR code in the App that you can use to create/login to the account on the console?

3 hours ago, Timmo said:

Hang on, is this the case now? I don't remember seeing it listed.

Yeah, it got an update a while back for the new consoles. Doesn’t have the X|S label, but it runs at 60fps.

13 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

@Lorfariusdo this. 3 years game pass including Outer Worlds and a cornucopia of other games for 1 quid. Come on man, you can't buy an X and tehn say no to GP for 1 quid! Screw trial

But it's not a £1. Its £121... So a bit more of an outlay initially and if you've already dropped £450 on a console already I can see why someone might be hesitant. No matter how much the perceived value it is.

Converting 12 months of EA Play to Game Pass means you can get 4 months of Game Pass for £19.99 - not bad if you just want to try it

CD Keys link to EA Play code

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members can redeem EA Play codes for the Xbox console, but they will automatically convert and extend their Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription at a ratio of 3:1. For example, if you redeem an EA Play code for 30 days, it’ll automatically convert to 10 days of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

13 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

It’s just like being back in the playground.

But it's true? People who post here probably buy more than two games in three years. So looking at the initial investment as the equivalent of one and a half PS5 game, is an acceptable way of justifying it in one's own mind. It's not like he said omg PS5 games suuuuck or anything, yet you snap immediately.

9 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

Saying that 2 ps5 games cost £120 is as factually correct as saying Gamepass costs £1 when it’s actually £10.99 a month tho

But it isn’t £10.99 a month if you do the load up on Live and convert for a £1 trick. It’s £3.36 a month.

“Ps5 games aren’t £70 only some are and then if you load up on cheap credit or shop around it brings the price down etc etczzz”

let’s play fair!

Just now, mikeyl said:

“Ps5 games aren’t £70 only some are and then if you load up on cheap credit or shop around it brings the price down etc etczzz”

let’s play fair!

I get what you're saying. One is the cheapest way to do something, the other is the most expensive. Still, £121 for 3 years of hundreds of games and all first party titles day one* still feels infinitely better value than buying 3 or 4 games.

*If we see any in the next 3 years, that is.

12 minutes ago, JPL said:

I get what you're saying. One is the cheapest way to do something, the other is the most expensive. Still, £121 for 3 years of hundreds of games and all first party titles day one* still feels infinitely better value than buying 3 or 4 games.

*If we see any in the next 3 years, that is.

Everyone has a different perception of what value is. I agree as it works for me but if GamePass doesn't have the games I actually want to play then its not great and £121 outlay is significant when buying a new console. Also really you don't know what MS will serve up over three years once you've bought into it? So there is an element of the unknown in there too. Sure it will be great but who knows.

MS haven't really been throwing new AAA franchises or content onto GamePass really have they? Enjoyed The Medium but since that? Sure there is a raft of indie titles and older content but new AAA games? I know that probably isn't GamePass's remit but MS state that you will get new Xbox games day and date with retail release but if you aren't actually releasing AAA XBox content? I know the games will come eventually. Probably after most people's 3 yeas cheap subs are coming to an end....Hmmm... Anyway its still great value at £10.99 and gives you plenty to play.