Xbox Game Pass

26 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Have you used that offer before?

If not - yep, same as always. Wait for it to expire (TURN OFF AUTO-RENEWAL!!!!) and get xbox live gold up to 3 years and upgrade to Ultimate for a pound.

IF you have used that offer before then it is exactly the same EXCEPT instead of a pound, you buy 1 month of Ultimate on top and voila - converted 1 to 1 to ultimate :)

Hope that helps!

EDIT: I did the second option in December - please someone confirm I am still right with this before I inadvertently get Pistol to flush a hundred quid down the drain.

I have used the £1 offer before, so I guess it’s option two like what you done it then!

28 minutes ago, Don Rosco said:

Anyone else get an invite to the IOS cloud gaming beta from gamepass? I got one, I can't be that special, they didn't give me the free money a few weeks back. 

Yeah, a few of us were talking about it in the xCloud thread.

I still haven’t actually tried it out yet though! 

On 30/04/2021 at 15:14, Pistol said:

I need to renew my Game Pass Ultimate (I was going to let it lapse as the Xbox wasn’t getting much use, but two of my lads are now on PC and having free games for each of them is pretty handy).

What’s the best way to do it these days? Still let it expire, buy a 12 month Live code, then convert to Ultimate for £1? Or is that over now.

Still works, I stacked up 3 years of gold, then upgraded to ultimate for the 10.99 yesterday!

Finished Rain on Your Parade the other night. Perfectly fine fun and everything but I found the comparisons to Donut County in here are a little surprising. I found the latter to be light years ahead in just about every aspect. 

On 30/04/2021 at 14:40, Simmy said:

Speaking of achievements - is there any games recommended right now in Game Pass that are like "story" games where I can systematically work through a guide to get achievements for the weeklies?

Worked brilliantly with Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle... But I am a bit stuck, now. Any recommendations?

If you're just after achievements, have you done the Killer Instinct ones? You get one for winning a single fight, one for winning a survival fight and one for winning 2-3 fights with each character. There's approaching 30 characters and you can literally just button mash your way to wins (on easy), so it's kept me in three weekly achievements for some time now. 

Just Cause 4 is proper bobbins. Probably my most disappointing sequel from the last gen. 

Been wanting to give Outlast 2 a go. 

3 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Just Cause 4 is proper bobbins. Probably my most disappointing sequel from the last gen. 

The 3rd was crud too to be fair. Remember how awfully it ran on consoles? I was furious - it was a slideshow often.

6 minutes ago, Simmy said:

The 3rd was crud too to be fair. Remember how awfully it ran on consoles? I was furious - it was a slideshow often.

Never bothered me. I completed it on both PS4 and Xbox One. 

Just Cause 3 is a good game ruined by framerate issues but runs smoothly on s and x. It'd be an obvious contender for fps boost. 

Just Cause 4 is wank. 

Yes Just Cause 3 was awesome and had some utterly bonkers DLC too with jetpacks and turbo powered kill boats. Clearing the whole island village by village was loads of fun.

I thought JC4 biggest mistake was the games progression system, which was completely different for no reason at all and worked far worse.

2 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Outlast 2 is terrifying, quite comfortably the most harrowing game I’ve ever played, and that’s a recommendation btw. It makes the latest Resident Evils look like Luigi’s Mansion. 

Just now, Stanley said:

Don’t quite understand why Alan Wake is leaving considering it was an Xbox first party exclusive. 

1 hour ago, Mortis said:

Published by MS on Xbox but owned by remedy 

Doesn't the publisher call the shots?  Remedy may own the IP, which would preclude anyone making another game, but as Publisher, Microsoft own that title, can give it away for free, can never sell it if they choose to, etc.  Remedy have been paid up and have no say over the specific game Alan Wake for Xbox360/PC anymore. 

15 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

Doesn't the publisher call the shots?  Remedy may own the IP, which would preclude anyone making another game, but as Publisher, Microsoft own that title, can give it away for free, can never sell it if they choose to, etc.  Remedy have been paid up and have no say over the specific game Alan Wake for Xbox360/PC anymore. 

I remember something about Remedy acquiring the publishing rights at some point. Didn't they even disappear from the store while that was being sorted?

Huh, that's a surprise, I stand corrected. I wonder why Microsoft gave up the publishing rights, assuming they did and it wasn't a situation where the rights transfer if the IP hasn't been used for X amount of time.

8 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

Huh, that's a surprise, I stand corrected. I wonder why Microsoft gave up the publishing rights, assuming they did and it wasn't a situation where the rights transfer if the IP hasn't been used for X amount of time.

I think it was maybe during the time they decided they didn’t need any games and were going all-in on TV and Kinect?