Xbox Game Pass

Harsin

16 hours ago, BubbleFish said:

Solo is tough, particularly Venice... Definitely a much better cooperative than single player game.

I didn't struggle too much with Venice but got into a bad situation at the end of the Trouble At The Zoo level on the Zombie Zoo mission in Croatia. I entered the final section of the level with no medi kits left and about 20% health. I then had to fill up a blood fountain, within seconds the small circular area started filling up with many zombies. I was getting hit with green zombie goop from all directions and then 5 suiciders started to chase me down, then 2 flamers and a gunner zombie and some giants thrown in. It was absolute chaos. I died many times and entered my own deathloop. ;) After close to about fifty (yeah fifty!) restarts I finally managed to survive the initial onslaught and successfully take down the gunner and use his weapon against the horde. I'm glad the restart times were pretty much instant else I wouldn't have had the perseverance to get through it. It probably wouldn't have been so bad if I'd gone into the final section with max health and in hindsight it would have been quicker to restart the entire level. :blink:

Does anyone know if the Xbox Live to Game Pass Ultimate thing still works for new/lapsed Gold subscribers? Mate of mine just bought a Series S, so want to help him get the best GPU deal. Thanks in advance :)

23 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Does anyone know if the Xbox Live to Game Pass Ultimate thing still works for new/lapsed Gold subscribers? Mate of mine just bought a Series S, so want to help him get the best GPU deal. Thanks in advance :)

Full details in first post, dude. Short version: Buy 3 years of gold for as cheap as possible, convert to UGP for 99p if new or £10.99 if you've used the deal before.

10 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Full details in first post, dude. Short version: Buy 3 years of gold for as cheap as possible, convert to UGP for 99p if new or £10.99 if you've used the deal before.

Hero, thanks man. I completely forgot to check the first post :facepalm:

My Son's MS account is part of my Family account setup on our Xbox. I have a GPU sub that we can all use. He's just installed the Xbox app on his PC (which he signs into using his MS account) and logged into it using his MS account and it's not recognising that he has access to Gamepass through it.

Do I need to log into the PC app with my account in order for him to be able to use it? And if I do that, can he still then switch it over to his account rather than have to use mine on it?

Is this one of the many foibles of the PC app I keep reading about?

There is some work around involving logging in on the windows store with your account and then logging the other gamer tag in on the Xbox app that supposedly works but your mileage may vary

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/microsoft/comments/c0eswn/xbox_game_pass_pc_family_share/

I certainly don’t think sharing is intended to work on PC Gamepass 

I'm currently signed up for Gamepass Ultimate (after buying some passes online its upgraded my Gamepass from PC to Ultimate). Anyhoo... I bought a Series X pad for the PC the other day and its come with a 14 days free code. There's nothing to say its a 14 day trial, just "Redeem code for 14 days free". If I try and redeem this code it states its for new members only (again nada saying this on the card itself).

Any way I can use this for my existing account or is it just for new customers? I'd not be that arsed but there is sod all to say its a 14 day trail/ new customer offer. 

cheers. 

5 hours ago, Dudley said:

Yeah, there's no sense of a "Primary PC" like there is console.  I could be wrong but I think any PC has to be signed in.

Actually, there is. 

8 hours ago, christaylor said:

My Son's MS account is part of my Family account setup on our Xbox. I have a GPU sub that we can all use. He's just installed the Xbox app on his PC (which he signs into using his MS account) and logged into it using his MS account and it's not recognising that he has access to Gamepass through it.

Do I need to log into the PC app with my account in order for him to be able to use it? And if I do that, can he still then switch it over to his account rather than have to use mine on it?

Is this one of the many foibles of the PC app I keep reading about?

Login to his windows store app with your account, enable ‘offline permissions’, logout and let him log back in with his account. You can now both use one Game Pass subscription. 

Note: This doesn’t work for EA Access, due to the way account linking works.

On 26/02/2021 at 17:48, Timmo said:

Have you played it? There's about 4 polygons on screen. 

Just for future reference, this is 4 polygons:

4polygons.jpg.e5a820ad6271771c083d53801189dd98.jpg

Superhot uses massively more. I'm not saying it's pushing the envelope, but you know - there's a bit of a difference.

EDIT: Just realised this was a response to an old post. Would not have bothered if I'd known.

On 13/04/2021 at 10:23, shirubagan said:

Can confirm still works BTW, if anyone's sub is close to lapsing.

14 hours ago, MarkN said:

Just for future reference, this is 4 polygons:

Imagine four polygons on the edge of a screen. Say a direct copy of the ball nearest the edge of the screen is sent to the back of the line of polygons and takes the place of the first polygon. The formerly first polygon becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the screen.

Time works the same way.

Deleted Zombie Army. Definitely not a game for solo players which I wasn't aware of going in - I assume that you can revive other players if you're playing co-op? Because the checkpoints when you're low on health are brutal and put me in some impossible siutations.

32 minutes ago, Quest said:

Would it be fun for a young kid to mess around with? It caught my daughter's eye a few weeks ago and she keeps asking if it's out. 

It starts off child friendly enough but things are becoming a bit darker in nature. For example I burned down a kids campsite, fed a sheep to a bear, electrocuted people  etc. There’s also plenty of innuendo. 

Has she played Donut County? That is very similar