Xbox Game Pass

56 minutes ago, Pob said:

I liked Deliver Us The Moon. If you liked hard sci-fi stories and space vistas then you'll probably enjoy it. It does well at conjuring up the awe, loneliness and danger of atmosphere-less environments. Kind of like a game version of Ad Astra. The plot is decent and I liked that it kept changing up the gameplay. It's miles better than Call of the Sea, I reckon.

Someone mentioned a Series X upgrade being on the cards, though, which is sorely needed in my opinion. It feels choppy and would really benefit from a boost.

I agree completely with this, especially the Ad Astra comment, as there's a moment that brilliantly captures the loneliness of the environment which definitely felt like a scene from Ad Astra. I also think it was much, much better than Call of the Sea, both from storytelling and gameplay perspectives.

I've already played a massive chunk on 360, and then again on PS4. I'd like to play it some more when the next-gen upgrade is released but no-way I'm doing that progress for a third time.

GTA V, sweet!  Does the Xbox One version look significantly better than the 360 version? (which is the only one I've played)

I gather it's not Series-enhanced, but did it get a One X enhancement?

I bought GTA 5 in a sale a few years back and never got in with it, much like 4. The heyday of GTA for me was San Andreas, nothing comes close to topping that experience.

On 05/04/2021 at 06:30, Mr. Gerbik said:

And also, even though this is an Xbox thread it's only fair to point out that Miles Morales is an amazing game. It's a lot of fun, it's better than its predecessor (less padding, superior main character), and it looks spectacular on PS5. On performance mode at 60FPS it's the most impressive looking game yet, the one that I use to show off my new consoles and the CX. 

Xbox should counter with Hulk Ultimate Destruction 2. You know, like the Xbox he's green and the strongest of all. That game on current consoles with the kind of destruction the CPU Series X/S can pump out would be incredible.

I'm with you apart from thinking the main character is superior. I just find him bloody annoying.

Back to gamepass talk - cant believe how amazing Halo 4 and Sniper Elite 4 look on my series X. 

On 05/04/2021 at 10:45, Wahwah* said:

How many consoles of each are being delivered to shops? 

I'm not saying you're wrong,  but if they're both out of stock and neither have reported how many they've sold,  how do we know? I just don't know how you can be so sure?

I'd assume Ps5 is outselling Xbox just based on momentum from last gen to be honest.  I'll be gobsmacked to learn that MS have outsold Sony in the first year. 

Lifetime of the consoles, I'd expect Ps5 to outsell MS. They're just so far ahead in lots of important territories.

10 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

I'd assume Ps5 is outselling Xbox just based on momentum from last gen to be honest.  I'll be gobsmacked to learn that MS have outsold Sony in the first year. 

Lifetime of the consoles, I'd expect Ps5 to outsell MS. They're just so far ahead in lots of important territories.

I'm definitely not saying you're wrong, that is definitely the most obvious and most likely outcome. I'm not questioning that Sony aren't most likely to both retain the lead OR that they're not the most in demand OR that they haven't sold the most, I am saying that you can't say any of those things definitely, which is what is being said. Where are the sales numbers? In some places the dominance that Sony have means their lead is unassailable, Microsoft absolutely cannot be expected to outsell them.  I mean, if you look at some places, like India for example, Sony say they have over 90% of the console market there, that's crazy.

And yet, which console was the best selling console last month in India?

https://in.ign.com/india/157095/news/xbox-series-s-x-india-sales-best-selling-ps4-ps5-restock

11 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Ad Astra was a terrible film too! 

The zombie army games are a spin off of sniper elite, are they anywhere near as good as SE4? 

They're very straightforward linear shooty pew pew bang boom games, no stealth or anything. Also depends on your tolerance foe Zombies and boss fights. The first 3 were very mediocre but this one is glorious dumb fun.

7 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

They're very straightforward linear shooty pew pew bang boom games, no stealth or anything. Also depends on your tolerance foe Zombies and boss fights. The first 3 were very mediocre but this one is glorious dumb fun.

Sometimes that's exactly what I want to play. Looking forward to trying it out. 

Might be worth pointing out that when GTA5 and RDR2 were last on the service they came off very quickly. I think maybe 3-4 months which is by far the shortest any games have stayed on. So I wouldn't let GTA5 sit there for ages if you do fancy playing it.

21 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

Totally. MS has no real presence in Japan. In 2015 I went to a Tokyo store there and this was their Xbox section:

TR6XM9D1UoME219wkv--IuTU8LY-zOd9UaTc-n_Z

In contrast, this was their PS Vita section:

Vx8Kll4YOOj8OEgifTBP2gQ9WtwMZmTuZt8ymsaP

And their Wii U section:

4zizA1LNN2BtJxl5lotKhfwmpMERU4WOStGe1U4D

MS will never get the most sales with one huge territory not buying their consoles. If we were in the SEGA/Nintendo days this might matter, but right now we have all three main consoles backed by companies with a lot of cash and seemingly all keen to remain in the market.

17 minutes ago, Majora said:

Might be worth pointing out that when GTA5 and RDR2 were last on the service they came off very quickly. I think maybe 3-4 months which is by far the shortest any games have stayed on. So I wouldn't let GTA5 sit there for ages if you do fancy playing it.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is a Trojan Horse for their next gen update. Get even more people on board with Game Pass, then make the Series X version a paid upgrade or totally separate game.

1 hour ago, sandman said:

I'm with you apart from thinking the main character is superior. I just find him bloody annoying.

I might be taking the comics and movie into account also without realizing it :)