Xbox Game Pass

2 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Reveal hidden contents

I mean the scope you use to house upgrades, which is required to properly enter.  It's hidden in the toilets you think you can't access underneath a floor and 2 rooms over in a dangerous looking underground section concealed in someone's corpse.

There's no indication it's even in that area so you could well end up trying places like your office and the medical bay first assuming you missed it early on.

I'm not ashamed to say I looked it up. Maybe I missed some obvious clue.

Ah right gotcha, yeah, I instinctively explored that area, I think in part to escape the phantoms in that area. 

9 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Why is the MLB The Show thing such big news? It's not a Sony property so there's no crossing of the lines going on, and the MLB themselves announced the game would be multiplatform from this year back in December 2019: https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-mlbpa-sony-extend-video-game-partnership

Obviously going Game Pass on day 1 is a surprise, though.

It’s developed by a first party studio owned by Sony.

5 minutes ago, SaintAnselm said:

It’s developed by a first party studio owned by Sony.

:blush: Oops, so it is.

Regardless, it was still announced nearly 18 months ago that this was happening, so it shouldn't be such a big shock.

It's the fact that a Sony developed game, which was previously PlayStation only, is not only coming to Xbox but will be 'free' day 1 on Gamepass while Sony's actual customers will have to pay full price to play it day one.

Sony haven't really done anything wrong and I doubt they had much say in the Gamepass deal as that was likely between MS and MLB. But the optics of Xbox owners getting a Sony developed game 'free' while PS owners pay full price isn't exactly great. It was a very shrewd move by MS.

First shock was back when they announced a first part Sony studio would be making an Xbox game. This was followed by a far bigger shock that this Sony game would be day one "free" on game pass while still 70 bucks on PS5.

All we need now is the reveal that it actually runs better on Series X than PS5 for a perfect 3 out of 3 scanners.jpg.

Its big news because of a very vocal minority of PS fans on the youtubes and twatters who spend all day everyday hating anything and everything Xbox and this news along with numerous other Sony related announcements this year, has made them turn on the Multicorp they fight for.

1 hour ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Its big news because of a very vocal minority of PS fans on the youtubes and twatters who spend all day everyday hating anything and everything Xbox and this news along with numerous other Sony related announcements this year, has made them turn on the Multicorp they fight for.

How dare that multicorp not appreciate their efforts as soldiers in the war against Xbox, and just ignore their expert advices. Sony has lost their way and therefore their honor, which is the most important thing in Japan by the way.

35 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

This was a reply to a tweet about the games that you can no longer buy anywhere when the stores close

1608641176_Screenshot_20210404-1857212.thumb.jpg.f37c3ff52ecbbbd31018f71526570968.jpg

Jesus fucking wept.

He's right though, whenever I buy a new headset I don't want to listen to my old music anymore. I used to throw away my old tapes and CDs, nowadays I delete my Spotify playlists. No music made before this year allowed! Give me new shit, stop going backwards. 

The PS5 is hardly any better. A game that's 10 years old, and a 5 hour spider man.

It's shocking how few games both consoles have. Back compatibility has become a big crutch for both and remasters have gone from £30 curiosities to highly anticipated releases. 

2 minutes ago, Timmo said:

The PS5 is hardly any better. A game that's 10 years old, and a 5 hour spider man.

It's shocking how few games both consoles have. Back compatibility has become a big crutch for both. 

Get used to it we are living through a pandemic, Nintendo are the same, it’s going to be like this for a while. 

5 minutes ago, Timmo said:

It's shocking how few games both consoles have. Back compatibility has become a big crutch for both and remasters have gone from £30 curiosities to highly anticipated releases. 

Last generation, it’s my recollection that there was nothing to play till around the time that Destiny came out...so around one year after launch. And that’s with NO BC or anything like that. Instead you had remasters you could buy again. 

10 hours ago, Stanley said:

I don’t want to try and tell you how to play it because that goes against their (Arkane) entire ethos and philosophy, but, why not try turning the objective markers off and just try exploring? I did this when I found myself relying on the hud too much. Just do whatever you feel like because there are no punishments really, you won’t be short of items and resources. 

That's good because right now I absolutely am short of resources. Story mode doesn't actually seem to make anything easier but stops your health declining so quick, and I'm criminally short of both health and bullets.

I'm imagining it's a little like Borderlands where early on you could get the same impression then the powers kick in and you don't look back.

You're right though, the reason I'm playing it is it's a world worth seeing.  Like Control, so far (and I'm absolutely accepting I'm early), the "game" part isn't up to that standard.

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

This was a reply to a tweet about the games that you can no longer buy anywhere when the stores close

1608641176_Screenshot_20210404-1857212.thumb.jpg.f37c3ff52ecbbbd31018f71526570968.jpg

Jesus fucking wept.

The thing is, we have ABSOLUTELY no idea how these consoles will sell.  Right now both are, and have always been supply gated.  We'll know nothing until stock can sit in a shop unbought overnight.

45 minutes ago, Dudley said:

The thing is, we have ABSOLUTELY no idea how these consoles will sell.  Right now both are, and have always been supply gated.  We'll know nothing until stock can sit in a shop unbought overnight.

That does seem to be the prevailing thought on other forums, twitter etc.  That Sony are dramatically outselling xbox.

I guess if we had some games that only ran on next gen we could see how they chart, but gamepass (and digital figures not being released?) Would scupper that. 

I assume that we won't know until someone announces reaching a milestone.

Ps5 is selling better but as said, it doesn't mean much just now because none are in stock for more than a few minutes at a time. 

We have three great platforms to choose from just now (when you can get them), don't know why some people (and the worst of them seem to be literally flagwaving Sony fans) are so defensive about stuff like this. 

What's more interesting about Deathloop is whether it comes to PC Gamepass on day one.

We know it's on PC the same day as PS5, but that Sony paid for a year-long console exclusive.

But does that keep it from game pass PC?

So far the answer is unclear.

2 hours ago, deerokus said:

Ps5 is selling better but as said, it doesn't mean much just now because none are in stock for more than a few minutes at a time. 

We have three great platforms to choose from just now (when you can get them), don't know why some people (and the worst of them seem to be literally flagwaving Sony fans) are so defensive about stuff like this. 

I think the clear thing is that they are all selling well. There might be more demand for the PS5 but there is certainly enough demand for the Xbox consoles as well, probably moreso than there was before.

The Pandemic and lockdowns has really focused people on immediate and accessible entertainment at home and gaming fits that slot perfectly.

5 hours ago, Timmo said:

Miles Morales took me 20hrs and with NG+ and Ultimate difficulty to go probably another 5 to 10 to Platinum so there’s plenty game to be had if you want it. I wish more games were as focused with little filler, padding games to double the length doesn’t make them better games (see original Spider-Man).

And also, even though this is an Xbox thread it's only fair to point out that Miles Morales is an amazing game. It's a lot of fun, it's better than its predecessor (less padding, superior main character), and it looks spectacular on PS5. On performance mode at 60FPS it's the most impressive looking game yet, the one that I use to show off my new consoles and the CX. 

Xbox should counter with Hulk Ultimate Destruction 2. You know, like the Xbox he's green and the strongest of all. That game on current consoles with the kind of destruction the CPU Series X/S can pump out would be incredible.

You might just about get 20 hours out of Miles Morales if you do all the thrilling filler sidequests like 'rescue my cat' and 'what is making this strange noise?!'

I don't normally subscribe to the view that length is all that important either but the campaign in MM is so short yet so very familiar that my main feelings while playing it were deja vu followed by 'wow that was quick'.

Got to play more of The Medium last night, I’m really enjoying it, some of the puzzles are proper head scratchers. Really creepy too with some strong Silent Hill vibes but with Bloober Team’s own style mixed in. 

12 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

That does seem to be the prevailing thought on other forums, twitter etc.  That Sony are dramatically outselling xbox.

I guess if we had some games that only ran on next gen we could see how they chart, but gamepass (and digital figures not being released?) Would scupper that. 

I assume that we won't know until someone announces reaching a milestone.

Oh the PS5 is absolutely outselling Xbox.

But all that tells you is a minimum demand for both consoles.  Not what they could be selling.

31 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Oh the PS5 is absolutely outselling Xbox.

But all that tells you is a minimum demand for both consoles.  Not what they could be selling.

How many consoles of each are being delivered to shops? 

I'm not saying you're wrong,  but if they're both out of stock and neither have reported how many they've sold,  how do we know? I just don't know how you can be so sure?

1 minute ago, Wahwah* said:

How many consoles of each are being delivered to shops? 

I'm not saying you're wrong,  but if they're both out of stock and neither have reported how many they've sold,  how do we know? I just don't know how you can be so sure?

At best it would tell us that Sony is able to make more PS5 than Microsoft can pump out Series consoles.

CEX currently charge £680 for a second hand PS5 and £600 for a Series X, which suggests demand for PS5 is definitely greater.  Although I think a month or so back they were trying to charge £800 for the PS5, so demand clearly was not that much greater.