Xbox Game Pass

7 hours ago, cultofweaver said:

For some reason my Dad has begun religiously watching Neighbours now he is 84 and waiting for death.

Toadie is now a solicitor and was defending the teenager who got caught disposing of drugs she found at her boyfriend's party by the local cop who lives next door and arrested her for trafficking because it was above the limit for possession BUT then Karl (who is also still in it), who is the girl's grandad had a word with his new wife who runs the spa who spoke to the desk sergeant who then got her released which raised the suspicions of the cop who arrested her that something dodgy was going on, and THEN the wife of the sergeant came to Karl's hotel for a spa treatment and wanted it free which makes the whole thing look dodgy and the episode ended with Karl's wife telling him that she "Has accidentally bribed a police officer". I don't know what happened after that.

The last time I visited my parents Denise Van Outen was in it, and she was fucking dreadful. 

One of the adverts during it was for a service for old people to register their cats with so they can be rescued when you die and get left to be eaten by your cat. This suggests that my Dad is not the only old person watching this shit and that this is their intended audience.

My Mum thinks it is rubbish. Bare in mind she has Dementia and is barely cognizant of the real world so you can imagine how shit it is.

My dad is 77 and gets pissed off if I visit or phone when it's on :D

I haven't been watching Neighbours but The Touryst is rather fantastic so far.  Well, until my daughter saw me playing it and asked for a go.  Not been able to go near the PC or Xbox since and I'd only got up to the 2nd island. <_<

I don't know if I'd say it's fantastic but The Touryst is pretty nice and chill. I tried the Switch demo a while back and this version, unsurprisingly, looks much better and cleaner because of the higher res and anti-aliasing.

It's quite simple but it's one of those game worlds where it's just pleasant to potter around in the sun-drenched calm. That is until you get to the arcade subquest which is pretty damn hard. 

24 minutes ago, Majora said:

I don't know if I'd say it's fantastic but The Touryst is pretty nice and chill. I tried the Switch demo a while back and this version, unsurprisingly, looks much better and cleaner because of the higher res and anti-aliasing.

It's quite simple but it's one of those game worlds where it's just pleasant to potter around in the sun-drenched calm. That is until you get to the arcade subquest which is pretty damn hard. 

Yeah, it's pretty much what I needed to break a games-free spell I'd been having. Relaxing to play, lovely to look at and can be played in little chunks every night. Downloaded Subnautica and Observation last night as I've heard they're decent as well.

4 hours ago, Majora said:

I discovered the (seemingly) endless mine the other night on the rainy island. Got to about floor 7 before giving it up for the night. Died many a time towards the bottom of shaft 5 as the prospective can make it a little difficult to judge where you are going to land sometimes.

I do love how there are so many little Side questy puzzles in this (that you don't necessarily have to do to progress). Great little gem of a game.

I'm enjoying The Touryst but will say that some of the jumping is frustrating. Yes resets are pretty quick (maybe not quite fast enough - there's this short pause before your guy respawns when falling off the screen that winds me up when I'm fucking up the same jump of the 10th time). I've done two temples so far and looking forward to continue exploring.

I'm going to be getting this later today when I pick up my X.

Anything on this I should seek out? I prefer single player games but also couch coop and online coop.

What are the best games on it? Bearing in mind I've not had an Xbox this gen.

A Plague Tale: Innocence is one of the better single player games on the service. I had a great time with it and bagged all of the achievements without too much difficulty.

• Upvote 2
48 minutes ago, Lovelyman said:

Anything on this I should seek out? I prefer single player games but also couch coop and online coop.

Forza Horizon 3.

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, Lovelyman said:

Before you get it, be mindful that there is a deal that lets you upgrade any Xbox Live Gold time you have bought to Game Pass Ultimate for £1.

So you'll want to buy at least one year of Xbox Live Gold and then use that deal to stack Game Pass Ultimate time.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Lovelyman said:

35 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Before you get it, be mindful that there is a deal that lets you upgrade any Xbox Live Gold time you have bought to Game Pass Ultimate for £1.

So you'll want to buy at least one year of Xbox Live Gold and then use that deal to stack Game Pass Ultimate time.

What Issac said. It's an amazingly good deal and with the Gold stacking you can get it for up to 36 months. Yup 36 months of Game Pass Ultimate for £1!?!? Honestly it's the best gaming deal I've ever seen by quite some margin!!! 

As for games, well you're really going to be spoiled for choice but there is one which I've been ploughing a load of time into of late that seems to have flown under so many peoples radars which is Remnant: from the ashes. It's brilliant!! 

:).

• Upvote 2
27 minutes ago, Lovelyman said:

Is it better than 4?

If you're playing with others 4 is definitely the one to go for, and it's a real looker too. But 3's got the better location/structure for single play. 

2 hours ago, reef said:

A Plague Tale: Innocence is one of the better single player games on the service. I had a great time with it and bagged all of the achievements without too much difficulty.

I've just downloaded this. I made the mistake of starting Yakuza 0 though :P

25 minutes ago, Lovelyman said:

Is it better than 4?

25 minutes ago, Lovelyman said:

Is it better than 4?

I much preferred it. I just found the setting to be more entertaining, and more varied. The UK setting of FH4 (even with the changing seasons) just never really grabbed me despite (or because of) the novelty of the familiar setting. FH4 also seemed far worse for overloading the map with endless missions/objectives/races/etc and all with virtually no structure. End result was I was bored of it within 4 or 5 months rather than three times that for it's predecessor. The DLC packs were both great, with the Lego one being a highlight especially as it offered a slightly more structured approach but, equally, the FH3 DLC is also top quality.

I suppose, having played FH3 off and on for 18 months or so, I was probably  burned out by the time FH4 was released.  Either way I'm in no rush for FH5 but, obviously, will still play it to death.

Both are immense fun though and far, far more entertaining than the dry, dullness of the circuit Forza games. Them, and the brilliant but sadly overlooked, Onrush have been, along with MK8,  my favourite racing games of the generation.

• Upvote 1

You're right in that the Lego DLC is the best bit of FH4.

If they made a full Lego Forza game with brick-level customisation (building your own cars for example) I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Isaac said:

You're right in that the Lego DLC is the best bit of FH4.

If they made a full Lego Forza game with brick-level customisation (building your own cars for example) I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

brb, playing Lego Racers on the N64...

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, strider said:

I've just downloaded this. I made the mistake of starting Yakuza 0 though :P

Plague Tale is absolutely fantastic. It doesn't set the world on fire for gameplay, but it's such a well put-together package, and it's absolutely gorgeous on PC.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Meh said:

Plague Tale is absolutely fantastic. It doesn't set the world on fire for gameplay, but it's such a well put-together package, and it's absolutely gorgeous on PC.

Seconded, I loved playing through it. Fantastic game and wonderfully different. Note that it also looks gorgeous on the One X.

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, Lovelyman said:

I'd say Dip in and try a bit of anything that takes your fancy. The range is so broad now that you might discover a whole genre you didn't know you liked. 

The Surge 2 is another good soulslike. Much better than the subpar first game. 

• Upvote 1

Imagine my delight when I clicked on the latest page and the first seven posts were about Neighbours :lol:

I’ll also echo the sentiment that Plague Tale is a good game, loved my time with it and it looks gorgeous.

• Upvote 1