rllmuk
Harsin

Xbox Game Pass

5 minutes ago, womble9 said:

IIRR the developers just stared that it wasn’t coming then (when it was spoken about it was as if it was imminent) which left people saying that it was penned in to happen at some point. Most likely it’ll be the day after you buy it!! 

That's probably quite likely seeing as I bought Alan Wake from Steam this morning a few hours before the GP announcement was made. Granted, it only cost me £1.50, but still.

I think I'll just leave it for now and try to get through some of my never-ending list.

8 minutes ago, womble9 said:

IIRR the developers just stared that it wasn’t coming then (when it was spoken about it was as if it was imminent) which left people saying that it was penned in to happen at some point. Most likely it’ll be the day after you buy it!! 

Then it turned up on PSNow. 

Anyone knows any good deals on gold and game pass at the moment?

Both of mine run out today and I'm not seeing any decent offers at my usual places :(

11 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

Then it turned up on PSNow. 

That's a good point actually, I think it goes off there August, so if it's going on XGP, it's probably going to be when that happens.

Crusader Kings III coming to Game Pass day one in September.

• Upvote 2

On PC. It’s an interesting one because you’d have thought Paradox would rake it in, but I suppose it’s the definition of a long tail game that really needs a giant demo to expand out of its existing market.

33 minutes ago, Arn Ironjaw said:

Is that xbox live gold included as well?

Is that how this all works?

I believe it converts to 2 months ultimate if that's what you mean (gold+game pass) 

• Upvote 1

No, you need ultimate to get gold (and also access to PC games) included. 

If you’ve not had Game Pass before then the “Mega Gaming Deal of The Century” deal is still running whereby you take out a Gold subscription and then take the Game Pass ultimate trial (priced at a mere £1) and it then converts whatever length of Gold that you’ve got (up to a max of 36 months) into gold for that single measley quid that you gave them. Crazy crazy value IMO!! 

Personally I love GP, with it having introduced me to some cracking games that I’d have otherwise never bothered with :)

The Lego Ninjago Movie game is currently listed as free. Says it's a Game Pass title on the listing but it isn't in the GP app and hasn't been announced as far as I'm aware, so could be a mistake.

• Upvote 2

Ah, I think it's that it's currently available to buy for free, even without a Game Pass sub. Probably a mistake.

• Upvote 2

FFIX is a fantastic game, the FF swansong for the PsOne. It's not taking itself seriously, which is wonderful. And the draw-mechanic from FFVIII is gone. 

And isn't the tetra card game considered to be very good (never really got into it).

Anyway, I got 3 hours into this yesterday evening, which is quite unheard of for me. Proper throw-back to younger days :-)

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Arn Ironjaw said:

Is that xbox live gold included as well?

Is that how this all works?

As said, if you already have Ultimate it will convert to 2 more months.

8 hours ago, womble9 said:

No, you need ultimate to get gold (and also access to PC games) included. 

If you’ve not had Game Pass before then the “Mega Gaming Deal of The Century” deal is still running whereby you take out a Gold subscription and then take the Game Pass ultimate trial (priced at a mere £1) and it then converts whatever length of Gold that you’ve got (up to a max of 36 months) into gold for that single measley quid that you gave them. Crazy crazy value IMO!! 

Personally I love GP, with it having introduced me to some cracking games that I’d have otherwise never bothered with :)

I've already done the £1 Ultimate trial on PC (it's what I'm using at the moment as I've only just signed up). Can I still do this?

2 hours ago, p b said:

FFIX is a fantastic game, the FF swansong for the PsOne. It's not taking itself seriously, which is wonderful. And the draw-mechanic from FFVIII is gone. 

And isn't the tetra card game considered to be very good (never really got into it).

Anyway, I got 3 hours into this yesterday evening, which is quite unheard of for me. Proper throw-back to younger days :-)

For me it reminded me that cutscenes haven't always been a dull chore. These ones are proper good and I look forward to them!

8 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

I've already done the £1 Ultimate trial on PC (it's what I'm using at the moment as I've only just signed up). Can I still do this?

I think you might be out of luck. Friend was in the same situation and couldn't do it, but someone here might know a way.

26 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Not unless you change gamertag and start again.

5 hours ago, Nequests said:

Ah, I think it's that it's currently available to buy for free, even without a Game Pass sub. Probably a mistake.

Cheers. Just got this for my son free based on your post, says it's available for 1 more day if anyone else wants to grab it.

11 hours ago, footle said:

On PC. It’s an interesting one because you’d have thought Paradox would rake it in, but I suppose it’s the definition of a long tail game that really needs a giant demo to expand out of its existing market.

It's also likely to end up with about fifty paid expansions, so giving the base game away for free is probably quite smart.

CKII is the only Paradox game I've really got on with, so I can't wait for this.

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

Balls.

I'm pretty sure this works, someone plz confirm:

If you're on Xbox, you can simply create a new gamer tag, load that one up with 3 years Gold as cheap as you can find, convert the entire three years to Ultimate for £1, and then use your main account to play the games. The other account is just a dummy account for Ultimate benefits, your achievements and saves will all be tied to your main account that you play the games with.

Only drawback is that your main account can't use the Game Pass section on Xbox to browse and install games, you either search through the store and install from there or switch to the dummy account to browse Game Pass and install before switching back.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

If you're on Xbox, you can simply create a new gamer tag, load that one up with 3 years Gold as cheap as you can find, convert the entire three years to Ultimate for £1, and then use your main account to play the games. The other account is just a dummy account for Ultimate benefits, your achievements and saves will all be tied to your main account that you play the games with.

Only drawback is that your main account can't use the Game Pass section on Xbox to browse and install games, you either search through the store and install from there or switch to the dummy account to browse Game Pass and install before switching back.

Thanks but I don't actually own an XBOne, just a PC.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Will this work if I game share with my kids? My home xbox is theirs and vice versa. A 3rd dummy ultimate account on my box won't apply anything for them will it?

5 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Thanks but I don't actually own an XBOne, just a PC.

Oh sorry man, that won't work in that case :(

5 minutes ago, drewthmsn said:

Will this work if I game share with my kids? My home xbox is theirs and vice versa. A 3rd dummy ultimate account on my box won't apply anything for them will it?

That definitely won't work because that dummy account only works for them if their console is its home console. But you already game share by having set it as your home console. You can't set multiple main accounts per console, just the one.

The dummy account thing could work (someone plz confirm!) but only on that one console by itself. It might even have to be set as the main account to share its benefits to other accounts on that same console.

8 minutes ago, drewthmsn said:

Can't you do the £1 Ultimate deal on your kids' XBL account?

4 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

That definitely won't work because that dummy account only works for them if their console is its home console. But you already game share by having set it as your home console. You can't set multiple main accounts per console, just the one.

The dummy account thing could work (someone plz confirm!) but only on that one console by itself. It might even have to be set as the main account to share its benefits to other accounts on that same console.

Yep I thought so but thanks for replying. Might be time for them to have their own sub. And re-buy all the digital purchases they play...

12 minutes ago, Pob said:

Can't you do the £1 Ultimate deal on your kids' XBL account?

I was going to do that, give them 3 years worth etc. Then their mum did it for the benefit of 1 month last week. 

• Empathy 1