IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

Nobody is a much easier game to get started with but don't let the bright cartoony graphics fool you this is an ARPG with tons of depth and if you like the ping of achieving objectives this is for you. 
Deaths door I own but bounced off hard because it's almost as tough as a souls game but with classic 2d zelda structure.

Whatever one you choose though you're in for a treat.

3 hours ago, Mortis said:

Nobody is a much easier game to get started with but don't let the bright cartoony graphics fool you this is an ARPG with tons of depth and if you like the ping of achieving objectives this is for you. 
Deaths door I own but bounced off hard because it's almost as tough as a souls game but with classic 2d zelda structure.

Whatever one you choose though you're in for a treat.

Death's door is hard, really hard, but I've managed to make progress reasonably well. It certainly has its issues but I'll keep playing for now as I am enjoying it so far.

On 20/01/2022 at 13:52, Garwoofoo said:

Hitman Trilogy is up now.

Looks like it includes the standard editions of Hitman 1, 2 and 3 only. So it's missing (a) the two DLC levels for Hitman 2 and (b) the 7 Deadly Sins expansion for Hitman 3.

Of those - the two Hitman 2 levels are excellent and absolutely worth getting, though wait for a sale. 7 Deadly Sins is for completionists only.

Do you know if this syncs up with my progress of Hitman on Steam if I connect my Io account?

5 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

Do you know if this syncs up with my progress of Hitman on Steam if I connect my Io account?

Hitman 1 progress can’t be synced to Hitman 3 in any capacity. Hitman 2 progress can, but only on the same platform, and I think Steam, Epic and Game Pass are all effectively separate. Sadly I think you are out of luck. 

4 hours ago, Harsin said:

Downloaded both Death's Door and Nobody Saves the World, now doing this IRL trying decide which to play first.

spacer.png

I've not played NStW, but it sounds like a pretty different game from DD, and DD is brilliant.

Whynotboth.jpg

I imagine NStW would be good to play when you get to the bits in DD that you find difficult, but it's definitely not as hard as Dark Souls was the first time around. The checkpoints are a lot more generous, for one.

4 hours ago, Harsin said:

Downloaded both Death's Door and Nobody Saves the World, now doing this IRL trying decide which to play first.

spacer.png

Deaths Door is shorter and brilliant. 

NSTW I'm about 13 hours in and have a ton of stuff that do. Oh and it's fucking amazing. 

Where's best to start with Hitman? I played 2 on the PlayStation 4, did the opening level by the beach and the race track level, but I always found it a bit overwhelming and craved some more direction. I never really got how to play the game and sold it on in the end, but now it's on GP I'll give it another go and will try to see what the fuss is all about.

I'd say start with Hitman 1 from within H3, it took me a while to get to grips but the intro mission on 1 is actually really good and the number of different ways you can achieve your goal is just stunning. 
 That's really the point of the game, achieve objectives in any way possible but get more points at the end for doing it quietly or with huge amounts of style.

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

Where's best to start with Hitman? I played 2 on the PlayStation 4, did the opening level by the beach and the race track level, but I always found it a bit overwhelming and craved some more direction. I never really got how to play the game and sold it on in the end, but now it's on GP I'll give it another go and will try to see what the fuss is all about.

Check this post out: 

It was written when Hitman 2 came out but all the advice still applies in terms of how best to approach the game and get the most out of it. 

Start with Hitman 1 (which still has some of the best levels in the trilogy) and go from there. Hitman 2 and 3 are essentially full game-sized expansions to the first title, so it all combines to form one huge extravaganza of cold-blooded assassination.

36 minutes ago, pinholestar said:

Check this post out: 

It was written when Hitman 2 came out but all the advice still applies in terms of how best to approach the game and get the most out of it. 

Start with Hitman 1 (which still has some of the best levels in the trilogy) and go from there. Hitman 2 and 3 are essentially full game-sized expansions to the first title, so it all combines to form one huge extravaganza of cold-blooded assassination.

That's great, thanks. And thanks @Timmo, too.

2 hours ago, Uzi said:
3 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

Hitman 1 progress can’t be synced to Hitman 3 in any capacity. Hitman 2 progress can, but only on the same platform, and I think Steam, Epic and Game Pass are all effectively separate. Sadly I think you are out of luck. 

I should have said I'm playing Hitman 2 instead of 1. But looking at that guide, it looks like it's only PC to PC. 

I went Deaths Door in the end. Some really nice parts, but it's got the fractional heartpiece structure of Zelda which I very much dislike. Also, not really 'grabbed' by it yet, not that there's anything wrong with it per se, just feels a little aimless (could be because the maps feel quite repetitive). That said the combat feels nice, and every death has been my fault.

It was great to have a quick play on Hitman 3 again today, I bought it on release and no matter what I did I couldn't get it to recognise I'd bought all the relevant editions to give me access to all the previous levels in H3. 

They are all there now and I spent an hour or so having a great time in the Paris level. 

Sort of tempted to start another campaign of Hitman 1-3, having played through 1 in its entirety on Playstation, 2 on Steam, and then 3 on Playstation again. Weird to think this is the first time I've had access to the whole trilogy on a single platform (or, well, two platforms)!

On 06/09/2021 at 09:11, rgraves said:

Finished Omno last night - what a lovely little gem. Realy relaxing, not too taxing, looks lovely, and sounds lovely too.

It won't be for everyone, but I for one rather liked the short nature and 'ease' of it - each level was perfectly possible to 100% just playing normally without having to use a guide etc - it respected me by not being willfully obtuse with dozens of stupidly hidden bits and pieces, and I respect it in return. 

Picked this up and started playing on GamePass a few days back. Great game. Lovely visuals and music. It has a very Journey-esque feel about it. Essentially you could distil it down to a 3D platform puzzler... but what an experience. Makes a welcome change from over complex controls and shooting things. Yet another win for GamePass for me.

58 minutes ago, layten said:

Just seen a Taiko game is coming. I think I still have my OG plastic drum from the original PS2 game somewhere. Hopefully it'll work with my PS2 to USB adaptor. 

I have that drum! I never thought it might work. Let me know if it does. 

What’s the next big game on GP that we know about, or has a release date? Big as in Halo, Forza, Flight Sim, Psychonauts 2, Hades etc. 

The only one I can think of is Death Loop, but that’s still some time off (Sep?)

Microsoft seemed to be banking on the new Stalker game filling the first party gap but it got delayed until the end of the year. There's the Plague Tale sequel at some point but I think that just has a vague 2022 release date.

So yeah, as of right now it's Redfall in Summer.