PK

Hollow Knight - Soulsvania platformer

Getting tricky now, got the 

Spoiler

double jump

and I've got 3 or 4 bosses sitting that I can't beat. Need to be more patient and get hits where I can instead of flailing about and getting mashed.

Something terrible is happening in 

Spoiler

Forgotten Crossroads

This is the best looking game ever, the lighting is so atmospheric.

11 hours ago, timdp said:

I beat the Hollow Knight second try and am at 83% completion so far. Did I get well lucky?

Nah I beat him in a few goes at 85% completion too. Now you gotta go hunting for the extra stuff and uncover the real challenges!

When Silksong drops, will this thread be the appropriate place to discuss it rather than starting a new one?  It started life as DLC, so despite Team Cherry stating that it's ballooned to the size of a full game, I can't help still thinking of it as continuation of this game rather than as a new one.

19 minutes ago, Jarik said:

When Silksong drops, will this thread be the appropriate place to discuss it rather than starting a new one?  It started life as DLC, so despite Team Cherry stating that it's ballooned to the size of a full game, I can't help still thinking of it as continuation of this game rather than as a new one.

Theres already another thread.

4 hours ago, Naieve said:

Ah shite the wee 

Reveal hidden contents

Singing miner guy 

Devestating :(

Particular with the 

Spoiler

Unique wail she gives out should you strike her down. :(

Went back to this over the weekend and made pretty good progress! Fairly close to the end but have a ton of optional stuff to get done. I started this after chaining through all of the original series Mega Man games in a row so I was flying along, but having left for a while I found myself to be a bit rusty.

Did that one long room in Deepnest yesterday where you have to pogo on the top of a flying centipede thing whilst dodging spikes. Ugh. Got it done in the end but boy oh boy did it bring my Switch's wellbeing into jeopardy at times. Think I might activate the Grimm Troupe at some point and also keen on doing at least the Trial of the Conqueror so I can get the final upgrade for the nail.

Overall I've seriously enjoyed it. Some of it can be obnoxiously difficult at times, but almost all of it is the ol' chestnut of pattern recognition and practice. Don't think I am going to go for full completion (112% or whatever it is) but there's a lot left that I reckon I should have fun with :). Also, the music is ace.