JohnC

Castle Rock - Stephen King and JJ Abrams

5 hours ago, Professor Puzzles said:

I've binged this over the past few days and it's getting really good; and yes, episode seven is a fantastic piece of storytelling. Sissy Spacek knocks it out of the park!

She was amazing, wasn’t she? I couldn’t take my eyes off the screen and when it was over I was just staring at the credits while my brain was processing what I just saw.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Sartre84 said:

Isn't it exclusive to Hulu?

Hulu only operate in US and Japan, so their shows can be on other broadcasters elsewhere. 11.22.63 was on Fox in the UK. The Looming Tower is on Amazon outside the US, even though they are a streaming rival.

This is getting stronger and stronger. Ep 6 was a masterpiece, and 9 has thrown red herrings and plot twists around like confetti.

My biggest criticism is Bill Skarsgard. He looks like an Edvard Munch painting come to life. 

I thought this was pretty decent overall, surprised there's not been much chatter on here about it, particularly as there are a fair few King fans knocking about. I think it helps comparing it to absolute dross like The Mist tv show, maybe I'm being a bit more lenient than usual in that regard, but I'm really looking forward to the second series. 

Might be more chatter if anyone actually picks it up in the UK :(

Was hoping Fox would, as they did with 22.11.63, but there’s still no word yet.

On 08/09/2018 at 13:57, Scruff said:

My biggest criticism is Bill Skarsgard. He looks like an Edvard Munch painting come to life. 

That's a criticism? It's based on the works of Stephen King. Seems quite appropriate really.

I'm not gonna bother watching that as I'm a firm believer that if people didn't get the ending then it wasn't adequately explained. I've always felt that its a bit of a cop out to on the part of the creators to leave things that open to interpretation. It just ruined it for me. Ultimately it took a very long time indeed to get absolutely nowhere. It all just felt a bit lazy. 

I really wanted to like this show but it felt like a bit of a chore to watch from start to finish. The storyline failed to grab me as did any of the characters. 

Episode 9 was the only one that captured my interest but the final episode proved to be an anti climax.  

I'm not sure that there was much to interpret anyway, it was just a total dud of an ending to a fairly mediocre show.