rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2: still no word from Eris

Shaders were there in the collections tab, so maybe once unlocked (by getting one lot of shaders maybe) they're always there for you to get more of? Who knows.

It all looked so good. But then Deej opened his mouth and ruined it.

So pretty much par for the course for almost every Bungie stream I guess.

It was fine to begin with.  The vidoc was good "HERE'S SOME NEW SHIT".  They then announce a season pass for a DLC they just announced.  How tone deaf do you have to be?  They then spend most of the stream talking about stuff that was in D1 at some point (truimphs looks like the TTK quest page, most of the roadmap turning the game into D1 but keeping the shader system).  Plus Deej was evasive to the point you can pretty much guarantee there is no cutscenes and maybe no missions in the season pass DLC.  Didn't talk much about the weapon slot changes when people at E3 will be all over that shit.

Plus a High Moon dev was on the vidoc so they aren't even doing this all themselves.  I mean I'm still in as I enjoy playing the game, but fucking hell Bungie.

I watched the flashy video, then skipped through the deejgasm as briefly as possible. I'm definitely feeling some anticipation for it.

Gambit looked like PvP I might actually enjoy, I like the idea of flexible weapon slots, and an endgame area that evolves over time is interesting (if worrying, if I get left behind.)

I'm back in. I haven't handed any money over yet, though.

£35 is maybe fair enough if it's the size of TTK, but £60 is taking the piss a bit for the whole year 2 thing.  I won't be preordering though, it'll be a CDKeys PSN credit job maybe the week of release.

1 hour ago, Scruff said:

$70 for the expansion and 'annual pass'.

Yeah, not a chance.

The audacity to be so confident in your scientifically proven disappointment to charge that amount of money for unknown content boggles my mind. 

• Upvote 2

This annual pass is hopefully replacing the Eververse focus, which is what the community wanted, although maybe not like this.

They really need to get a handle on the whole "content" thing, despite all the moaning about Osiris and Warmind not fixing the issues, they were larger mid-year expansions than they'd managed in the past, and with previous expansions like the Taken King originally planning to include three new zones before two got cut late in development, I figured they'd actually be able to deliver on larger annual expansions this time. But no, we're still on one location, and now with no mid-year expansions.

Call me cynical, but I'm betting we'll hear those mid-year expansions were planned but cancelled, partly due to the response to the two so far, and partly because Activision don't expect to turn this around and have cut their losses.

Yeah I think I’m out. It’s just another way for them to charge people to keep playing Destiny, only from the sounds of it there won’t even be new places to explore. Still no sign of a new race, or any new story stuff. You know that they’ll lock you out of stuff from year one if you don’t pay but if you do what do you get? Something that’s maybe as good as D1 with less places to explore, less raids, less missions etc.

Remember when Eververse was going to pay for smaller content expansions? Now you pay for the expansion, and half the new stuff is in Eververse. And there’s a season pass for the DLC. They can fuck off.

• Upvote 2

The vidoc was hugely exciting and after watching that I was definitely back in. The new Gambit mode looks good, reminded me of Warzone from Halo 5.

Then the reveal cut to Deej and the 2 developers and it all fell apart a bit. The new codex and collections bit looked nice and I could feel my MMO-OCD itch being tickled but it all seemed massively unfinished, and they were reeeeeeallllllllly sketchy about which bits of what will be free to existing D2 owners and those who purchase the expansion.

Then to dangle a new season pass for the not yet released expansion with even fewer details of what you'll be getting but with Deej giving you a wink-wink that it'll be endgame stuff without the story just seemed weird - does this mean we won't be getting a Rise Of Iron like expansion??

Dunno, I kind of think at this point if you buy into D2 and these new expansions, you kind of know what you're getting. That's to say years of Bungie getting stuff horribly wrong and forever trying to fix it only to break other stuff. 

I'm on the fence. There's nothing quite like Destiny, but it sure does come with a lot of bullshit sometimes.

If you want to know which stuff will be available to excising D2 owners, the answer is none of it. This is the point where you either pay more or fuck off.

It’s absolutely insane to expect people to buy more expansions with no details about what they contain, like its fair to expect people to have faith in them after the absolute garbage they’ve provided with the D2 expansion. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Janski said:

I'm on the fence. There's nothing quite like Destiny, but it sure does come with a lot of bullshit sometimes.

I hope Anthem scratches that itch.

Gambit looked awful to me, can I just play it PVE and skip the sweaty PVP bit? Cayde being in the campaign is also ringing alarms bells of childish dialogue and light tone. 

How much of the  2.0.0 roadmap do you get without buying Forsaken?

No way I'm pre-ordering shit this time. I really was expecting them to call it Redemption and give it away free... shows how wrong I was.

Every time this thread gets bumped I have to check on the off chance something amazing has happened like they switched on the D1 servers and binned of the dire sequel, like an alcoholic I’m merely xxx days since my last raid and never cured...

Glad to see they are still a bunch of cockwombles making EA look like the good guys while they desperately back pedal to get them old addicts back.

Following years of strife, what remains of the Reef has fallen to lawlessness. You and Cayde-6 are sent to personally investigate the recent unrest. Upon arrival, you soon discover the most-wanted criminals in the Prison of Elders have organized an escape. Beyond the Vanguard’s authority, you’ll pursue these fugitives deep into the Reef. Explore new regions, awaken new powers, earn powerful weapons, and uncover long lost Awoken secrets. The hunt is on. · Hunt Down the 8 Barons and their Crew · Two New Destinations: The Tangled Shore and The Dreaming City · A Brand-New Raid · Introducing Gambit, a 4v4 Competitive PvE Mode · Wield New Powers with Nine Additional Supers · Collect New Exotic Weapons, Armor, and Gear · All-New Weapon Archetype, Legendary Bow · New Story Missions, Adventures, Destination Activities, and more

PRE-ORDER BOUNUS: CAYDE'S EXOTIC STASH - Ace of Spades Last Hand Exotic Ornament - Queen of Hearts Exotic Ship - Standoff Exotic Emote - Shades of Cayde-6 Armor Shaders

4 minutes ago, df0 said:

I hope Anthem scratches that itch.

Yep, keeping an eye on that. Hopefully EA have learnt from the Battlefront 2 price gouging fiasco. Likewise, there's the Division 2 next year.

Edit: 

image.png

£15 for some new things to do and chase every few months sounds okay to be honest. I mean don't we all just sprint through the story stuff so we can get to the meat of the thing, which is making a number go up and playing with purple guns? I was saying to Donut the other night that I've never understood why they never raise the Light cap in between expansions, this feels like a step towards that but with loot and content. Like, okay. 

36 minutes ago, Janski said:

it all seemed massively unfinished

Well, it is.

I haven't watched it yet admittedly, but it sounds like what I'd expect from Destiny: some stuff brilliant, some stuff overdue, some bullshit you wish wasn't in there, still a game you could happily play infinitely, and dear god will someone please fire DeeJ already.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Well, it is.

Obvs. But showing empty or placeholder menu screens after that cracking trailer seemed really odd.

1 minute ago, Janski said:

Obvs. But showing empty or placeholder menu screens after that cracking trailer seemed really odd.

But in the context of a studio that has previously been immensely secretive and is now trying to be more open, surely that's a good thing?

• Upvote 2

Potentially, but as someone that's followed World of Warcraft since the Vanilla Beta (seemed vaguely relevant because of Destiny resembling an MMO) when you hear so early about an upcoming system that the UI is still placeholder, you shouldn't pay too much attention to the details. It's very easy to say something you know will appease the fans without actually nailing anything concrete down. It will almost certainly change before it makes it to Live. 

• Upvote 1

The bit that made me laugh in that vidoc was when the game director was talking about the new area and described it as ‘a barren landscape, with tumbleweeds rolling past’.

Wow. That sounds fun.

Digital Deluxe Edition - £69.99. So Scruff was (sort of) right. I've made bold what the Digital Deluxe Edition has over just buying the Forsaken expansion and season pass.

Get the ultimate Destiny 2: Forsaken experience with the Digital Deluxe Edition. Includes a copy of Destiny 2: Forsaken, premium digital content and the Annual Pass to continue the hunt.

Pre-order and receive:

CAYDE'S EXOTIC STASH

- Ace of Spades Last Hand Exotic Ornament
- Queen of Hearts Exotic Ship
- Standoff Exotic Emote
- Shades of Cayde-6 Armour Shaders

Premium digital content:

THE AWOKEN LEGEND SET

- Wrath Majestic Legendary Bow Ornament
- Dirge Paladin Emblem
- Vestian Ghost Shell

Has anything been announced for an edition with Forsaken and the two prior expansions? I bailed out after finishing The Leviathan and didn't go for the Expansion pass, instead opting to wait and see after what The Dark Below brought us. Reviews didn't persuade me to pick up CoO or Warmind on their own, but I remember The Taken King launched with a version with all content so far, for about 30 quid. It would mean buying the base game again but it might still be cheaper than buying Forsaken and the two expansions separately?