Jump to content
rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep: undying | mind | the | step

Recommended Posts

I like the new weapon system. The crucible is better for it, no more sniper camping is a win for me. They’re still viable in PvE, as are fusions so I can’t see a down side. I use a slow, long distance auto in my kinetic slot and a fast firing auto in my energy slot in the crucible just now as it suits my play style. There much more load out options now.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sbrandon111 said:

I like the new weapon system. The crucible is better for it, no more sniper camping is a win for me. They’re still viable in PvE, as are fusions so I can’t see a down side. I use a slow, long distance auto in my kinetic slot and a fast firing auto in my energy slot in the crucible just now as it suits my play style. There much more load out options now.

it is miles better for crucible. remember shotgun blinking teleporting hunter blade-dancing lagging wankers?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not miles better, hence the current numbers in crucible, but carry on... What do I, and everyone who's stopped playing know.....

 

"Its miles better for me in crucible" would be a better thing to say, as you didnt like being sniped or shottied in the face multiple times. This is the real issue people had with the old system in PvP, and it was a minority, not the majority, but unfortunately the minority had the louder voice, and Bungie listened by the looks of it. Sadly, it means PvE had to suffer because of it as well.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do prefer 6v6 in crucible. Random perk rolls coming back would mean we have something to grind for in PvE again too. The big lure for me with destiny is getting guns in PvE and seeing how they are in PvP, finding that hidden gem that suits your play style. Snipers are fine in the power slot in my opinion, anything that can one hit kill should have limited availability. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

Its not miles better, hence the current numbers in crucible, but carry on... What do I, and everyone who's stopped playing know.....

 

"Its miles better for me in crucible" would be a better thing to say, as you didnt like being sniped or shottied in the face multiple times. This is the real issue people had with the old system in PvP, and it was a minority, not the majority, but unfortunately the minority had the louder voice, and Bungie listened by the looks of it. Sadly, it means PvE had to suffer because of it as well.

Yeh you're right Ben. I prefer it is more correct. But I certainly do by quite a bit. And I prefer 4v4 and static roles. I guess I am indeed in the minority going from online discussion. I kinda want them to change it at this point if it means more people will play it.

 

EDIT: on the other hand the slower supers and weaker grenade and melee was a fatal mistake as that is what made this game different. It's like Titanfall removing mechs from the game.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sbrandon111 said:

I like the new weapon system. The crucible is better for it, no more sniper camping is a win for me. They’re still viable in PvE, as are fusions so I can’t see a down side. I use a slow, long distance auto in my kinetic slot and a fast firing auto in my energy slot in the crucible just now as it suits my play style. There much more load out options now.

 

Removing three entire weapon types from being viable choices and replacing them with duplicates of other weapons does not create more options. There are substantially less options with the new system.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sbrandon111 said:

I do prefer 6v6 in crucible. Random perk rolls coming back would mean we have something to grind for in PvE again too. The big lure for me with destiny is getting guns in PvE and seeing how they are in PvP, finding that hidden gem that suits your play style. Snipers are fine in the power slot in my opinion, anything that can one hit kill should have limited availability. 

Except now, they dont 1 shot kill you, because a rocket is coming at you and kills you and anyone close to you as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

Except now, they dont 1 shot kill you, because a rocket is coming at you and kills you and anyone close to you as well.

Yeah, a lot less frequently than getting sniped from across the map. What I meant was that anything with the potential to one hit kill should be limited in use. Rockets, Fusions, Sniper head shots, all one hit kills. Snipers are still an option in D2. I don’t use them because I’ve always been rubbish with them, handy in PvE though.

I don’t see how Bungie can make everyone happy now. If they leave the load outs as they are, the Players that liked the D1 style wont be happy. If they change it back then the players that like the current set up won’t be happy. 

I guess if you want the D1 setup then play D1 crucible?

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they could create an 'old school' playlist with a locked loadout where you pick a sniper or shotgun for the energy slot and it's 6v6 etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Oz said:

Maybe they could create a 'old school' playlist with a lock loadout where you pick a sniper for or shotgun for the energy slot and it's 6v6 etc. 

Yeah that would be pretty good actually :)

 

On another note, i had to make a new discord. Whats the RLLMUK destiny group?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sbrandon111 said:

Yeah that would be pretty good actually :)

 

On another note, i had to make a new discord. Whats the RLLMUK destiny group?

 

sent you an invite. welcome back to the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sbrandon111 said:

Yeah, a lot less frequently than getting sniped from across the map. What I meant was that anything with the potential to one hit kill should be limited in use. Rockets, Fusions, Sniper head shots, all one hit kills. Snipers are still an option in D2. I don’t use them because I’ve always been rubbish with them, handy in PvE though.

I don’t see how Bungie can make everyone happy now. If they leave the load outs as they are, the Players that liked the D1 style wont be happy. If they change it back then the players that like the current set up won’t be happy. 

I guess if you want the D1 setup then play D1 crucible?

 

The problem is no one plays it anymore, the pool is so small and anyone who loved D1 crucible is long gone so no doubt the skill level is much lower - it’s always amusing that people whine about snipers, shotguns and blinking but love the static game play it is now as it is a slow dull war of attrition.

 

D1 crucible was fairly ruined by the end, bungo can’t do anything to get players back now - PvP is dead as there are vastly better games with huge player bases that will never go back esp as said games are evolving more every week than D2 will in a year - it’s a farce all of their own doing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't say it is static. I feel it requires less good aiming and reflexes and more anticipating, coordinating and outsmarting opponents. rather than outshooting. I agree that makes it indeed less interesting to watch in a stream. and harder for quick players to dominate games. how was D1 ruined by the end? I missed the last DLC.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

 

The problem is no one plays it anymore, the pool is so small and anyone who loved D1 crucible is long gone so no doubt the skill level is much lower - it’s always amusing that people whine about snipers, shotguns and blinking but love the static game play it is now as it is a slow dull war of attrition.

 

D1 crucible was fairly ruined by the end, bungo can’t do anything to get players back now - PvP is dead as there are vastly better games with huge player bases that will never go back esp as said games are evolving more every week than D2 will in a year - it’s a farce all of their own doing.

I do miss firing up D1 and jumping in to strikes or patrols will fellow mukkers. I met some great guys playing that game and it showed the best of the social side of gaming. Dance party’s after opening the strike chest were always awesome. Even pvp was relatively free from the griefing that happens in other games.

You have a good point about snipers / shottys, I don’t miss them because I never used them so I’m not really in a position to say if it’s better without them now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basically throughout the life of D1, Bungie could never find a way to satisfactorily balance snipers and shotguns in PVE. This is because having the same loadout between is PVP and PVE is a really bad idea and there’s a reason almost nobody does it. So you ended up with a situation where shotguns were simultaneously insanely OP in PVP whilst being a bit weedy in PVE. Eventually Bungie semi-crumbled and balanced the same guns differently for the two activities. At the end of its life D1 PVP was ludicrously unbalanced, massive explosions and  space magic constantly but at least it was entertaining to play/watch.Then D2 rolled around and they took a sledgehammer to crack a nut and just removed the secondary specialist weapon slot. Apparently there was a lot of pushback from other departments (according to the guy responsible on a podcast). He was also the person responsible for pushing things like slower recharge of abilities and moving from 6v6 to 4v4. One of the staged goals of these changes was driving up streaming views. Bet he's looking forward to his next appraisal.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's because of eSports, these studios want this extra revenue stream of millions of dollars from sponsorships and setting up a league and being able to sell team skins and all this. They just don't seem to realise the games which get that do so because they're accessible to a very wide audience, so there's this trend of them fucking their multiplayer to bend it into a competitive format.

 

You saw the same thing from Halo 5, doubling down on eSports to the point there wasn't even a casual mode at launch, everything required you to be working on your K/D, "wanting to have fun relaxing after work? This is work! Digital sports!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, another week, another set of drops. Obviously, there's not much to work for now (especially given no-one's really playing) but I'm still making pretty good progress in the Masterworks grind.

 

Primaries: Nameless Midnight, Origin Story

Energy slot: Uriel's Gift (Arc), Positive Outlook (Solar), Valakadyn (Void), Conspirator (Void), Black Scorpion-4sr (Solar)

Heavy: Curtain Call (Void), Classical-42 (Arc), Hawthorne's Field Forged Shotgun (Solar)

 

My (Void) Sins of the Past is next, I think, followed by Better Devils and (Arc) Annual Skate. That's got to be me set for any eventuality.

 

Plus, since the Armour got added, I've had Retro-Grade Arms and Terra Concord legs drop as Masterworks. So that's 2 out of 5 (Although I don't see MW Armour being such a need in PvE?)

 

I think I'm 3 Paradox Amplifiers away from completing all of Fanboy Vance's weapons as well. Do you get anything for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm done with the game now.  I have all of the exotic armour but haven't had a single drop of the exotic weapons from CoS.  My hunter has had the same arms drop from every exotic engram for the last six weeks.  The system is fucking broken and it's not fun anymore.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really get any Exotics either. And when I do, it's either Khepri's Horn, Saint-14 or Aeon Safe. I did get Telesto recently. I assume I'll now get it a heap more.

 

Whoever does the R in RNG at Bungie needs to have a look at themselves in the mirror. It's the same all over - same Strikes, same Crucible maps, same drops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You always get clustering with true randomness, but even then, it seems strange how often the Pyramidion comes up in the strike playlist. I had it four times out of five a while back. It's a great level - one of the best strikes ever - but wears a little thin playing it over and over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

I think I'm 3 Paradox Amplifiers away from completing all of Fanboy Vance's weapons as well. Do you get anything for that?

 

Exotic Ghost shell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha. Just looked on destinysets.com to see how far off all the Exotics I was. Turns out at least some of my dupe problem is that I'm only waiting on three weapons. I already have all the Titan Exotics. Just need Sunshot, The Colony and Jade Rabbit. (And to finish off Acrius, but I need people for that!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm back on the PS4 now (and PC). I'm looking to get the raid done too. Who is in charge of the renegades clan? I have someone looking to join but he's not active in the forum although he has played with most of us in the past. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gorf King is in charge of the clan, but I think he threw the keys into the sea, in slow motion, along with his gun and badge, before walking away to a maudlin reprise of the main theme.

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest I think at this point, if you play (and there’s room - I’m not going into the whole kicking people thing) you’re in.

 

i’ll have a look when I get home if I can remember how, although I’ve not played for a week myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.