Jump to content
rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep: the Undying Grind

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Broker said:

Literally nobody asked for the DRM filled TV box, Microsoft created that to please their shareholders, not their customers.

 

The initial plans for the xbox one - when it was intended to be always online and allow game sharing and stuff were shat on by short sighted idiots who went on to buy the PS4 anyway.

 

It was a fantastic move, marketing wise by Sony, but fuck all of those idiots who ruined it for the people who bought the xbox one with their whining over a product they were never going to buy anyway.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gaz said:

 

The initial plans for the xbox one - when it was intended to be always online and allow game sharing and stuff were shat on by short sighted idiots who went on to buy the PS4 anyway.

 

It was a fantastic move, marketing wise by Sony, but fuck all of those idiots who ruined it for the people who bought the xbox one with their whining over a product they were never going to buy anyway.

 

It's sort of both funny and sad how angry you are about this.

 

I would have bought the One in a heartbeat if it was what it eventually became. Forcing me to pay for a Kinect I would never had used and removing my ability to trade in games were dealbreakers for me, and their whole attitude was just mind-boggling ("We have a console for those people - it's called the Xbox 360" fucking Jesus).

 

As it is I bought a PS4 and really enjoyed it. Bought a One too when they'd come down in price, but my brother's got that now, I just don't need one for anything. Maybe when Crackdown 3 comes out I'll look at getting a One S (partially for the UHD drive too).

 

On topic: I think I'll be waiting a few months to jump back into Destiny, I kind of burned myself out on it over the Christmas break.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah - I disagree completely.

 

I was never going to buy a PS4 as my main machine because the controller is absolutely shit for FPS games and that's what I play most, but I didn't kick up a massive fuss and demand Sony change it. I've got a PS4 now and it sits there unused apart from The Last Guardian, making it pretty much the most expensive game I've ever bought.

 

I wanted the kinect, and I wanted to be able to get rid of game discs entirely and have digital only titles that I could share with my friends. Stopping that, I think, held gaming back immensely.

 

 

  • Downvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah ironically I buy almost everything digitally these days, but I rented a lot from Boomerang at the time and it was a big deal to me then.

 

Why do you think the DS4 is shit, by the way? I mostly play FPSs and it's fine for me, apart from the low battery life. I put some thumbstick covers on too for extra grippiness. I never liked the DS3 pads, they just felt incredibly flimsy to me but the DS4s are great, possibly my favourite ever, or just behind the 360 pads.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Giraffetastic said:

Yeah ironically I buy almost everything digitally these days, but I rented a lot from Boomerang at the time and it was a big deal to me then.

 

Why do you think the DS4 is shit, by the way? I mostly play FPSs and it's fine for me, apart from the low battery life. I put some thumbstick covers on too for extra grippiness. I never liked the DS3 pads, they just felt incredibly flimsy to me but the DS4s are great, possibly my favourite ever, or just behind the 360 pads.

 

Neither the sticks, nor the triggers feel right for FPS. The sticks have too much play in them and the triggers are really spongy. The DS3 was pretty much the same and I never felt comfortable playing shooters on it - despite playing through all of the resistance and killzone games.

 

The Xbox One pad feels like a compromise too - the sticks are weirdly small and the triggers don't feel as springy as the 360 pad.

I'd have stuck with the 360 pad on xbox one if I could, tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Giraffetastic said:

Oh god yeah Killzone just felt so immensely off. I think it was partly the curve on the triggers it was just so wrong.

 

That and it’s a shit game/series.

 

Poor old @Gaz backing both Microsoft and Bungie at the moment, tell us your lottery numbers so we know what to avoid! ;)

 

If Bungie went to the wall due to Eververse then not a tear would be shed and I say that as a mega fan of theirs right up until Destiny 2, treat your customers with such disdain and see how many people care when it goes wrong. It’s a sad thing to say but the lies, gambling and outright fraud in the game mechanics have ruined them as a developer for me and don’t see how they can come back from it esp as it turns out that was all on Bungie and not evil Activision.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

 

That and it’s a shit game/series.

 

Poor old @Gaz backing both Microsoft and Bungie at the moment, tell us your lottery numbers so we know what to avoid! ;)

 

If Bungie went to the wall due to Eververse then not a tear would be shed and I say that as a mega fan of theirs right up until Destiny 2, treat your customers with such disdain and see how many people care when it goes wrong. It’s a sad thing to say but the lies, gambling and outright fraud in the game mechanics have ruined them as a developer for me and don’t see how they can come back from it esp as it turns out that was all on Bungie and not evil Activision.

 

I don't play the lottery so any combination you choose will have as much chance as any other :D

 

I think I would feel a little bit lost without Bungie. I know that sounds melodramatic and it's only a game, but I've been playing these games for so long that they have become a constant in my life. I played Halo 2 every single day for 18 months solid and every single game Bungie has put out since then has been something I've played regularly for months at a time. Nothing else really scratches that itch.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Gaz said:

 

I don't play the lottery so any combination you choose will have as much chance as any other :D

 

I think I would feel a little bit lost without Bungie. I know that sounds melodramatic and it's only a game, but I've been playing these games for so long that they have become a constant in my life. I played Halo 2 every single day for 18 months solid and every single game Bungie has put out since then has been something I've played regularly for months at a time. Nothing else really scratches that itch.

 

 

 

 

 

I think that’s why I’m so angry with them, I don’t really have huge attachments to devs outside of Nintendo but Bungie were the exception :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gaz said:

Yeah - I disagree completely.

 

I was never going to buy a PS4 as my main machine because the controller is absolutely shit for FPS games and that's what I play most, but I didn't kick up a massive fuss and demand Sony change it. I've got a PS4 now and it sits there unused apart from The Last Guardian, making it pretty much the most expensive game I've ever bought.

 

I wanted the kinect, and I wanted to be able to get rid of game discs entirely and have digital only titles that I could share with my friends. Stopping that, I think, held gaming back immensely.

 

 

 

I was absolutely going to buy an Xbone right up the reveal. I had one thing I really wanted (BC) and lots of things that had been rumoured that were terrifying. Without the former, the latter became a bigger issue as I was no longer locked into an ecosystem. Sony then announced a fundamentally different platform and I bought that.

 

MS have now spent a few years addressing most of the concerns I had. I now have an Xbone, but it's very much a second machine.

 

Destiny 2 I pre-ordered with both the initial expansion packs. I've enjoyed my 90 hours with it but it's almost always felt like a lesser game compared to where D1 ended. These announcements are too little too late and I'm pretty much out until it's sorted now.

 

However, that doesn't impact Bungie because they've already had my money.

 

The Destiny 2 debacle - where lots of people faithfully bought the game and got something very, very different from what was marketed and what had come before - is different to MS shitting the bed with their announcement and people saying their console was shit and electing to buy something else instead.

 

P.s. MS seem to have more momentum now they've fixed those issues which kinda reinforces that maybe they got it wrong and the moaners were right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

I massively prefer the Dual Shock 4 to the XB1 pad. 

Better, smaller shape, better less clicky buttons and triggers, shorter sticks that feel grippier. 

Bettery life is rubs though. 

 

The XB1 sticks are small and a bit high up but they feel fine in use. The triggers are lovely, but the face buttons and bumpers are a bit clicky and cheap feeling. The DS4 has lovely sticks but I feel like the rest of it is just good enough, not excellent in any way, and they are flimsy as shit. They’re both lovely controllers though, way better than the last gen ones (everyone knows the DS3’s problems, but the 360 controller has equally terrible bumpers to the Bone ones, and those triggers are some Dreamcast level garbage). The Switch Pro controller is gorgeous, real shame it hasn’t got triggers, or those beautiful shoulder buttons from the GameCube controller.

 

5 hours ago, Gaz said:

Neither the sticks, nor the triggers feel right for FPS. The sticks have too much play in them and the triggers are really spongy. The DS3 was pretty much the same and I never felt comfortable playing shooters on it - despite playing through all of the resistance and killzone games.

 

This has to be trolling right? Surely there’s no real humans with hands who could think the DS4 is as bad as the DS3?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am almost certain that there are algorithms dictating that what you did was a terrible idea. Like they had reduced your XP when grinding public events. The likelihood of getting multiple masterwork in one tower trip must be zero. You must be better off coming every morning and getting a couple of levels. 

12 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

Turned in 2.5k of gunsmith materials last night, one masterwork (complex solution) bloody RNG argh.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to post similar myself. I reckon power-grinding of any sort is secretly discouraged behind the scenes. I think I've probably had 10 masterworks so far, and I've played much less than 2.5k of Gunsmith materials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Oz said:

I am almost certain that there are algorithms dictating that what you did was a terrible idea. Like they had reduced your XP when grinding public events. The likelihood of getting multiple masterwork in one tower trip must be zero. You must be better off coming every morning and getting a couple of levels. 

 

Aye, if there is one thing we have learnt from D2 is that Bungie love to actively punish people who play more than Johnny casual. I'd recommend not playing for more than three and a half minutes in any hour window for optimal rewards.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a slightly cheerier note in this depressing thread I’ve really been enjoying working through the forge verses.

they make a nice goal to slowly chip away at while doing other activities and although they have had the immediately bad verdict from the internet at large I’ve been trying the rewards out while playing, for example the kinetic hand cannon has had a right slating but I’ve been loving it in PvP using lucky pants on my hunter, the problem is things like Nameless Midnight or Better Devils just make most things obsolete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

In a slightly cheerier note in this depressing thread I’ve really been enjoying working through the forge verses.

they make a nice goal to slowly chip away at while doing other activities and although they have had the immediately bad verdict from the internet at large I’ve been trying the rewards out while playing, for example the kinetic hand cannon has had a right slating but I’ve been loving it in PvP using lucky pants on my hunter, the problem is things like Nameless Midnight or Better Devils just make most things obsolete

 

Keep the auto!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

from Destiny 2 director

 

Looks like they'll spend the next 9 months making Destiny 2 like Destiny 1, how could they possibly screw it up so much again.

 

The list of changes looks solid and it's good they're free but they all pave the way to the paid expansion in the Autumn, there's nothing new until then.

 

I don't think I have the energy to go through it all again.

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Oz said:

I am almost certain that there are algorithms dictating that what you did was a terrible idea. Like they had reduced your XP when grinding public events. The likelihood of getting multiple masterwork in one tower trip must be zero. You must be better off coming every morning and getting a couple of levels. 

 

Weirdly I turned in a bunch (200) to Zavala and got six Masterworks nearly in a row. So no idea what that says!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Weavus said:

 

Aye, if there is one thing we have learnt from D2 is that Bungie love to actively punish people who play more than Johnny casual. I'd recommend not playing for more than three and a half minutes in any hour window for optimal rewards.

I can see the objective being different and the punishment just being a bi-product. seems to me they wanted to space out rewards over time intervals. thinking that by delaying gratification the rewards would more meaningful. making the climax more intense. and the sensation would also last longer and be more memorable. some people are into the punishment I guess. and a three and half minute play session should also be satisfying. having said that, phelan's six in a row would have also been rather intense. wait.... not sure what I talking about anymore.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Oz said:

 thinking that by delaying gratification the rewards would more meaningful. making the climax more intense. and the sensation would also last longer and be more memorable. 

 

 

@Oz playing Destiny 2 earlier:

 

 

 

 

0di9gwf.gif

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Janski said:
from Destiny 2 director

 

Looks like they'll spend the next 9 months making Destiny 2 like Destiny 1, how could they possibly screw it up so much again.

 

The list of changes looks solid and it's good they're free but they all pave the way to the paid expansion in the Autumn, there's nothing new until then.

 

I don't think I have the energy to go through it all again.

 

 

 

 

 

5986d8f8850dc2627900e4d941705219--true-d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Janski said:

 

from Destiny 2 director

 

Looks like they'll spend the next 9 months making Destiny 2 like Destiny 1, how could they possibly screw it up so much again.

 

The list of changes looks solid and it's good they're free but they all pave the way to the paid expansion in the Autumn, there's nothing new until then.

 

I don't think I have the energy to go through it all again.

That's not even saying they're reverting to the old  D1 weapon slot system. Its so vague it could be anything, as Reddit has already stated.

 

In other words, dont hold your breath on ever getting snipers in the energy slot again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed today that two of the people I follow who play Destiny mainly seem to have gone back to the first game, I’m guessing because they play mostly PvP. So weird to see that happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.