Gorf King

Destiny 2: Season of the Forge (+ vidoc) launches 27 Nov

1 hour ago, Marmite said:

I got one from the raid last night! (And an edge transit). 

1 hour ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Play Gambit if you want a rocket launcher, I've built a shed out of them.

This is kinda my point. I've had rocket launchers from Gambit, Iron Banner, and the Raid. What about crucible, and just normal play? 

1 hour ago, berties paw said:

Did any of us not get an edge transit during the raid? I'm sure I counted 3 or 4.

I got the rocket launcher

3 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

No comments on Edge Transit? I got 4 last night. One regular purple engram, 2 powerful engrams and a prime.

Oh, I got 2 Ten Paces in subsequent drops and then the Crucible helmet for doing the daily crucible game. However, that pushed me into the next valor rank and I got another.

Duplications in general are all too frequent.

I think you will find you just need to play it less and then you will get less Edge Transits....... /Bungo

3 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

Annoyingly, Edge Transit is actually good so I can’t be totally disappointed when I get one but a change would be nice.

Yeah it’s great, I’ve had 300 and my current fave has sticky grenades and I love it!

Is it bad of me, that the first thought I had for my newly acquired Malfeasance is wishing I could shoot it and explode my stupid, pig ignorant and - must need assistance with breathing - rando 'team mates'?

Bungie certainly know how to make a quest to put your patience for your fellow man through the wringer.

Gambit has a habit of turning me into a frothing maniac spitting expletives like a child. I've seen some truly inexplicable behavior from teammates. I now just down a fistful of benzodiazepines whenever I dive in and I froth a little less.

7 hours ago, Thor said:

This is kinda my point. I've had rocket launchers from Gambit, Iron Banner, and the Raid. What about crucible, and just normal play? 

Best rocket launchers come from Gambit (void), Iron Banner (Solar) and Banshee (Arc). Banshee's has tracking as the intrinsic perk, so if you get cluster you're laughing, whatever the 2nd perk is.

7 hours ago, Marmite said:

Yeah, the power weapon slot feels pretty limited now, not helped by a lack of appropriate weapons that came with Forsaken. 

Machine guns coming in the next dlc (Black Armoury). I wont care after that :D

I’d go so far as to say that the Wish-Ender exotic quest/Shattered Throne dungeon is up there with the very best content Destiny has ever had. It’s so good. Feels like a big homage to Dark Souls which is always a good thing. It showers you with proper powerful gear rewards too (none of that +1 bullshit) so if you’re of a high enough power level to attempt it before the reset I’d highly recommend it. I’m edging towards 590 on my main character just from the drops in this quest and I haven’t even attempted the raid yet this week.

On 27/09/2018 at 10:46, Nate Dogg III said:

I think Blind Well is really no different to Archon's Forge, Court Of Oryx and Escalation Protocol in that the rewards don't feel appropriate for the effort past a certain point on the power curve BUT it doesn't matter because there's a weekly bounty with a powerful gear reward that pushes people towards it. Instancing is a crapshoot as ever but I've found that if you wait for one other person to turn up and kick off a tier one, it fills up soon enough. And I do enjoy the mode, even when Donut doesn't shut up about where the Shiny Man is.

I kind of like Blind Well for the same reason I like EP - when it works and you get a good crowd, there's an exciting feeling of "shit, someone's activated Blind Well" and running to the spot and seeing a mess of explosions roughly where the boss is whilst everyone goes in. When there are enough people you get some satisfying loops where everyone's keeping everyone else's super topped up with all of the orbs that are spilling out. The rewards may be bad but I enjoy the chaos.

Even though I'm apparently woefully underlevelled.

Speaking of which, I actually managed to clear all seven levels of EP this evening for the first time, thanks to being in a decent group. And thanks to the power recommendation not being boosted after Forsaken. :P 

I couldn't sleep so got up and played some Gambit. A nice Prime dropped and as I had a few rewards to cash in I went back to the tower.

I found  the Cryptarch surrounded by players and dishing out engrams at 540! (I'm 526) I spunked all my shards- over 90 of them buying engrams. Nice selection of armour and weapons. Great!

It wasn't until I started using them and seeing my power go down that I realised I'd misread the value in my sleep deprived state. They were of course for 340.

Fuck.

• Upvote 8
  • Empathy 6

18 hours ago, mop said:

Gambit has a habit of turning me into a frothing maniac spitting expletives like a child. I've seen some truly inexplicable behavior from teammates. I now just down a fistful of benzodiazepines whenever I dive in and I froth a little less.

Oh my god the games I had last night...

Teammates running into the portal while carrying motes... a teammate running through the portal while carrying motes when them banking would've resulted in our primeval... teammates carrying 15 motes and continuing to kill enemies...

stahp

• Upvote 1

Oh have that Titan exotic helmet which marks people who shoot at you and gives you an overshield on kill. It’s a bit of a cheat at armour really as demonstrated by going 34-1 on Iron Banner the other day

Saladin has an episode round about halfway which is brilliant

1 hour ago, tnman said:

Oh my god the games I had last night...

Teammates running into the portal while carrying motes... a teammate running through the portal while carrying motes when them banking would've resulted in our primeval... teammates carrying 15 motes and continuing to kill enemies...

stahp

unFLKoAV3TkXe.gif.bc5f1ffbec0c3f8c9b8a628c4bb0674c.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

Jesus Christ Gambits full of some brain dead bumble fucks tonight

Highlights:

Invading with 14 notes and losing them all.

About Iose the second match to bring it to a tie and 2 of our teams pop supers with enemy primevil at 10% (ours just spawning)

Bungie need to stop putting quests in here. Just drags in the great unwashed

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kryptonian said:

Thought I would squeeze some play time in while Strictly Come Dancing was on, manged to get 2 Edge Transits in that time.

40 minutes ago, Thor said:

Also just got an Edge Transit. But it's the highest power item I have, and heavy was my weakest slot. :D

I got an edge transit tonight from Warlock ladies weekly quest, I infused it into my better but lower light edge transit but not before I compared the four edge transits I had accumulated in the past couple of days - probably only put a couple of hours in so that’s an edge transit per 30 mins of play time.

/edge transit

Anyone else got Phillips Hue lighting in their home? I put an led strip along the back of my TV unit to go with the two lights I already have. Now I have Solar, Void, and Arc lighting for Destiny. :D

44994557841_27d7704db5_c.jpg 30058444047_27d7704db5_c.jpg 

• Upvote 3

Managed to clear the raid for the first time tonight. Thoughts are in the raid thread but in short I can certainly say that it's a big return to form after the mediocre Leviathan.

I can actually play something else now because I don't think I've ever no-lifed a game quite like I have this one the last few weeks. Kind of funny when you consider that I'd all but given up on Destiny 9 months ago but Bungie have turned this one around in fine style. Forsaken has been superb and I can only applaud them for giving me personally exactly what I wanted out of a Destiny sequel. Just a shame it took them a year and a badly misjudged detour off into mediocrity for them to get there but they're definitely back on track.

Do you know how long I played Gambit yesterday without seeing the ascendant?

All night, all night, all night

• Upvote 3

I haven’t played since the base game, and haven’t followed anything much about the various passes/expansions etc. Forsaken sounds like a return to form and a chum said words to the effect of ‘its as good, if not better than prime D1’. Which pricked my ears up.

Had a quick look on the store last night but it doesn’t seem clear to me what I need to buy to play Forsaken. Can someone explain as though explaining to a small child, the easiest way to upgrade base D2 to the current game?

10 hours ago, Thor said:

Anyone else got Phillips Hue lighting in their home? I put an led strip along the back of my TV unit to go with the two lights I already have. Now I have Solar, Void, and Arc lighting for Destiny. :D

44994557841_27d7704db5_c.jpg 30058444047_27d7704db5_c.jpg 

We have hue everywhere, I’m more a Savanna sunset kinda guy when gaming but will have to play with the correct elemental damage from here on in!!

1 hour ago, Nathan Wind said:

Had a quick look on the store last night but it doesn’t seem clear to me what I need to buy to play Forsaken. Can someone explain as though explaining to a small child, the easiest way to upgrade base D2 to the current game?

Just buy one of the collections. Here's one (relatively) cheap option: https://www.thegamecollection.net/destiny-2-forsaken-legendary-collection-ps4