Gorf King

Destiny 2: Forsaken. No raid spoilers please.

Well bugger. I missed the beginning of the stream, so must have missed this:

Knew they were going to nerf it, as it would be ridiculous in the new raid - 6 Whispers would make short work of any boss really, and Ikelos had to be toned down a bit as it'll be in the energy slot instead of a power weapon. Perk will still work, just have to scope in and out for each shot instead of staying down sights all the time.

Also a complete run down of what was in the stream, some stuff I missed, forgot or whatever:

having the prestige raids drop 400 weapons and the summer event drop 400 armour was really a brilliant idea. pushing to have a good balance of playing all content out thus far including things you might have ignored or miss (crucible, prestige raids, adventures, treasury hunting, strikes). plus having the different loadouts for raids every week is such a great idea. makes you try a bunch of new weapons you may have missed. my only complain is that they don't just let you infuse whatever the fuck you want . that was the one 'bungie' move of the entire thing. 

"There is an immense creature at the heart of this place....."

Far, far better trailer than the previous ones.

Best post in the comments section is this, in response to "when can we expect a live action trailer?":

I hope it shows Prince Uldren being captured by us and being tortured in a chair, once we're done with him we take off the mask and its revealed that Uldren was actually Luke Smith in disguise.

• Upvote 2

Damn it. Was actually considering binning this off and just buying Spider-man. Then I watched that trailer.

4 hours ago, Thor said:

Damn it. Was actually considering binning this off and just buying Spider-man. Then I watched that trailer.

Lies

Everyone already knows this, but with it being Mayhem this week, it's probably the best week to grind out a bit of Valor rep if you want to Masterwork the Solstice amour to Rank 5 (or get the Triumph for Rank 3.) Everyone's just running around and it's crazy.

Currently Rank 4.75.

1 hour ago, Uncle Mike said:

Everyone already knows this, but with it being Mayhem this week, it's probably the best week to grind out a bit of Valor rep if you want to Masterwork the Solstice amour to Rank 5 (or get the Triumph for Rank 3.) Everyone's just running around and it's crazy.

Currently Rank 4.75.

I felt bad as I went in as a Nightstalker. Waiting for the pop on an enemy super and then dragging them out of it, over and over again.

I'm such a cunt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I justify it by only killing those that were wearing the full Solstice armour, plus, I needed wins (Mayhem gets done twice as fast as Quickplay and you're not troubled by Control over and over and over and ov...) so I wasn't going in specifically to piss on peoples chips but it was an added bonus sometimes :D 

People get really up-tight about Nightstalkers in Mayhem, but I think it's fine. It's easy enough to avoid one if you use your ears, mostly.

Everyone else might know this and I'm the idiot, but that Solstice Masterwork doesn't seem to kick in at the 1800 Valor points for Legend. You seem to need to get to 2000 where you can reset. Fucksticks.

2 hours ago, Scruff said:

I felt bad as I went in as a Nightstalker. Waiting for the pop on an enemy super and then dragging them out of it, over and over again.

I'm such a cunt.

I do that every time I play Mayhem on my Hunter. Its the only way to win if the other team has a Nightstalker dong it too.

Edit: EP Sniper and Shottie will be Solar, and no other element going forward (post Forsaken I guess):

To save everyone else puzzlement, once you finally get to 2000 Valor for the Legend Rank Masterwork you need to play a Quickplay (NOT Mayhem) for it to register. For reasons not understood by me, if you keep doing Mayhem it won't register.

So much info, but the tl;dr seems to be that it's now D1 with Kinetic shotguns?

It leaves me with one question, really: what will all my tokens do in Forsaken. Are they worthless?

56 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

It leaves me with one question, really: what will all my tokens do in Forsaken. Are they worthless?

Although planetary tokens will no longer be awarded in the game, as they're being replaced by planetary materials, you'll still be able to redeem the tokens you have left in season 4. Obviously the economy is shifting to planetary materials over time. Vanguard, Crucible and IB tokens earned in season 3 will also be redeemable in season 4. 

One exception to this phased obsolescence seems to be those awarded by Ikora for meditations: her tokens will simply be removed from the game (and the player's inventory) in Forsaken. So they need spending now.

Trials and faction rallies are being removed for renovation during S4, so no idea what'll happen to those tokens when they reappear.

Supposed full list of legendary weapons going Kinetic:

• Baligant

• Shepherd’s Watch

• Hawthorne’s Field-Forged Shotgun

• Alone as a God < - I only got this last week, from the vendor no less.....

• Perfect Paradox < - Both myself and @Uncle Mike got three of these from Fanboy Vance ready for Forsaken, and they do this!

• The Frigid Jackal

• Silicon Neuroma

Is any Shotgun thats good safe?!?

All sounds very good except for the planetary mats. While I have fond memories of, for example, the relic iron lap from D1Y1, that's not to say I fancy spending hours doing it again. I did used to find it relaxing, in its way, and it sounds like bounties will pay out a fair amount. But ehh I dunno. If it was just rep, that'd be one thing. But rep *and* infusion? Not convinced.

Think I sharded the DO one. Damn.

Got the raid one, but its a bit shit really, plus I only have the one. I am glad I only bought one of the raid sniper now though.

The planetary mats stuff does bring back bad memories but at least it sounds like they're going to be available from quite a few sources the retain just their resource nodes and chests.

Liking the sound of those eververse changes.

1 minute ago, Mr Ben said:

Think I sharded the DO one. Damn.

Got the raid one, but its a bit shit really, plus I only have the one. Glad I only got 1 of the raid sniper now.

It'll be in your collection if you shared it after the Warmind update.

Yeah, but its now probably going to be locked to Solar. Wish I hadnt deleted the damn thing now. It was bugged (rapid fire wasnt working) and the Saint 14 shotty was better anyway. Typical.

World mats sound a bit grindy, but you could  buy them in the tower after Taken King anyway, right? This might give us something to actually spend glimmer on.