Gorf King

Destiny 2: Forsaken. No raid spoilers please.

Just now, Oz said:

what are you guys doing to farm grenade kills? ta

Warlock solar AOE 'nade, try for a solo EP (sunbracers of course) hit a thrall then dump one underneath you and jump. Everything homes in on you and stands in the fire and dies and toss the other ones about to hit whatever else you can. Do the rift as you'll get more thrall and acolytes appear then when the boss pops in, zone into another instance and repeat. Doesn't take long at all.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Scruff said:

Warlock solar AOE 'nade, try for a solo EP (sunbracers of course) hit a thrall then dump one underneath you and jump. Everything homes in on you and stands in the fire and dies and toss the other ones about to hit whatever else you can. Do the rift as you'll get more thrall and acolytes appear then when the boss pops in, zone into another instance and repeat. Doesn't take long at all.

cheers man

• Upvote 2

Do 10 of them?

I just completed my Crucible Super kills to get the Blue armour, so I can try the higher Power stuff tonight. Those kills did not come easy, then I got a load in one game.

12 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Any recommendations for 10 adventures?

do them on nessus. stay away from mars.

1 minute ago, Uncle Mike said:

@Mr Ben you may know this already, but you don't need to Masterwork the set on each character for the ship, just get the Legendary set.

oh shit mike. I wish I could unlearn this.

• Empathy 2

Yep already knew that. Will be MW'ing em all anyway most likely. Not done all my Titan set yet, as I went and did most of my Hunter's green set last night.

Someone told me since Warmind everything is being tracked (Weapons, Armor, ghosts, ships, bikes) so you can delete and buy back later. Are they right?

25 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Someone told me since Warmind everything is being tracked (Weapons, Armor, ghosts, ships, bikes) so you can delete and buy back later. Are they right?

Weapons, armour, sparrows, ships, shaders and emblems that have been in your inventory when the Warmind update dropped has been tracked and will be available in the collection. Theoretically you can delete them now and they'll be available there in Forsaken but like hell am I trusting Bungie with that one just now :lol:

I tried asking before, but is this still totally playable with just the base game? I just fancy running through the campaign and maybe a bit of deathmatch.

38 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

Thanks to @Scruff and @Ghost Pirate 101 for getting me my Whisper completes this week (again.) It seems oddly easier on Heroic, or am I just getting more practiced? I guess time in the rooms is a big factor.

Gratz. Just got the Sleeper Simulator. 

Thatll do as a boss killer 

Solstices of Heroes armour... do you need to be wearing the specific pieces to complete the challenges attached to them?

Feels like a stupid question, but I just finished painting the best stuff I have for my 345 hunter and would really like to actually use it rather than cutting about like the John Mclane of Destiny while I do these flashback missions!

You have to wear the specific piece for the challenges, yes, unless it’s an elemental orbs one, in which case you need to be wearing the full set, as you don’t make orbs otherwise. 

• Upvote 3

Blue Armour?

I have just stuck the full scabby green set on and collecting solar orbs but can see it’s going to take some time to get it all upgraded.

Goes from green to blue to legendary and then to masterworked legendary.

My Titan has 3 parts masterworked now as I did a prestige nightfall 147k run and a prestige leviathan clear just now. Not as hard as I thought it'd be to be honest. Just need heroic strikes and some boss kills and my Titan will be finished with the Solstice armour set. Then I have to do the other 2 characters - yep, I must be nuts :lol:

Also, I mentioned I'd never got the raid sniper to one of the guys I did the raid with, and he said "thats funny, he's selling it right now!", so that was a nice bonus.

Edit: Argh, just noticed you need to do 5 heroic strikes with a clan mate after I did a few strikes. No wonder the bar wasnt progressing :doh:

5 hours ago, Mr Ben said:

My Titan has 3 parts masterworked now as I did a prestige nightfall 147k run and a prestige leviathan clear just now. Not as hard as I thought it'd be to be honest. Just need heroic strikes and some boss kills and my Titan will be finished with the Solstice armour set. Then I have to do the other 2 characters - yep, I must be nuts :lol:

Also, I mentioned I'd never got the raid sniper to one of the guys I did the raid with, and he said "thats funny, he's selling it right now!", so that was a nice bonus.

Edit: Argh, just noticed you need to do 5 heroic strikes with a clan mate after I did a few strikes. No wonder the bar wasnt progressing :doh:

i got 5k on my last one :D

8 hours ago, Mr Ben said:

I’ll probably be on later and will help you through this (as I think I’ve gave up on the armour pretty much) in the event you haven’t found someone to grind through it

I'll happily help later also, if we're not doing something more end-game. I need 3 Heroics for the Blue armour (and a Nightfall) in any case.