Gorf King

Destiny 2: Forsaken. No raid spoilers please.

4 minutes ago, Siri said:

You can find out in your Bungie profile - There's a specific page that you can log into, and normally a little hyperlink underneath that breaks down what you haven't done..

Ah the App has the others (e.g. regional chests) your missing - but didn't have this,

It's showing 25/25 now even though I've done nothing new (Reddit thinks it's very very bugged)

Edit "Remember Who You Are" Do each Redux mission is showing as complete - even though I've definately only done one!

3 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Welp. The chance would be a fine thing...

Well, I have tried putting runs together, as you know - sometimes with some degree of success! As with everything, it's a question of time, and timing. There's simply an awful lot to do and an awful lot of arranging to do to get it done. It's impossible to complain about the amount of content in the game right now, but it's a real shame it couldn't have been foreseen and rationed across the first year more evenly.

Nonetheless, in a team with some Ikeloses they'd be better than a fixed-element Borealis, so that's what I'd suggest using in place of it if anyone has them. And since you'll have a masterworked Whisper by then, you'll be using that in any case because it's a superior option. I was just referring to those who won't. 'Chance would be a fine thing,' they might add.

Solstice stuff seems pretty disappointing. Redoing sections of campaign missions with stronger enemies and different bosses to grind out each piece of armour? Is that basically it?

Full set of armour requirements taken from Polygon. A bit of a grind, and since none of the others are retroactive the last one looks a bit worrying - but then, Polygon. Might be wrong (and one requirement in particular for Warlock and Titan seems a bit ambiguous). Still, they got the guide out quicker than anyone else.

Spoilered for length:

Spoiler

UPGRADING YOUR ARMOR

The different classes have similar objectives to earn each of their armor pieces, with a few key differences. When you log in, you’ll be given the Scorched armor set by the Solstice of Heroes statue vendor. From there, you’ll need to complete a series of objectives to upgrade your armor from Scorched to Rekindled to Resplendent. 

Here is what each class will need to do to upgrade their Scorched (240 power) set to Rekindled (340 power).

HUNTER

Head - Spark Redux mission, 90 solar orbs in the EDZ, 10 kills in the Crucible

Arms - Homecoming Redux mission, 150 arc orbs, complete a meditation with Ikora

Chest - Chosen Redux mission, 90 arc orbs in strikes, complete 10 Heroic public events

Legs - 1AU Redux mission, 150 void orbs, defeat 50 mini-bosses

Cloak - Payback Redux mission, get 30 kills with your Super in the Crucible, complete 10 patrols

TITAN

Head - Spark Redux mission, 150 arc orbs, 10 kills in the Crucible

Arms - Homecoming Redux mission, 90 solar orbs in strikes, complete a meditation with Ikora

Chest - Chosen Redux mission, 90 void orbs in the EDZ, complete 10 Heroic public events

Legs - 1AU Redux mission, get 30 kills with your Super in the Crucible, defeat 50 mini-bosses

Mark - Payback Redux mission, 150 void orbs, complete 10 patrols

WARLOCK

Head - Spark Redux mission, 30 kills with your Super in the Crucible, 10 Crucible kills

Arms - Homecoming Redux mission, 90 arc orbs in strikes, complete a meditation with Ikora

Chest - Chosen Redux mission, 150 solar orbs, complete 10 Heroic public events

Legs - 1AU Redux mission, 90 void orbs in the EDZ, defeat 50 mini-bosses

Bond - Payback Redux mission, 150 void orbs, complete 10 patrols

Once your armor has been upgraded to Rekindled, you’ll need to complete another set of objectives to further increase its power. 

Here is what each class needs to do to upgrade their Rekindled (340 power) set to Resplendent (400 power).

HUNTER

Head - Chosen Redux mission, 160 void energy weapon kills, complete the Nightfall

Arms - Payback Redux mission, 120 void grenade kills, complete three Heroic strikes

Chest - 1AU Redux mission, 80 solar power weapon kills, win five non-private Crucible matches

Legs - Spark Redux mission, 60 solar melee kills, complete 10 adventures

Cloak - Homecoming Redux mission, 200 arc super kills, complete 20 challenges

TITAN

Head - Chosen Redux mission, 200 solar super kills, complete the Nightfall

Arms - Payback Redux mission, 160 solar energy weapon kills, complete three heroic strikes

Chest - 1AU Redux mission, 120 arc grenade kills, win five non-private Crucible matches

Legs - Spark Redux mission, 60 void melee kills, complete 10 adventures

Mark - Homecoming Redux mission, 80 arc power weapon kills, get 500 kills

WARLOCK 

Head - Chosen Redux mission, 160 void energy weapon kills, complete the Nightfall

Arms - Payback Redux mission, 60 arc melee kills, complete three heroic strikes

Chest - 1AU Redux mission, 120 solar grenade kills, win five non-private Crucible matches

Legs - Spark Redux mission, 200 arc super kills, complete 10 adventures

Bond - Homecoming Redux mission, 80 solar power weapon kills, get 500 kills

Once the armor has been upgraded to Resplendent, it will be at 400 power. However, there is one more upgrade for players to earn. 

Here is what each class needs to do to upgrade their Resplendent (400 power) set to a Masterwork Resplendent set (400 power).

HUNTER

Head - Complete the Prestige Nightfall within the point threshold, which is noted on each strike emblem

Arms - Complete five heroic strikes in a group with at least one clanmate 

Chest - Complete the Prestige Leviathan raid

Legs - Reach the Valor rank of Legend in the Crucible

Cloak - Defeat 10 bosses

TITAN

Head - Complete the Prestige Nightfall within the point threshold, which is noted on each strike emblem

Mark - Defeat 10 bosses

WARLOCK 

Bond - Defeat 10 bosses

If this isnt retroactive, then its taking the piss. People have to reset their rank twice for the ghost shell off Shaxx, which means getting to Legend twice, then resetting. Should not have to get to Legend again after that for one piece of armour.

I might not bother if that is the case, as Crucible is just a mess at present, thanks to the small maps, bad spawn points and 6v6. Its been bad enough getting the 30 super kills for the green legs (28/30 currently).

Edit: Just did a bit of testing, and you dont get any progression for armour that isnt equipped. The funny thing is though, you can start the SoH campaign missions with the full set on, then when you load in, just take off the bits that dont correspond to the mission you're currently doing, and be higher power level.

I had to do this when I got the blue armour, as the enemies in the very first room on Homecoming are pretty damn hard, and with the blue set I was getting wrecked pretty quickly in such a confined space. Once I did that the missions felt far more doable, and yet still a pretty tough challenge.

Also the Polygon article is not 100% accurate, as the armour is 350 power level not 340, and some of the things you need to do are slightly different as well, such as my titan mark needing arc weapon kills, not arc power weapon kills (which is significantly easier, obviously).

I mean yeah it's a big ol' grind but it was always going to be, wasn't it. I very much doubt I'll get a full set but it gives me something to do outside the weekly churn and that will do me nicely. Same with the Triumphs stuff, there's no way I'm doing Sagira's ghost, for instance, in the next five weeks, but I at least appreciate there's something else to guide my play than the milestone menu.

I only played a couple of the redux campaign missions but I like what they've done with them for the most part (I needed another Payback playthrough like a hole in the head ofc, there's no saving that). I think their framing of it all as wistful reminiscing about fond memories is a bit optimistic of them given the year we've had, but tonal niggles aside this seems pretty cool, all told. 

For some reason, the legs seem like real outliers in the grind. It doesn't look too bad on the whole, but 30 super kills feels like it'll take a lot longer than the other requirements for the blue armour, 10 adventures for purple will take forever, and getting your crucible status to Legend feels like it's taking the piss. At least there's some variety in terms of what you have to do - this should have been the model for the faction rallies.

I've only had time to have a quick go, but the statue thing in the middle of the tower looks huge and madly out of place, like you've gone round to someone's house and they've put a trampoline in the front room. They should have made that segment of the tower you visit before doing the first mission into a new social space.

5 hours ago, Mr Ben said:

If this isnt retroactive, then its taking the piss. People have to reset their rank twice for the ghost shell off Shaxx, which means getting to Legend twice, then resetting. Should not have to get to Legend again after that for one piece of armour.

I might not bother if that is the case, as Crucible is just a mess at present, thanks to the small maps, bad spawn points and 6v6. Its been bad enough getting the 30 super kills for the green legs (28/30 currently).

Edit: Just did a bit of testing, and you dont get any progression for armour that isnt equipped. The funny thing is though, you can start the SoH campaign missions with the full set on, then when you load in, just take off the bits that dont correspond to the mission you're currently doing, and be higher power level.

I had to do this when I got the blue armour, as the enemies in the very first room on Homecoming are pretty damn hard, and with the blue set I was getting wrecked pretty quickly in such a confined space. Once I did that the missions felt far more doable, and yet still a pretty tough challenge.

Also the Polygon article is not 100% accurate, as the armour is 350 power level not 340, and some of the things you need to do are slightly different as well, such as my titan mark needing arc weapon kills, not arc power weapon kills (which is significantly easier, obviously).

Did you need to put SoH armor on at the end:

The orbs buff damage right? Is it not really that noticeable (with green armor :P) for anyone else?

A tracker would be nice too see you buff (I saw it on character page briefly...but never again...despite gobbling dozens of arc and fire balls in strikes)

9 hours ago, Mr Ben said:

Everyone seems to be saying it is retroactive, and if you've ever hit Legend before it counts, regardless of the rank you are now. You might have to go into Crucible for one match to trigger it. I have no source for this, just reddit, so obviously can't confirm.

I dunno if I'll ever get to that armour anyway. Just had a few games and they were 'mares - getting 30 super kills seems a distant prospect. Hell, getting 30 kills with anything does the way I've been playing.

I did it just getting 2 super kills a match. It would have been quicker doing it like I said - get a super, bang it off and get kills, then fuck off out of the match, as you arent likely to get another super in the time it takes to finish each game. Wish I'd done that now.

4 hours ago, Hexx said:

Did you need to put SoH armor on at the end:

The only piece I wore throughout each mission was the piece that was relevant to that mission - so for me, it was Titan mark for Homecoming

2 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Maybe they'll stick Mayhem on for the final week. Maybe.

Mayhem is next week, according to reddit I think it was.

2 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Maybe they'll stick Mayhem on for the final week. Maybe.

I thought someone said Mayhem was next week

26 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

I did it just getting 2 super kills a match. It would have been quicker doing it like I said - get a super, bang it off and get kills, then fuck off out of the match, as you arent likely to get another super in the time it takes to finish each game. Wish I'd done that now.

The only piece I wore throughout each mission was the piece that was relevant to that mission - so for me, it was Titan mark for Homecoming

Cheers. I want the orbs at the same time though :D

For the green set you can do that.

For the blue though......no, I cant see anyone doing that unless they add mods to the armour, and then play with a fireteam. The Centurion in the first room was killing me with 2/3 hits from his gun, whereas he's a joke when you run the mission the first time in the green set.

Do you have to upgrade the complete set from green to blue in one go?  I finished a piece and I cannot find anything or anywhere to make that completed piece upgrade to blue.

Well, Bungie certainly deserve a large pat on the back for managing to make the appallingly shit fight with Graul from the original story campaign even more tedious and shit for the redux version :facepalm:

5 hours ago, Scruff said:

Well, Bungie certainly deserve a large pat on the back for managing to make the appallingly shit fight with Graul from the original story campaign even more tedious and shit for the redux version :facepalm:

We did it as a fireteam last night (Gorf, Scotland and myself) and he shat himself at how powerful we were (he died in a few headshots from Whisper).

Doing it again for the blue armour will likely be a different story. Been doing them solo, and they're far harder than Ikora's meditations with orange/yellow health enemies being around the toughness of heroic strike enemies, if not slightly harder.

Edit: It was far, far harder, but not because of the boss, but the adds. There are more of them, and they hit damn hard. Had to chip Gaul down otherwise I'd get mobbed.

I was really pleasantly surprised by the spark mission. maybe because I have not played any story mission in a while. I forgot how good the game looks on story missions. the changes to gameplay made it really fun to solo. also they finally turned off story voice over which makes it a lot more re-playable. I wish they continue to remix this stuff every now and then and let you replay it with new weapons. I had a ton of fun. seemed tuned for one player. I think you break them a bit with a fireteam. 

To paraphrase Columbo, just one more thing.  Do you need the whole armour on in Crucible to get the super kills or can you just wear that specific piece?

Edit.  To answer my own question, just the piece :)

Edited by DonRumsfeld
Worked it out :)

Hmm, just did an adventure on Mercury (the first one) and it didnt count for the legs. It doesnt say it needs to be done on heroic, so I dont understand why this didnt work. Cant seem to find any info on the subject, as I suspect not many are on the 2nd set of armour (blue), but it may be bugged, or you're supposed to do Heroic Adventures, and the legs dont mention it.

Edit: Just did an Earth adventure and it worked fine, so avoid Mercury for the 10 adventures on legs. I suspect its to do with the fact the rewards are given from chests on Mercury, whereas the vanilla planets pop up on screen. There are 4 adventures on each planet I think, so you can do them all in one week if you want, or spread them out over the event.