rllmuk
Goose

Terminator 6: Dark Fate - Cameron to oversee - November 2019

12 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Too much CGi.

I wouldn't mind it too much of it moved as it should. My hindbrain just cannot fathom what it is that I'm seeing, making my brain want to run away and engage the old fight or flight instincts. 

Sonic and now Terminator - Paramount really need to sort shit out. This trailer is woeful. Even Genecyst had a better trailer. I thought i'd never tire of seeing Arnold as the Terminator but here we are..and this trend of shit cover versions of 80's and 90's songs needs to fuck off.

So does this film basically mean everything after T2 never happened?

Because if so, I'm on board - tentatively - for that alone. T3 was the biggest disappointment ever.

1 hour ago, probotector said:

I enjoyed Suicide Squad and Batman V Superman.

Man of Steel is the best Superman film and probably has the best action scenes in any superhero film.

Yikes

5 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

probotector is a troll. He knows what he's doing.

Indeed. You have to admire the nuanced subtlety of his trolling.

• Upvote 3

On 08/04/2019 at 11:11, Glasgowchivas said:

@Goose I found a description elsewhere. Spoilered in case anyone cares about this franchise and it's secrets anymore

Reveal hidden contents

Footage starts in modern day Mexico. A couple are making out in a car under a bridge. A time-sphere materialises part-way through the bridge above them, causing it to collapse. The couple are helped (presumably out of their car/rubble) by the person who was sent back in time - Mackenzie Davis' character. Some cops show up and the nude Davis' beats them up, with the viewer seeing some of the fight through her eyes. It's Terminator-style vision. She's either a Terminator or an enhanced-human. She then nicks the guys clothes and car.

Later footage shows Davis' character protecting a young girl from two Terminators; Diego Luna's character - a T-1000 style model who's big twist is that he can split in two. I really hope that this means he can spit into two fully functioning Terminators, but half-sized - and a traditonal style Exoskeleton. It looks like Davis' is going to get killed when a car screeches to a halt and Sarah Connor steps out, blowing the Terminators away with two massive guns. 

There was traditional trailer style footage of other action scenes - including Arnie who is supposed to be an aged T-800 and *not* a human character, as long-rumoured, no John Connor refs, some glimpse of Davis fighting a robot with tentacles in the Future War - which also saw Sarah Connor dropping a bomb off a bridge before saying....."I'll be back."

I'm ALWAYS in for whatever Davis is involved in but this sounds like a HOT MESS.

Watched it. HOT MESS CONFIRMED.

Why, when you have the iconic "Terminator Theme" available to you, would you not include it in your trailer? Why? Even a bit, when Sarah Connor appears would have been enough.
But no.

Instead, we go back 5yrs in time to when slow, twee cover versions of songs were all the rage. Maddening.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, deKay said:

So does this film basically mean everything after T2 never happened?

Because if so, I'm on board - tentatively - for that alone. T3 was the biggest disappointment ever.

T3, Salvation and Geenesees are now an "alternate timeline", with this movie functioning as a direct sequel to the first two movies.

• Upvote 1

Shame we aren't over that morphing,liquid  'nanomachines' SFX. Was amazing on T2 but that was a long time ago. Felt a cop-out in Avengers too.

Looks exactly as i thought it would really. Like a bad tv show. We do forget the terrifying horror of the original. The completely brutal end to every Sarah Connor in the area, it made it real. It filmed from the ground as he stepped out of his car with his boots. Yeah...grounded it literally. It showed Sarah's lack of care in the world breezy innocence as she rode her moped to her waitress job. The contrast and her incredible will to survive is one of the most believable transformations in a horror film i think. And then in Terminator 2 even more phenomenal and another worthy reason to make that sequel. Her arc complete. 

Nerd nostalgia doesn't really remember true horror, which is at first alien and unknown. In what moment will the creators of this film think to recapture the concept of the Terminator. It's now a purely superficial thing. It's just a given it will be scary cos he's the villain. Get an average guy to stare meanly at the camera and transform into liquid metal oh no he can't die, oh yeah he can replicate himself now a bit yeah that's cool. Nothing is really earned.

The only sequel worth watching now would be one [where the crew travelled back in time and] filmed in 1989.

• Upvote 5

It feels like a mix tape of the last 3 sequels.

You've got the T-1000 goop over a spooky robot skeleton from Terminator 3.

You've got the heroic Terminator that thinks it’s human from Salvation.

You've got hey look it's old man Arnie aren’t you excited from Megadryve,

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Harsin said:

This gives Arrow a run for its money in the ridiculous unnecessary dumb looking flip stakes.

You're right, but... That does look computationally easier than navigating through the gap.

Bot.gif

• Upvote 2

Love how arnies grand appearance is of a man who is being disturbed by door to door sales while he's trying to enjoy his afternoon tea

The trailer is so bad it made me nostalgic for 3. At least that had the proper music in it (even though the film itself didn't) 

Also liked that the t1000 knock off throws the rebar straight down but in the next shot, she blocks it coming in from the side. Can't believe someone edited this and thought it looks good. 

The teaser for this is nothing. Given Tim Miller's involved you'd think they'd at least edit it well but it's just a big weird flat mess that could've been cut together from any of the bad Terminator sequels. It doesn't even tell me the movie's going to be bad, it just might as well be 90 seconds of that one promo still they did.

Sad face

The whole premise doesn't work if the main characters aren't afraid and know how to damage the Terminator. Who's hunting who?