rllmuk
Goose

Terminator 6: Dark Fate - Cameron to oversee - November 2019

The robot with two wheels that you can somehow remove the robot part and ride it like a normal motorcycle which makes no sense for something made by robots. Salvation was so odd. 

• Upvote 2

The terminator bike wasn’t great , but it still made a lot more sense than terminators driving trucks like venom.gif in Genisys.

• Upvote 4

As ridiculed as they were when the film was released, the motorbike terminators were actually a decent idea. In those early days following judgment day it made sense for them to repurpose vehicle designs that already existed, and motorbikes are fast and agile. Salvation got a lot of stuff right I thought, particularly the look of the world. The trailer with the Nine Inch Nails track was great.

It’s a shame then, that pretty much everything else was garbage.

• Upvote 5

Am I the only one who actually enjoyed Genesys? I mean, it's not the best Terminator movie, but I thought it worked well as an action flick.

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, OogyBoogy said:

Am I the only one who actually enjoyed Genesys? I mean, it's not the best Terminator movie, but I thought it worked well as an action flick.

No, there are two of us :p

• Upvote 1

Genesys was bloody awful. Apart from the first 10 mins maybe. John Connor was hilariously bad. He looked more like a substitute teacher than a great military leader. 

• Upvote 1

Genesys was fucking awful. Everything about it was awful. Including - and I’m sorry but you must know this - the people you liked it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

John Connor has become this mythical, enigmatic character who is different in every version of the story, like Keyser Soze.

On 28/05/2019 at 20:18, MikeBeaver said:

No, there are two of us :p

Three! I loved it, the soundtrack and final battle are immense. Shame about Jai Courtney.

• Upvote 1

On 28/05/2019 at 19:36, OogyBoogy said:

I think it’s amazing, in a so bad it’s good kinda way. It’s complete pulpy trash. 

As a result, it really reminds me of the Dark Horse Terminator comics, or the Frank Miller Robocop vs. Terminator ones and how daft they were. 

I strangely find Genesys nostalgic for those days, reading those comics.  

Nobody can deny that this is one of the best fights in Terminator history:

I love the bit where Arnie is thrown into the liquid. The part where he turned into a T1000 was fucking shite though.

Genesis is one of the worst big budget films I've seen. Appalling film that makes T3 look like something by Werner Herzog in comparison. 

• Upvote 2

Has anyone else read the official synopsis. It features some interesting wording:

Spoiler

Screenshot-20190528-221048.png

"Original Terminator"..?

4 hours ago, deerokus said:

Genesis is one of the worst big budget films I've seen. Appalling film that makes T3 look like something by Werner Herzog in comparison. 

Never mind big budget, it's one of the worst films I've ever seen full stop. This new one will inevitably be absolute shite.

The storyline has been leaked on Reddit via three or four different sources. Take it with a grain of salt, but if it's true I'm going to be seriously pissed off, it's garbage.