VN1X

Super Mario Odyssey - ALL CAPS

State of this review:

Though a really neat game, Super Mario Odyssey is an utterly underwhelming adventure for every long-term Super Mario fan in existence. Unless Cappy brainwashed you. In that case, you are a satisfied zombie customer now. No, seriously, only a zombie would find a healthy challenge in this pleasant but disappointingly easy Super Mario Walk-in-the-park. Sorry - Odyssey.

Play Zine they're called. Doing a Sterling I call it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, g wings said:

Only 9.75/10 from Gameinformer. What's the crucial .25 that this game is missing? My Switch is going up for sale.

It's only 59.999999 fps

11 minutes ago, Stanley said:

State of this review:

There's plenty of tricky platforming sections. The bosses are all easy but they always have been in a Mario game really haven't they?

Just now, Majora said:

There's plenty of tricky platforming sections. The bosses are all easy but they always have been in a Mario game really haven't they?

Yeah that review is just straight up trolling. Shouldn't really be allowed as it just looks like an Amazon review or something.

Honestly, my first hour's impressions were that this is 'just' a great top tier Mario game. I went to bed after about 50 moons thinking it's astonishingly packed with ideas and invention and fun moments but probably 'just' a great Mario game. After another couple of hours today, I've been laughing with utter joy at some of this. I actually welled up at one point, not because of any moving story or some bollocks, just because it was so good. That moment is my highlight of the year in gaming, by a fucking mile. The game is an absolute  masterpiece. 

• Upvote 6

23 minutes ago, Stanley said:

State of this review:

Metacritic says they gave Crash N-Sane Trilogy a 9. They must like their platformer difficulty set to infuriating.

• Upvote 1

I still can't believe all this is happening, and after Zelda too. I was unsure whether we'd see the return of Nintendo at all, but I never expected them to come back this hard.

Basically:

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, daveodeth said:

Amazon did the business. Still says dispatch mind. Work needs to end

Does the Royal Mail tracking say it’s delivered?

56 minutes ago, Saint said:

5812 Yen via the Amazon download code that I purchased.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B075K69SYN?ref_=pe_1787632_187784572

Worked out around £38-£39.

@parrapatheslapper Cant use a UK card on the Japan eShop so here's how I did it (and it's cheaper!)

And of course mine goes into pending verification for up to four hours.

• Empathy 1

Just got enough moons to bust out of maraca-desert-but-cold-land. All feels great so far. Not had any OMG life changing moments so far like I did with Galaxy but early days. Certainly the best Mario since the last Mario.

Already enjoying it more than BOTW,  but then I always did prefer the Mario games.