rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Keyboard Koala

Gravity Rush Remastered and Gravity Rush 2

The cities in the concept art look quite a bit more vertiginous than the first game. And just as gorgeous.

I guess I didn't post it in this thread, but I hope the sequel let's you press L to 'reverse' into the camera, with floating moved to pressing both shoulder buttons, as that would make the controls a lot less fiddly. Then again I don't know how different Kat's abilities will be this time: in that trailer she seems to be making use of low gravity rather than switching it.

I adored Gravity Rush on the Vita, but can only see it being even better with a controller. Can't wait, shame we've got to wait till February though.

Apparently there will be an anime series as well:

On the Anime:
The anime will tell the story of what happens in the several months that take place between Gravity Rush and Gravity Rush 2.
It is in production by a “very excellent” company, and will release in 2016.
On Gravity Rush 2:
With the gravity action as a priority, all the elements are being brushed up.
“Lively Experience” is the keyword, and they’re looking to break out of the “occluded” feeling of the Japanese game industry with this title.
The game takes place in an exotic city that gives off the vibe you’d get from South America and Southeast Asia.
The city sways in the air, as if it were being pushed by waves. Again, you’ll get to enjoy catastrophic experiences, where you might see things like giant cities turning into enemies.
They’ve added a variety of enemies, such as humanoid and machine-type ones.
Asynchronous communication methods such as being able to send in-game pictures to friends are some of the new features they’re preparing for the game.
All the main characters from the previous game will make an appearance.
Raven appears as a partner. She’ll participate as a reliable buddy, and will do actions like doing special moves at the same time you do.
The cooperation with Raven is basically part of the story, so you won’t be able to have her by your side at all times. They do have the desire to add a way to play as Raven, and it’s something they’re heavily brainstorming.
The “Attribute Tune” system allows you to switch between three types of gravity characteristics. They are:
Normal: same as the previous game.
Luna: its high mobility without consuming any gravity energy is its main characteristic.
Jupiter: movement slows down, but Kat’s attack increases, and she’s able to guard.
“Photo Mode” will be added. You’ll get to place all kinds of different objects, create sceneries, and take pictures. It will have filters, too.
In addition to the Photo Mode, they’re preparing something along the lines of “Photo Ghost,” where you might find something translucent in town, and give it value by “liking” it. It will also be compatible with Twitter.
The field sizes are roughly x2.5 of the previous game. The background gimmicks and number of missions have been increased. Their current goal is to have about 50 side-missions.
It’s currently difficult to give a number for its development status, but they can say that they’ve produced about 30% to 40% of the gimmicks, and they say that it’s quite the scale of work.
There will be an “alternate dimension” in the game. Its variety has become much more splendid.
“Panorama” and “global feel” are some of the thoughts that are going into the making of Gravity Rush 2. White snow, blue skies, and such work with with the affinity of the PlayStation 4’s light processing.
You can enjoy the story without having played the first Gravity Rush, but they say that it’ll be more enjoyable if you’ve played it. They’re also working on something special for those with save data of the first game.
The music is composed by Koehei Tanaka, who worked on the previous title. They feel that there’s more of a global feel to the track, this time around.
They’re putting more effort into the voicing of the game, for things such as dialogue with Raven, and other parts. They will be speaking in an original tongue in Gravity Rush 2 as well, and they feel that imagining what they’re saying is part of the fun.
As for online elements: being able to friends pictures for treasure box hints, and time attack modes are in consideration. Time attack would have not only a ranking but also the ability to battle with ghosts. You’ll also get to send challenges to friends. They’re currently thinking of additional online elements for post-game activities.
There will be plenty more costumes than the previous game. Halloween costumes and such are being thought up.
There will be DLC. Currently thinking of something different from the previous title.

Latest gameplay demo:

Wow, looks like they've done a superb job on the remastering of the original:

Full write-up here.

The controls sound spot on too, I found the touch stuff pretty awkward but it seems like it should also please those who got on with it:

The inclusion of gyroscope and touchpad on Dual Shock 4 mean that most the Vita's motion and touch-based actions translate seamlessly on to the controller without any dramatic changes. Tilting the controller is used to turn the camera when in zero gravity mode or on the map screen, while swiping on the touchpad is used to dodge enemy attacks. These actions are also mirrored on the L2 and R2 triggers if you'd rather control Kat in a more traditional manner. In fact, you don't actually have to use any of the Dual Shock 4's motion or touch features at all, although they feel like a natural fit for the game based on how they were deployed in the Vita original.
  • Upvote 2

That looks great. I'll definitely be double dipping on Gravity Rush.

Also, the Japanese preorder bonus theme for Gravity Daze had better get released in the West:

So yeah, I'm in need of a place to preorder this so that I get that snazzy theme Wiper posted.

I know there's one on PSN, just wondering if there's a physical copy that comes with it in the UK too. I hear Amazon US has it, but there's no mention on Amazon UK.

if the remaster is crossbuy with the first Vita game - I might finally start it. Probably a dream since cross-save won't be patched into the Vita version...

Got a quick hour on this last night once the download had unlocked. Had forgotten just how much I love this game. So nice just to be able to float around its world again.

It looks and plays great on the PS4, and at 25 quid I'd highly recommend it to anyone who didn't have the pleasure of owning a Vita to give it a go.

Ordered this yesterday from Shopto for a bargain price of £10.85. Been playing most of the morning. Not only does it look the part in 1080/60, but its soooo much easier to play/control on a proper pad, and the R3 reset camera button helps no end when you're disorientated. Just lovely.

Hats off again to Bluepoint who are the remaster masters! 

Looks gorgeous.

I can't help but feel that this should have featured in the Sony conference, rather than the latest wank from David Cage.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, JohnnyRyall said:

I can't help but feel that this should have featured in the Sony conference, rather than the latest wank from David Cage.

Whilst I agree, I can see why they didn't show the latest trailer as it's full anime, wailing electric guitar and all. More off-beat projects tend to be saved for Gamescom/PGW or TGS.

This is my most anticipated game, I reckon. Just hope the music is as good as the last game. 

Just watched a PS Underground vid and the Sony guys confirmed it'll be out this year.