Sign in to follow this  

Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash - first gameplay trailer

Releases in Japan on March 16th next year, no Western release date yet. Gameplay theme is reminiscent of Splatoon but the game seems more of a regular FPS.

I'm intrigued by the backstory - what motivation do these voluptuous young women have for their waterfight?

The same motivation why they battle each other with swords, guns, fists and whatnot (Estival Versus etc) and cook (Bon Appetite). Truth be told, Estival Versus is enjoyable (reminds me of Otogi), but for goodness sake I hope nobody ever sees me playing it.

25 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I guess TPS to be specific, I don't distinguish between the two.

The easy way to tell, is if it's a First Person Shooter, it's FPS. If it's a Third Person Shooter, it's TPS.

:sherlock:

22 hours ago, deKay said:

The easy way to tell, is if it's a First Person Shooter, it's FPS. If it's a Third Person Shooter, it's TPS.

Just say "shooter" FFS, most games don't stick to one perspective anymore and perspective isn't even a genre descriptor in the first place.

22 hours ago, deKay said:

Or Titty Poontang Splash in this case 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

Just say "shooter" FFS, most games don't stick to one perspective anymore and perspective isn't even a genre descriptor in the first place.

I usually do. It's the OP that used FPS!

38 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Based on what? The game isn't released yet to play.

Based on the content of the game. It's utter shite. Titillation for emotionally stunted weirdo prospective Elliot Rodgers.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Gross. Reminds me of browsing Neogaf and noticing a thread on a new Vita game. Pleasant surprise turns to horror when the OP invariably contains pics of children in bikinis.

• Upvote 2

I don't think it's so much a Mary Whitehouse-esqe, conservative, "the human body is dirty and shameful" type objection here. It's more an unease about a game whose entire focus is the sexual objectification of women. Well, girls.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RubberJohnny said:

But I like to call my verts and horis shooters :(

3 hours ago, dug said:

I don't think it's so much a Mary Whitehouse-esqe, conservative, "the human body is dirty and shameful" type objection here. It's more an unease about a game whose entire focus is the sexual objectification of women. Well, girls.

It is a shame really. The game mechanics are enjoyable; Estival Versus is a 3d beat em up and Bon Appetite is a rhythmic button pressing game (very much like Donkey Konga). But the tone is so overly sexualised it becomes annoying. For a Perfect clear in Bon Appetite you get this bonus cutscene where your opponent (always a girl) is served to you as a dessert: naked with only her private parts covered in white whipped cream she takes on a rather sexual pose whilst groaning. You can rotate the camera to get the best view. *CRINGE* In Estival Versus you and your opponent (again, girls only) lose their clothing after taking a beating. And the game does everything in its power to show you that exact thing in slow motion. *CRINGE* Also, in the Dressing Room you can turn the Left and Right analogue sticks into hands and grab the boobs of the anime girl to which she reacts.

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

As someone new to this forum, am I being trolled or is there genuinely one person suggesting harmless titillation in games creates sociopaths (would love to hear what you think of people who play GTA), and another who thinks boobs are gross?

Is it typical for people here to be so conservative?

Sadly, yes.

• Downvote 1