rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Strafe

Star Wars Battlefront X-Wing VR

Downloaded the VR mission, but can't see how to start it. The VR mission tab on the title screen just gives you the greyed out download tab, which is useless.

RLLMUK help me, you're my only hope!

To clarify:

I own BF and have logged on to the work PS4 with my PSN account, the VR mission is downloading fine, however BF isn't installed o the machine. Will it run or will I need to install the manymanylotsofgigs of BF before I can make myself throw up?

22 minutes ago, DC07 said:

Dunno if it was a coincidence but I had the same problem and it's now working after I restarted the PS4.

I'M GOING IN!

That worked.

Pretty amazing and a guaranteed system seller if they do a full game. I did however, have my first bout of proper VR sickness playing. Looping around the bridge of the SD whilst looking out the window tracking TIE's really flipped my stomach out :lol:

And the AT-AT :wub:

Just played it, took 19 mins.

Very impressive the work that has gone into this as a freebie. Was worth it just for the title screen and the AT-AT walking past you!

little virtual tour around the outside of X wing with the R2 unit scuttling around your feet.

then can play with some buttons in the cockpit before you meet up with your fleet above a swirling galaxy. Sense of scale on planets and ships is very good. Explosions are amazing which is welcome after how shit they were in the CoD one.

my main grumble is the flight controls are limited, its al on one stick so no barrel rolls etc. 

19 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

To clarify:

I own BF and have logged on to the work PS4 with my PSN account, the VR mission is downloading fine, however BF isn't installed o the machine. Will it run or will I need to install the manymanylotsofgigs of BF before I can make myself throw up?

You need BF installed 

• Upvote 1

Yeah loved that. Massive Star Wars fan and so had near enough twenty minutes with a big grin on my face. Would kill for a full game done in a similar way. Second go I was happy enough just flying around the Rebel fleet gawping at the size of the Nebulon B Cruisers and trying get a look at the pilots in the Y-Wings. Ace.

Oh no, I was so excited for this game, but I don't like it.

Turning your x-wing is so slow, it's sluggishly unsatisfying.  There's no sense that you're in a dog fight, which is something the Jackel demo got right.

looks really nice though.