rllmuk
Uzi

The Last of Us Part 2

On 08/05/2020 at 18:59, df0 said:

I think I'll join you, never finished it on the highest difficulty.

I already am not looking forward to some sections :omg:

And I'm out. Started on Grounded, can't get past the first difficult part with the clicker. Shit's too hard :lol: 

• Empathy 1

That really i s a bugger that bit though. Drop it down or persevere. Once you're clear of that it's much less painful imo.

I've played it before many times. I thought I'd do one last run on Grounded before the sequel drops.

• Upvote 1

I'm curiously un-hyped about this. Fascinated to see what they've achieved technically, but nothing they've shown so far indicates a worthwhile narrative justification for going back to the well. When combined with the bizarrely leery emphasis on extreme violence seen in all the marketing it just leaves me suspecting the whole thing is a bit misjudged.

I'll be there day one to find out, of course.

• Upvote 2

I hope they've done away with the forced trot when you press L1 to run in certain sections.

I played through the first game and thought it was perfectly fine, but never understood the reverence many people seem to have for it.

As such I was happy to read the leaked spoilers and....oof! There will be a lot of this from fans after release:dTcAHZc.jpg.8c2c67dcc93a75e65012416b7cdae82c.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 4

Are those “fans” raging neckbeard gamergaters by any chance though

• Upvote 1

I was looking at this on PSN, and I guess I can't have bought a new game for a while, because those prices looked kinda high! How does this work these days? I'm not too worried about the pre-order bumf, err, bonuses, and money is tight due to the lockdown, so will there be a slightly cheaper option on launch day? Am only interested in the downloadable version.

And put me down as huge fan of the original - I too have just completed another playthrough ahead of the sequel - but rather sceptical about the existence of the second. Haven't properly watched a trailer since the announcement trailer (watched the latest one with the sound off) so going in fairly blind... Hoping the suggestions of a fairly heavy handed story and exploitative seeming violence are either misdirects or far from the full picture.

28 minutes ago, LongHairStu said:

I was looking at this on PSN, and I guess I can't have bought a new game for a while, because those prices looked kinda high! How does this work these days? I'm not too worried about the pre-order bumf, err, bonuses, and money is tight due to the lockdown, so will there be a slightly cheaper option on launch day? Am only interested in the downloadable version.

Unfortunately Sony like to gouge folks' buying digital on new releases :( . I've gone all digital for my latest ongoing flip-flop between buying the consoles, but I'm buggered if I'm going to pay out £60 for this or Final Fatasy VII. Even when you pick up the top up cards cheaper it's still a pricier prospect. 

On the plus side though, they do regularly have decent deals on older stuff. My PS4 hard drive is stuffed full of good things :) 

1 hour ago, LongHairStu said:

And put me down as huge fan of the original - I too have just completed another playthrough ahead of the sequel - but rather sceptical about the existence of the second. Haven't properly watched a trailer since the announcement trailer (watched the latest one with the sound off) so going in fairly blind... Hoping the suggestions of a fairly heavy handed story and exploitative seeming violence are either misdirects or far from the full picture.

If you know someone who also wants it you can game share and go halves.

16 minutes ago, Pob said:

That works on PS4?

Yep, I gameshare with a mate. You need both profiles on your PS4. If your friend buys it, go onto their profile on your PS4 and dl the purchased game. Then, it will appear on the PS4 on your account. 

Here

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

I’d neg this if I could.

Now you've had a tiny taste of the frustration and disappointment you'll feel when you play the game.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Trumpets said:

Now you've had a tiny taste of the frustration and disappointment you'll feel when you play the game.

Played it, have you?

2 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

Played it, have you?

I know certain key plot points in a game dominated by story. Yikes is all I can say.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 5

2 minutes ago, Trumpets said:

I know certain key plot points in a game dominated by story. Yikes is all I can say.

I've seen the spoilers too. Hasn't tempered my excitement for the game one bit.

Those story beats will be spread out by hours of gameplay and just reading a plot point is different to seeing it performed and backed up by the musical score etc.

38 minutes ago, Trumpets said:

Thanks for letting me know my feelings. 

• Upvote 2

@Trumpets Start your own thread if you want to talk spoilers, vague or otherwise. The game isn't even out yet. 

• Upvote 6

No spoilers in this thread at all. You have been warned.

• Upvote 9

What is it about reading leaks that turns some people into dickheads? 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

Why are the people that read leaks always dickheads about it?

Hey! :(

Just now, teddymeow said:

Hey! :(

Haha, sorry, wasn’t aimed at you obvs. :)

2 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

Haha, sorry, wasn’t aimed at you obvs. :)

Well, that's alright then. :hug:

On 13/05/2020 at 18:01, Trumpets said:

Ooh look at me spoiler rubbish and 2012 wants its meme back.

Pop into the thread thinking surely all the bollocks spoiler talk has stopped by now and nope, there it is. Well done. Have a pancake.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Trumpets said:

What exactly have I spoiled about the game?

You're like a friend of mine who just can not take a hint and talks about spoilers without mentioning details. When I'm going to see movie X and play game X, he always mentions shit like "oh, if you loved the twist movie Y you're going to love this movie!". Or "man, the main antagonist in game X really resembles boss B from game A".

The more I tell him I don't wanna hear anything mate, nothing at all the more he insists. How difficult is it to just not say/type anything. In this thread nobody wants to read about details, major or minor. Keep it to yourself.

• Upvote 3