rllmuk
Uzi

The Last of Us Part 2

9 hours ago, Hitcher said:

There's more to this delay than just coronavirus because other games are still being released just fine.

I dunno, I think HL: Alyx still shipping when no one can actually get hold of the hardware to play it because they shut down all the factories is the outlier here, not all the other games that will delay.

9 hours ago, The Mighty Ash said:

I think it's more a case of they want to sell as many copies as possible and now isnt the right time.

My dad works at Nintendo and he says it’s because they’re replacing all the hidden collectibles with toilet paper and Dettol wipes.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

My dad works at Nintendo and he says it’s because they’re replacing all the hidden collectibles with toilet paper and Dettol wipes.

And that's why they're so beloved by us all!

7 hours ago, Super Craig said:

This will give the Xbox fanboys something to worry about other than the PS5 having a faster SSD.

What does this mean? Why would Xbox fanboys be worried about either this being delayed or the, completely irrelevant to this game’s delay, PS5 having a faster SSD?

I love my Xbox, but I’m not worried in the slightest about either of those things and I can’t work out why you think anyone would be.

The only thing I’m bothered about is that I wouldn’t have minded giving TLOU2 a go while we’re in lockdown.

• Upvote 2

It's just because they expect it won't sell as well during the crisis. 

Anything else is just not business. 

• Upvote 2

My PS4 standard blew out a dusty sigh of relief at the news.

• Upvote 1

On 02/04/2020 at 17:52, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Yep. I've been playing The Division for the last three weeks.

Yes. Feels nice having some agency over a killer virus apocalypse tbh

On 03/04/2020 at 08:24, Hitcher said:

This is purely due to video game shops being closed which will affect sales.

I haven’t bought a game at a games shop in ten years, is that still a thing?

2 hours ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

I haven’t bought a game at a games shop in ten years, is that still a thing?

Yeah I'd imagine they still account for a large portion of sales. Especially with a release as big as this one.

I still always buy physical on my PS4 for some reason.

Odd they have completely removed the game and refunded without a revised date yet.

Wild speculation, but if they still launch the PS5 this year, it's likely the development of launch titles has been thrown off by coronavirus.

TLOU2 might be bumped to a PS5 launch title, could even have a period of PS5 exclusivity to drum up hype and arrive on PS4 in 2021.

22 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Odd they have completely removed the game and refunded without a revised date yet.

Who are ‘they’? Was it previously available for digital pre order on the PSN store?

21 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Wild speculation, but if they still launch the PS5 this year, it's likely the development of launch titles has been thrown off by coronavirus.

TLOU2 might be bumped to a PS5 launch title, could even have a period of PS5 exclusivity to drum up hype and arrive on PS4 in 2021.

Can't see PS5 exclusivity happening. Or more to the point, it would be an absolute kick in the nuts to fans of the game and PS4 owners. Simultaneous launch very possible though, with the much enhanced version on PS5 making us all buy one anyway.

• Upvote 8

Yeah there's no way this won't come out day 1 on PS4 - it'd be seen as a massive betrayal.

• Upvote 1

TLoU2 will do much better as an ambassador of the PS5's backward compatibility, seeing as nearly everyone buying a launch PS5 will own it and want to play it through again with improved frame rates and ray tracing etc.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, grindmouse said:

I believe it's been refunded due to the lack of a revised launch date. Sitting on people's money without them knowing when it would be released wouldn't be a good look.

53 minutes ago, barkbat said:

TLoU2 will do much better as an ambassador of the PS5's backward compatibility, seeing as nearly everyone buying a launch PS5 will own it and want to play it through again with improved frame rates and ray tracing etc.

Backwards compatibility isn't adding those features though.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

Backwards compatibility isn't adding those features though.

Well, it would if they just released it as a PS4 game and it just ran on the PS5.

But I suspect big business will practically shit themselves if they couldn't produce two different versions and get punters to buy them both.

3 minutes ago, JoeK said:

Well, it would if they just released it as a PS4 game and it just ran on the PS5.

But I suspect big business will practically shit themselves if they couldn't produce two different versions and get punters to buy them both.

That's not what happened at the PS4 launch though. The major AAA publishers were doing £10 upgrades from the PS3 version. I think there was an equivalent scheme on the Xbox One as well.

• Upvote 1

Sony can afford to ship the game in preparation for PS5 dual play, and patch it on the console's release. Together with a PS5 exclusive DLC episode that they can charge £10 for, they can get all the good will and then the money.

5 hours ago, Phil said:

I believe it's been refunded due to the lack of a revised launch date. Sitting on people's money without them knowing when it would be released wouldn't be a good look.

Then why bother taking any money at all? They could just wait until a week before release like Microsoft.

Just a heads up that apparently major plot information/footage has leaked. As I'd rather not look into it I can't be any more specific, and if you want to go in blind now might be a good time to break out the spoiler-filtering browser plugins.

• Upvote 6

On 22/04/2020 at 11:24, Pob said:

Yeah there's no way this won't come out day 1 on PS4 - it'd be seen as a massive betrayal.

That and they'd be doing themselves out of millions of sales. They've made the entire game for PS4 now, so it wouldn't make sense to not cash in on its huge user base.

10 hours ago, Ferine said:

Just a heads up that apparently major plot information/footage has leaked. As I'd rather not look into it I can't be any more specific, and if you want to go in blind now might be a good time to break out the spoiler-filtering browser plugins.

Just came to post this, I’ve seen some of it on Twitter this morning :( 

Probably a better way to go about it than leaking major spoilers and now having Sony's legal team up your ass

For those chrome users who are worried about spoilers, you can download an extension called spoiler protection 2.0 from google play. You type in keywords you want blocked and it does a great job of blocking out text and hiding it in a red box you have to click to get the content. It also blocks youtube thumbnails from those utter, utter bastards that upload a thumbnail of the final boss or whatever

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1